Memphis, TN
Students enrolled: 1,008

Posted May 07, 2015
Wonderful and truly a hidden gem in Cordova! I have had two children here and have experienced kindergarten through 5th grade in both the CLUE and optional programs. Have also used the before/after school program and summer program. Can not say enough positive things about the teachers and staff here. It is safe, my children learn, they have lots of friends, there is very little homework, diversity and inclusion are valued, and my children have moved on to other schools and have continued to excel in the 'gifted' learning programs.

Riverwood Elementary School 1

Posted April 02, 2015
My children have attended this school for 3 years .For kindergarten, i had no major issue but i would quite often see unhappy parents in the office for one reason or another. Now i see why. My sons 1st AND second grade teachers were terrible .first of all you need to control your class before you can begin to teach them. For Each grade .i would pop in and the kids ran the class. Pure chaos. Also bullying now i teach my sons to stick up for themselves but doing so gets him N's in conduct always ..really? When he's not starting the problem and the teachers and staff won't do anything about it. Ive asked on more than one occasion for him to be switched to another class and they always come up with some other plan that doesn't work either. I asked if my son needed help in any area and the answer is always literally "No, he's so bright." But he came home with 2 C's on his report card every single time .and I'm not getting any terrible grades on the graded work he's bringing home even tho its only like 4 sheets every few months. its April and my 2nd grader has not been on a single field trip this year but they have fundraisers all the time. if i could give this school zero stars i would.

Posted January 25, 2015
THIS IS THE GREATEST ELEMENTARY SCHOOL EVER SINCE MY KIDS HAVE BEEN IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS EVER

Posted September 16, 2014
Riverwood elementary is a school that implements creative teaching to help improve learning abilities, helps enhance less sociable active kids, and realizes a student's level of achievement and helps to promote higher academic learning. This school is for your child if you are a parent who is serious about your child(ren)'s education and is willing to help your child to grow with their learning. My child has attended this school going on 2 years. I have YET to see anything that I didn't agree with. From the caring, focused staff to my child loving everyday of being at this school, there has not been anything to complain of. The only thing I can think of is the hectic registration. If you need to put your child in before/after school care AKA Eagles Nest, parents have their sleeping bags the day before and the day of, it is absolutely absurd of a line. Other than that, this school is crowded for a reason. You have wonderful teachers who help make a positive difference in a child's life.

Riverwood Elementary School 1

Posted May 12, 2014
I have a child that has attended Riverwood for 2 years, I have been a active parent and supported this school and my child from the beginning. My child has struggled, because of not only bullying, but teachers not willing to assist students that need that extra help. I have contacted the administration for help with no luck. The administration is just as much help as their staff, NO HELP! One of the reasons I CHOSE this school was because the principal won principal of the year, but in 2 years I've only seen her maybe twice. She doesn't seem to play that active of a role from my exp. Button they've NEVER hesitated to charge for everything, and I've even been solicited by the staff for services. Everything at the school is not what it appears. As a concerned I expect assistance and cooperation especially since my taxes are paying their salaries. I give this school a big F!!

Riverwood Elementary School 4

Posted March 10, 2014
I have 2 daughters at this school abd I must say my kindergarten teacher is absolutely wonderful I would never imagined she would be able to read let alone do 15 math equations at her age. I absolutely love her teacher! :-)

Posted February 25, 2014
I've had three children attend this school, and it is fantastic. It is crowded, but that's because so many parents want to get their child into Riverwood! The facility is clean, and has nice touches inside that give it more character than other schools--Like the tree in the lobby area, near the staircase! The principal is very active in the school, and everyone seems very motivated to keep the school functioning at its highest potential. We've had a child in every grade of the school (all in optional classes for grades 1-5), and we've been very pleased overall with the teachers and their ability to work with kids, and their parents, to keep kids moving in the right direction academically and socially. No school is perfect, but Riverwood certainly has been a bright spot in our children's schooling experiences.

Riverwood Elementary School 4

Posted October 19, 2013
Teachers and students do their best to make sure learning continues at the highest level despite the fact that the school has 200 more students than the above figure indicates, which means there are more students than classrooms. Some teachers share classrooms, and some teachers teach in closests and storage rooms, yet everyone does their best to make it work.

Posted October 18, 2013
I have 3 children going to riverwood this year. 4th grade, Kindergarten and PreK. I couldn't be happier with the teachers and level of communication. All 3 of my children love going to school and enjoy their teachers.

Posted October 18, 2013
Its a great school,with very good teachers and staff especially the principal.She does so many good things for kids ,and is available to the parents always.My kids are in the school from the year it started.The PTO also does so many good things for the school.My kids and we love the school.

Riverwood Elementary School
1330 Stern Lane, Memphis, TN  38016
Last modified Riverwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top