Memphis, TN

Posted August 04, 2014
My daughter attends this school and I absolutely love it! She is is first grade but started attending in kindergarten and I couldn't ask for a better school. My son is 21y/o and he attended Oak Forest from 2nd to 5th grade and I was ever so satisfied with their level of teaching. I would recommend Oak Forest to any parent!

Oak Forest 1

Posted April 29, 2012
Don't send your child to this school, I posted a review back in 2010 and have since pulled my child out of Oak Forest Elem. The Sp Ed dept cheats on testing and since you can't attend those test there is no way to prove it. Oak Forest is stating that my child went from a 3rd grade level in reading in Dec 2010 to almost a 6th grade reading level. Now I may not be a rocket scientist but even I know this is not possible. All they care about is the TCAP scores and from looking at them I would say they failed miserably. If you have a choice put your child somewhere else this school is not about educating as much as cattle herding.

Posted December 09, 2010
I have two children at Oak Forest Elementary. I have been extremely pleased with all of my children's teacher thus far. We came to Oak Forest from a private school and our experience at Oak Forest has been one that I don't think the private school could have competed with. My children are "advanced learners" and Oak Forest has done an excellent job of challenging them and allowing them to excel at their own pace without limiting their academic exposure to just their grade curriculum. Though I was reluctant at first after being pleased with their private school, I am more than confident that Oak Forest was the perfect choice for my children's education and will continue to be. Oak Forest is now in the process of becoming an International Baccalaureate school which is bringing even more advanced learning opportunities including Chinese.

Oak Forest 1

Posted December 08, 2009

Oak Forest 0

Posted October 17, 2008
I am a parent with a child that attends Oak Forest. I amalso in the PTO . I have found that the faculty and administrators are very caring , especially towards my child who is recovering from autism.

Oak Forest 4

Posted October 24, 2007
I am in no position to judge the entire school. However, my individual experience has been a good one. I am from out of town, and I was expecting the worst after hearing about the Memphis school system. I must say that my child is learning a lot and she loves her teachers. The thing I like the most is the constant communication with me. In the past, I have had to go to the school to ask. In this case, I have not had to. Overall, I am pleasantly surprised.

Posted September 25, 2007
I have two children currently attending Oak Forest. Oak Forest is an excellent school, the teachers are wonderful and very involved with educating each child.

Oak Forest 4

Posted August 06, 2007
I purposely purchased a home in the area of Oak Forest in order to send my child to school there. In general, the teachers are all good/excellent. Parental Participation is vital in ensuring your child's success.

Posted September 19, 2006

Posted February 28, 2006
Hi My name is Jacqurlyn Denise Baskin.I think that Oak Forrest Is the best school.You could possable put your child in.My child Broderick attended this school for eight years.He received the best learning and care.I would encourage any parent to consider this school.For the year 2006 thru 2007 school term.Go Oak Forrest,you're the greatest!

Oak Forest
7447 Nonconnah View Cove, Memphis, TN  38119
Last modified Oak Forest is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Forest Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top