Bad
Good

First day of Kindergarten the school "misplaced" my five year old.I had to leave my job to go to the school.First night of Kindergarten I open the packet and he has 9 worksheets to complete by friday.None of this material has been gone over yet but it needs to be completed by Friday.So basically I am his teacher and the kindergarten teacher is the babysitter...he may as well be home schooled...then 3 days in I go to pick him up and the teacher decides at pick up time to tell me in front of every parent and student that "We have behavior issues. He won't sit still and he is either looking up too much or down to much...she didn't have time to make it clear or respond to my questions...so I keep hearing this is one of the best schools in Memphis....maybe but he apparently didn't get the best teacher.My wife and I are very displeased with the whole thing.Gave the school rating a two based on the above mentioned statements....

We have had an amazing experience with our children at Idlewild. They have wonderful teachers and caring administration.

Idlewild is a great school. The staffs are dedicated to their students. They focus on students academics and excellence. Also, they are optional school for Science and CLUE Program for students who have exceptional learning abilities.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The grading for students are based on their individual academics performance. The staffs, principal, and teachers are professional. They treat everyone with respect.

Idlewild Elementary School is an excellent school. The staff is very friendly and interactive with the students and parents. The children get a quality education.

I love Idlewild the principle and teachers are amazing. If you want the best education for your child I recommend you send them to Idlewild.

My daughter is entering the first grade this school year and so far I am highly impressed with Idlewild Elementary. My child is reading on a second or third grade level. I loved her kindergarten teacher. She was so involved with the students and the parents. I pondered on sending my child to private school first, but I wanted to give Idlewild a try first. I am extremely satisfied with the results. I plan to keep my child there until her elementary days are over.

I'm a student at Idlewild and I love it. I've been there since kindergarden. My conduct in kindergarden wasn't so great, but the teachers helped me with that. I am currently in the fifth grade and an A and B student. Ihave a very tight bond with the teachers and principal. I am also in C.L.U.E.(creative learning in a unique environment). Those teachers are great also. The teachers at Idlewild are so amazing, I really can't say anything. I could make up a word like fantabolous! All I have to say is that you're wrong if you don't let your child or children go to Idlewild.

We moved from a private school to Idlewild, and had our pick of private schools in Memphis. We were very impressed with the quality of the students' work and the professionalism of the teachers--- it was better than comparable samples from the elite, college-prep private school our child was also accepted to. The best part is that Idlewild is free!

My son has been at this school sence second grade, he is now in the fifth grade. He had a rocky start second grade okay, third grade his first six week in miss swift class he made strait F's and one D, We both cried because i was helping as best as i could, But after that i talk to the principal, concelors and they help me to determine that my son had difficulty staying focused in classroom full of distractions. They got him in tutoring and there afterschool program and now he a average student , he makes b's and c.s.He came along way and its because if your child needs help thet will do everything they came to help you.

Last modified Idlewild Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.