Fairview Jr High School 5

Posted April 15, 2013
Fairview has transformed into an amazing school. When I found out that my daughter was supposed to go there this year I was scared. I had heard the rumors that it was a bad school. Luckily I toured it and talked with the faculty to find out for myself. Fairview is the best thing that could have happened to us. My daughter is getting an amazing education from teachers who actually like their job. The technology they use in the classrooms is interactive and current with the times. They have a several clubs like strings, and dance. I find the teachers are constantly thinking outside of the box to motivate the children and the kids respond to it. Forget what you have heard in the past, this is a great school. I urge you to visit yourself to see firsthand. I would like to see more of my neighbors in Cooper-Young send their kids there instead of a private school. As an added benefit they are partnered with Middle College and Christian Brother's University to help prepare children for college.

Fairview Jr High School 4

Posted June 29, 2009

Fairview Jr High School 3

Posted March 28, 2008

Fairview Jr High School 0

Posted March 01, 2008
Fairview Middle School (6-8) is a progressive educational institution. It is takes pride in the support of its PTSO and community adopters. I would give it presently a five star rating because the school is presently in good standing with the TN Dept. of Education based on benchmarks for NCLB. The school has made AYP for the last four years.

Fairview Jr High School 3

Posted September 17, 2007
- a former student

Fairview Jr High School 1

Posted October 12, 2005
Fairview jr.high students are not meeting the qualification of the school system. First, we have to start by saying they have an assistant principal who downgrades the children. She never encourages them. She only puts them down. I think some of the teachers are good teachers and the principal is fair. I am concerned about low test scores.

Fairview Jr High School 2

Posted July 17, 2004
This school accepts troubled students from other schools which was not communicated to parents. No wonder my son had extra extra challenges. This year the school is 1 of 5 schools taken over by the state because the city did a lousy job of running it. Also a few of the teachers are two sided and have friends/families associated with gangs. My son is caucasion and represents 1 - 5% of the school majority. I never understood why he would not open up and talk to me about unspoken problems, but after finding out a lot of troubled students were reassigned to this school. That in itself says a lot. The 2004 - 2005 school year should be a better one. All the teachers and staff have to reapply for their jobs. I have to give credit to Ms. McKinney, Asst. Vice Principal for last year. She had a lot of responsibility.

Fairview Jr High School
750 East Parkway South, Memphis, TN  38104
Last modified Fairview Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairview Jr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top