Memphis, TN

Posted April 17, 2014
This is a great school my children attended Cordova Middle School. I was very pleased with the outcome, they were both Honor Students.

Posted January 13, 2014
My son attended CMS 6th-8th and was in the honors program. He was definitely prepared for a rigorous high school schedule. He had some of the most caring and academically challenging teachers in his 3 years at Cordova Middle.

Cordova Middle School 2

Posted March 04, 2013
I'm in 6th grade and so far this year sucked. There is constant bulling. I only have two great friends that don't bully me. I also notice that many fights take place in just a week. Some of the teachers are awesome but some are horrible. If your in 6th grade honors you will have mass amounts of homework every night. The projects they give us is also very hard. The 6th grade lunch is at 9:30 A.M. Also, you have no time to eat. I will get in the lunch line, get a fork, and everyone is already leaving to go to class. By 4th period my stomach will be growling as loud as it can. The school now has this thing called Gaggle. Students can message other students and teachers. The can also submit assignments to teachers. I recently did a biograpy for my grammar class on gaggle but couldn't find out how to submit the assignment. Why can't we just hand in a hand-written assignment like in elementary school. If you are trying to select a school for your child to go to, Cordova Middle might not be your best choise.

Cordova Middle School 4

Posted October 05, 2012
To the parent that said that Cordova Middle was the worst school her children had ever been to.... The problem more than likely is you. You probably do not get involved at the school. i have an 8th grader that is very involved with sports, orchestra, film and video, and is in all honor classes there and my oldest graduated from there a couple of years ago. He was also involved in sports, orchestra, film and video, and all honor classes. We were very pleased with the school. The staff is very friendly. however, if you are one of those parents that never comes to the school or think that your children can do no wrong, that is the problem. The main problem at Cordova Middle is the number of parents that do not teach their children at home to respect others. It is not the responsibility of the teachers to teach the children manners in middle school. How are you going to file a lawsuit against the school because you do not like how things are done? If you do not like it, go to the school and get involved! Get involved or get your children out of the school. most of all , do not bad mout ha school that is far above any other school inthe Memphis area.

Cordova Middle School 1

Posted April 17, 2012
This is the worst school my children have ever been to. Now they will call me all day about little stuff, but stuff they need to be calling me about they dont even call. I have called the board of education to file a complaint and im thinking about filing a lawsuit against the school. They are rude. I personally hate this school and i dont see how its getting good ratings.This school needs to be restaffed or shut down completely..

Posted January 13, 2012
I have two children to attend Cordova Middle. They both enjoy the school and I myself is very pleased with the school. The teachers are very active and do strive on excellence. My son will be leaving next year to go to high school but my daughter who is in the 6 grade will being staying. She says she loves it. My daughter has a learning and speech disability and even though this school is an optional school they treat her as if she dont. I like that because it gives my child the ability to work just as hard. She made the Honor Roll for the first time every. I can honestly say that they do push the kids as well as the parents to help the kids do there very best. I appreaciate the phone calls whenever there is an issue pertaining to my kids grades. I wil recommend this school to every one.

Cordova Middle School 4

Posted April 10, 2011
Cordova Middle is GREAT:) i am now in 6th grade and enjoying it GREATLY:) i will definitely always remeber these years:) This school has magnificent teachers where their goal is to exceed ours:)

Posted April 05, 2010
I attend Cordova Middle School as of now. I have attended this school since the 6th grade. I am in the 7th grade and so far out of my two years this school is wonderful, challenging but wonderful.

Posted July 08, 2009
I attended Cordova Middle School and it was a great experience. Eigth grade was my most favorable year. I think the older you are at Cordova the more you get to do. Certain teachers are a blessing to have known but some are very unfavorable. Cordova has a wonderful learning enviornment. However, the principal could have better control over the school and her staff. The chain of command is weak. Problems that occur that you might have need to be dealt with in a more orderly fashion. But all in all Cordova was a great school.

Posted March 25, 2009
I attend cordova now and to tell you the truth its a bully living school its been days i hated to go to school because of this problem.No one cares.No one.Ive told principle mrs.Whitehead she refered me to asstint principle mr.Williams who says sorry no eveidince no punishment.Oh in consulerms.James ohthat no help eather.Id go home n cry all night.Still dread goin to school the next morning.Cause the problem always follow.Bring a parent doesnt help eather.Oh butwhen you get in a fight your to blame even if they hit you first and have you locked n a locker room with dozen of girls watchin.Nwhen gettin suspened they>ifyou ever have a promblem come tell us>the teachers are great they really try hard to get you through to the next grade.But at timesi think they give up on sudents>but great place to learn but horrible place to be bullyed...

900 North Sanga Road, Memphis, TN  38018
Last modified Cordova Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cordova Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top