Bad
Good

Posted August 14, 2012
When I was ready to move into a new neighborhood in 2007, I was so grateful to be able to move to the Central Garden area so that he could be a part of such a great I institution. The teachers care as Well as the principal, the children are well rounded, and there are a variety of things to learn in that school. My son took classes that seemed so hard that it made me nervous, but he passed with flying colors! Central has pride and works with parents to not only make the school great, but the neighborhood as well. And I am grateful for the quality.

Posted September 28, 2009
I am a very pleased parent of a student at Central High School. I give them 5 stars.

Posted September 30, 2008
Central High School is the best high school in America. CHS has a good marching band, I see, and the academically wise, CHS is great. Yes, the football team isn't very good but the rest of the sports at The High School are pretty good.

Posted February 16, 2008
My name is Ayana Reynolds, and I am a freshman at Central High School. Recently, there has been a fight that has been talked about over the news. This fight really makes Central look bad. However; if you think about it, isn't this the first time Central has been on the news for something bad? Central is a great school, and this is coming from someone who didn't want to come to Central to begin with. This school has friendly students, nice teachers, and most important of all, the best principal in the world, Mr. McCoullough. A student couldn't ask for anything more!!

Posted November 26, 2007
I am currently a sophomore at Central High School. I went to Central last year and it is a great school. Some people might not like Central because we have over 1700 students, but Central is good in education. The prinicpal, he has everything under control. The system he has to keep Central safe is very useful. Only other thing bad about Central is the sports. The football team has a bad record of losing a lot of games. Also Central doesnt have a majorette squad and the band is not a marching band.

Posted June 04, 2007
I am a rising junior at Central High School. I moved to Memphis from a suburb of Nashville in July 2006. Before coming to Memphis all I heard about the city was the large amount of crime and how bad the schools were. People told me to definitely stay in the county. However, after a year at Central I have found experience here to be invaluable. The rigorous academic program has been fantastic, and playing for the soccer team has given me a new appreciation for the term 'diversity'.The faculty and community urge the students toward excellence. Central will not only prepare students for college(recent graduates going to schools such as MIT and Yale), but for a life time of success as well. Above all else Central teaches students to appreciate different cultures and ideas. I recommend it to anyone coming to the Memphis area.

Posted May 22, 2006
There's no wonder why this is called 'The High School'. This school is so diverse and the children and teachers are so well-rounded, that it's amazing. I love this school, this administration, and these teachers. The adults take a vested interest in our children and that's refreshing.

Central High School 4

Posted May 15, 2006
Central is a great school in an excellent location. Personally, the well rounded education you can receive there is untouchable. Central's counselors also prepare students for life beyond high school. My only issue is the 'school within a school' optional vs. non-optional treatment of the students. I would like to see more of the same guidance opportunities extended to every student instead of select optional students. There are students in traditional that attend college as well. Overall, Central is among the best in Memphis City Schools.

Posted June 02, 2005
I am upcoming sophmore at Central High School and I recommend it to any teen who wants to suceed in life. My freshman year was great! The teachers really do care about the students and not all about a pay check. One thing I do have to say is that Central is really more focus on academics then sports. Class of 2008!

Central High School 4

Posted June 01, 2005
I am a rising Junior at Central High and I have truly enjoyed my 2 years there. The students are sincere and most teachers truly care. The acedemics are rigorous and Central is definately 'college preparatory'. I would encourage any parent looking for a high school in Memphis to send their child to Central for a quality education. Class of 2007!

306 South Bellevue, Memphis, TN  38104
Last modified Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.