Memphis, TN

Havenview Middle School 5

Posted February 05, 2015
I love the staff and the school. Everyone is so caring and have a genuine concern for the kids. My child was also a student at the school last year. I truly feel that there will be problems with any school. However, how the problem is handled is what matters the most! Kudos to Mr. Bates and the staff!

Havenview Middle School 1

Posted May 19, 2014
Do not send your child to this school. The Admin staff has no control over these students.. As soon as you walk into the school it reminds you of a jungle The staff are constantly yelling and arguing with the children. The kids are cussing and playing in the hallways. The teachers rarely pass out homework. I can go on and on..

Posted June 02, 2009
I was very pleased with Havenview Middle, and would highly recommend it to any parent. Our son attended on an out of district transfer and was a Honors student . I found that the teachers and the administration were committed to providing a quality education for the students, and they were very accessible and responsive, via email or phone. As a parent who was very involved at HMS, I have found that parents who desired a mutually respectful partnership with the faculty and staff got just that - and the parents who weren't involved or not responsive tended to be unfairly critical and negative. HMS' leadership, Mr. Kelly and Mrs. Meeks are just phenomenal. My son was one of several 8th grade students who scored advanced on the Gateway test for Alg I - this is proof that the kids who want to learn will be taught at HMS.

Posted May 09, 2009
I honestly think that Havenview Middle should be shut down for the simple fact that, the students arent learning anything, plus most of the teachers there just give the kids good grades so that they wont have to worry about seeing them anymore. I wouldnt reccomend this school to anyone!!!!

Posted March 10, 2009
havenview is a great school with a ver good cirruculm and also a great principle. the teachers i believe try very hardbto make sure the students getbthe very best education i just believe the students need a little bit more help. this school offers a lot of amazing things clubs ,etc. but i believe if the students try harder to acheive Havenview will be more awsome than it already is andbthis is comin from a student.

Havenview Middle School 1

Posted January 25, 2009
I am very disappointed with Havenview Middle. The teachers don't seem concerned about students education. The standards for learning are lowered to make the kids feel good about their grades and parental involvement is very low. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted November 20, 2008
It's a wonderful school but a little too strict. I love the school though this is my last year and i hate that I'm leaving.

Posted August 17, 2005
Some of the teachers at Havenview show a lack of concern for their students. Some do not response to notes or phone calls from parents. The students are also behind in alot subjects- they seem to be working at levels below where they should be. There is also a mixture of 'good kids' and 'kids without any home training' in a class and the good kids are getting punished for the 'non home trained kids'. The children misbehaving should be the ones who get in trouble not everyone. There are also problems with teachers giving grades out and the parents not seeing what is being graded. The parents need to know where the grades are coming from before progress report and report card time so we can help out our children with what is troubling them. Also more parents need to get involved because some see school as babysitting.

Posted July 31, 2004
If the school had a stronger principle the school could advance more than ever before. When the leader is weak the flock can not excell. I feel that havenview has strong parents and staff members. I dont feel safe in recomending the school to anyone. I have had conversations with the principle about some concerns and he was not interested. My child could not focus in the class because of all the interruptions by fellow classmates that were repeatedly taken to the office and then sent back to the classroom only to desturb the class some more.I feel the school can improve but under a stronger leadership.

Posted September 09, 2003
I think the school has improved some, but the teachers don't seem to be concerned as much as they need to be. The students need to be encouraged more to excell in their studies.

1481 Hester Road, Memphis, TN  38116
Last modified Havenview Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Havenview Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top