Memphis, TN

Posted January 07, 2014
As 2013 Graduate Of Hamilton. . My Experience at this school has been terrible. . It is not a school I would suggest going to. . They don't teach anything, they are selfish, and they are ignorant in the worst way. . I was suppose to graduate from Hamilton on May 31, 2013. . But due to the lack of information and help, I had to take a summer online class which I finished. . Hamilton waited till I finished my classes to tell me I had to take another math class. . The reason for this being is because they didn't not have have ah proper class session available during the school year. . So I attended Messick Adult High School Where I Finished My last requirement. . When I called Hamilton for my diploma, they made a false statement saying I didn't return my books. . When I asked for the book returned list they refused to pull it up. . Instead I was forced to Paye 119$ for books I already turned in to get my diploma. . Honestly I hate Hamilton. . I didn't even receive my cap and goun I paid for. . Attending Hamilton is the worst mistake I ever made. .

Posted March 03, 2011
As a graduate in 1983 HHS provided me the educational springboard to thrive and be successful in corporate America. HHS also equipped me to start a second career in my 40's in education. Based on what I have tracked about HHS over the years, it seems we need to go back to the days of Harry Cash, Oliver Johnson, and Bethel Hunt..........LOVE HAMILTON ALWAYS Class of 83 SDC

Posted September 16, 2009
Hamilton gave me all I needed to become an entrepreneur, business owner and a corporate force within my career! Go Wildcats!!!

Hamilton High School 2

Posted April 28, 2008
I attended this school and graduated in 2006. I loved my school but quite frankly, its not the best of schools to prepare one for college. It's gets worse and worse every year and the amount of effort required to transition form it to the college atmosphere is enormous. I come back and visit every year and talk to the FEW teachers that made the difference who are still there, but overall, the school has dropped significantly from its once high status among Urban high schools.

Hamilton High School 4

Posted May 23, 2007
My name is Courtney and I am a rising senior at Hamilton High School. I am now a student enrolled at Hamilton. I believe Hamilton is is a very good school. People often misjudge us because of the bad publicity we receive for the media, but there is much more to this magnificent school the just the bad things. We have great teachers who really care about the students and many after school activities that students could get into.

Posted May 04, 2007
I graduated from Hamilton back in the 80's, during an era when Hamilton was a wonderful school. However, I decided I would send my son to Hamilton last year 2006. This was one of the biggest mistakes that I could have ever made. I visited to school to bring my son something the student were cursing with no respect for elder. Just totally out of control.It seem as if the only thing that they cared about was the basketball team.Need less to say I did not enroll my son in Hamilton for the 2007 school year. He is now attending a county school and doing better.

Hamilton High School 5

Posted August 17, 2006
I am proud to say that I graduated from Hamilton High School in 2002. Hamilton High School offers highly certified teachers, advanced placement courses, and a legacy of greatness. Hamilton gave me a sense of pride for my community and prepared me for the real world. I graduated at the top of my high school class and was offered scholarships from many different universities. Once I entered college, I had the ability to compete with other students who ranked at the top of their graduating class. Hamilton High School offers different programs such as Business Professional of America, Health Occupation Students of America, ROTC, Marching Band, Cosmetology, Foreign Language, & the main academic courses such as Reading, Math, & History. Parents are very involved and support their students academicly, as well as, attend sporting events. Despite negative media attention, Hamilton is a great school and the pride of South Memphis.

Hamilton High School 4

Posted July 13, 2006
As a former student of Hamilton High School, I would highly recommend this school. At Hamilton, the students and teachers have a since of pride for the school. Students, teachers, and administrators work hard together to make it a better place. Of course the school has some bad students and some teachers that refuse to do their jobs properly, but no school is perfect. It is easy to criticize something if you are on the outside looking into the situation. For everyone that has a negative comment about this institute of higher learning, I challenge you to step up and help fix the problems that you have with Hamilton High School.

Posted May 02, 2006
My experiences at Hamilton (2003-2005) better equipped me from those of which I would have gained from the small town high school I'd previously attended for life in the college world. Though you never know what the next day may bring, their are students, teachers, and other administrators that make your learning experience one that can not be replaced. Those students that don't seem to have the same personal or educational goals in life as those that excel in academics an other outlets only add to the life of the Wildcat atmosphere. Those who endure the many obstacles and come out on top make a name for the school that truly shows that Wildcat Pride. May the teachers keep their heads up and their eyes on the future (their students). And, may the students forever show through their continuous achivements that Hamilton High is truly a place to love, Abosolutly.

Posted May 31, 2005
I attended Hamilton Jr.and High School. I have a lot of Wildcat Pride. I feel the school is headed in the right direction. i would like to say to the principal keep your head up and never forget that in order for Hamilton to continue to try and get back to the way it was it is going to take an effort by all stakeholders. To the teachers remember if you want respect you must give it, but you must first respect yourself first then and only then will you become effective educators. Do not throw your hands up in dismay try to br more innovated in your methods.

1363 East Person Avenue, Memphis, TN  38106
Last modified Hamilton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hamilton High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top