Bad
Good

I currently attend Colonial, and I'm in honors classes as well as the CAPA program, specifically Creative Writing. Despite the previous comments, I find absolutely nothing wrong with the buiding. It's beautiful. However, the teachers seem slightly careless. As a 7th grader, I can say that my Pre-Algebra and Science teachers couldn't care less if you need help in certain areas. Though I do enjoy extra curricular activities and all. Just as any other middle schooler, I do dislike my careless teachers, and I look forward to certain classes, but to be fair, I did come from a private school, so I suppose that my expectations would be higher. The students are amazing and friendly. The beginning of the year may be slightly hectic, but after everyone is settled in, it's not as bad. I will be leaving this school next year and I wouldn't neccessarily recommend the school to anyone else.

My son has been in the CAPA choir at Colonial since the 6th grade. The creative and performing arts programs are excellent. Academically, the school is has some really excellent teachers. Mr. Pettigrew is as tough and fair a principal as the MCS administration allows him to bew. Hats off to him and his team. However, I do wish there were more after school tutoring opportunities provided. One does notice, however, that for an 1100+ student school, the parent community meetings are by no means standing room only.

Colonial Middle School is a great school!!! We have tons of dances and after-school activities!!!! The teachers are great!!! Mr.Pettigrew, Ms.Payne, and Mr.Brittenum are great principals!!! Colonial is so great that I didn't want school to be over...I enjoy Colonial and I enjoy being a Colonial Patriot!!!!

My son has attened Colonial since the 6th grase, he is now going to the 8th. Colonial has been a great school. The principal is great. He is at almost every activity. The teachers are wonderful. Hats off to colonial. Thank god for the new school coming this fall.

I was a student there for 2 years. I had an excellent time there. The teachers are great and are always there to help when there is a problem.

colonial needs a lot of work. lus the rules are to strict and the teachers sometimes take thing to serious.

Colonial Middle School is a great school! The administration and faculty work extra hard for the children. They work to make Colonial a top notch education for our children. This school is just as good if not better than White Station Middle or any private school. I was thinking of sending my son who is a 6th grader to MUS but I will wait until after Middle School instead. We do need more parental involvment. I am on the Executive Committee for the PTSA and we are begging for parents to step forward and help us and the administration. I know parents help their own kids individually and they help out with the teachers and the activities their child may be involved in like band or choir but if we ALL help Colonial as a whole it could be so much better.

Colonial is a good school, but it is very unorganized, the rules are too strict and we barely get to do anything!!!

This is my daughters first year here and it has been great! We love Mr. Pettigrew and all the teachers really seem to care and my daughter has learned so much so far and it's only Dec. 1. Parents of kids living in Colonial Acres check the school out before sending them off elsewhere. There will be a brand new school finished in May 2009!

I believe that this school is a great school however, I believe that the students should respect rules and regulations. Parents should be better parents and help make the school be better.

Last modified Colonial Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.