Memphis, TN

Posted April 20, 2014
My daughter attended 1 - 5 grade here (finishing in 2013) and our son completed 2nd grade. We love this school. It is a very nurturing, family-friendly school with 100 percent parental involvement. The children are treated with respect and are among the most well behaved children anywhere. I like that the children eat their lunches in their classrooms - very civilized. Every Friday is family day and all parents, siblings, relatives, etc are invited to start the day out at Campus School while one of the classes performs skits and leads songs. Great school counselor was very supportive of my children. If you want your child in a nurturing environment, this is it.

Posted February 13, 2014
Incredible place! Very community driven, parents have so many opportunities to be involved Very dedicated staff and teachers that have been there for years! No one wants to ever leave because it is so great! My son has flourished here and has some learning issues! They have rallied around him and supported us all the way. The counselor is sweet, great after school activities, small classes and lots of student pride! They instill character into everything they do! Wonderful place to learn!

Posted June 12, 2013
My child just completed first grade at Campus school, and we could not be happier! The teachers and administration are outstanding! Nurturing environment, small class sizes, differentiated instruction that meets each student where they are, great communication, and a very active parent association.

Posted December 27, 2012
To the person who said that "the school is run by the government"-- No, it's not! Campus School is a laboratory school and its teachers are technically employees of the University of Memphis, which is why faculty and staff get first priority. (sigh) That said, if you have the opportunity to send your child to Campus School, you won't be sorry. You cannot find a better school, public or private, in Memphis.

Campus School 2

Posted March 01, 2012
I just wanted to comment on the person who said that Campus school gives priority to faculty and staff. I believe that no public school should give "priority" to anyone. Everyone who applies should be equal. The school is run by the government. The government is supposed to stand for equality.

Campus School 4

Posted February 19, 2012
I just wish more great kids could attend this great school. Just found out mine cannot, and I am so saddened that I have no where that I feel comfortable with to send my child to school. I thought with a husband that is a dedicated Memphis City Middle School teacher, we be able to benefit as well like the University employees, but sadly we are not a priority.

Campus School 1

Posted June 03, 2011
This school is academically excellent and they know it. They deliberately weed kids out in the first grade to keep their star standing. My kid was booted out this year because she missed 7 days, was tardy 7 times, and had an early pick-up on a day when they called me to come get her because she had a fever. These infractions total 15 and she was automatically expelled for next year. We've exhausted the appeals process and lost. Every appeal outcome said the same thing- "we've reviewed the materials and find no new evidence" WITHOUT acknowledging the contradiction in their published student handbook. There is no such thing as an excused absence, regardless of what is says in the handbook. I no longer trust this school or feel its administrators care about the students.

Campus School 2

Posted March 05, 2011
We have had kids in this school for a total of 12 years running. Our youngest finishes this year. We have seen the teachers and admin have the joy and love of educating slowly drain away. This was a great school for DECADES. if we had it to do again we would probably have not started our youngest here. It is going the way of other city schools. All they care about is TCAP. Only bonus is that I never worry about safety...yet.

Posted September 23, 2010
I was very excited to learn about this school when I was planning our move to Memphis. I called them to ask about it & found that first priority for placement goes to teachers and other employees of the U of Memphis. So essentially this is a private school for kids of university employees at taxpayer expense. I can't put in this comment without rating so I'm keeping the 5 star rating.

Posted March 04, 2010
This is the 2nd year my daugther has attended Campus. The first year was rough because we had a teacher that was about to retire and didn't really care much about teaching. Several parents complained. I was beginning to think we had made a mistake in our choice. However, I was assured that this was not the norm for Campus and that the next year would be much better. The 2nd year has been phenomenal. We have an awesome, energetic, and ethusiatic teacher who is well organized, attentive, and responsive. I just can't say enough good things about her. The students are learning, they are engaged, and excited about coming to class. I would highly recommend this school! Sadly though, Campus, after this year, will no longer offer a 6th grade. I'd really hoped we wouldn't have to do the school search again so soon. We'll miss it!

Campus School
535 Zach Curlin, Memphis, TN  38152
Last modified Campus School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Campus School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top