Bad
Good

When I was ready to move into a new neighborhood in 2007, I was so grateful to be able to move to the Central Garden area so that he could be a part of such a great I institution. The teachers care as Well as the principal, the children are well rounded, and there are a variety of things to learn in that school. My son took classes that seemed so hard that it made me nervous, but he passed with flying colors! Central has pride and works with parents to not only make the school great, but the neighborhood as well. And I am grateful for the quality.

I am a very pleased parent of a student at Central High School. I give them 5 stars.

Central High School is the best high school in America. CHS has a good marching band, I see, and the academically wise, CHS is great. Yes, the football team isn't very good but the rest of the sports at The High School are pretty good.

My name is Ayana Reynolds, and I am a freshman at Central High School. Recently, there has been a fight that has been talked about over the news. This fight really makes Central look bad. However; if you think about it, isn't this the first time Central has been on the news for something bad? Central is a great school, and this is coming from someone who didn't want to come to Central to begin with. This school has friendly students, nice teachers, and most important of all, the best principal in the world, Mr. McCoullough. A student couldn't ask for anything more!!

I am currently a sophomore at Central High School. I went to Central last year and it is a great school. Some people might not like Central because we have over 1700 students, but Central is good in education. The prinicpal, he has everything under control. The system he has to keep Central safe is very useful. Only other thing bad about Central is the sports. The football team has a bad record of losing a lot of games. Also Central doesnt have a majorette squad and the band is not a marching band.

I am a rising junior at Central High School. I moved to Memphis from a suburb of Nashville in July 2006. Before coming to Memphis all I heard about the city was the large amount of crime and how bad the schools were. People told me to definitely stay in the county. However, after a year at Central I have found experience here to be invaluable. The rigorous academic program has been fantastic, and playing for the soccer team has given me a new appreciation for the term 'diversity'.The faculty and community urge the students toward excellence. Central will not only prepare students for college(recent graduates going to schools such as MIT and Yale), but for a life time of success as well. Above all else Central teaches students to appreciate different cultures and ideas. I recommend it to anyone coming to the Memphis area.

Last modified Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.