Idlewild Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
Idlewild Elementary School is an excellent school. The staff is very friendly and interactive with the students and parents. The children get a quality education.

Posted January 06, 2014
I love Idlewild the principle and teachers are amazing. If you want the best education for your child I recommend you send them to Idlewild.

Posted August 02, 2011
My daughter is entering the first grade this school year and so far I am highly impressed with Idlewild Elementary. My child is reading on a second or third grade level. I loved her kindergarten teacher. She was so involved with the students and the parents. I pondered on sending my child to private school first, but I wanted to give Idlewild a try first. I am extremely satisfied with the results. I plan to keep my child there until her elementary days are over.

Posted March 15, 2011
I'm a student at Idlewild and I love it. I've been there since kindergarden. My conduct in kindergarden wasn't so great, but the teachers helped me with that. I am currently in the fifth grade and an A and B student. Ihave a very tight bond with the teachers and principal. I am also in C.L.U.E.(creative learning in a unique environment). Those teachers are great also. The teachers at Idlewild are so amazing, I really can't say anything. I could make up a word like fantabolous! All I have to say is that you're wrong if you don't let your child or children go to Idlewild.

Posted February 18, 2010
We moved from a private school to Idlewild, and had our pick of private schools in Memphis. We were very impressed with the quality of the students' work and the professionalism of the teachers--- it was better than comparable samples from the elite, college-prep private school our child was also accepted to. The best part is that Idlewild is free!

Posted January 22, 2009
My son has been at this school sence second grade, he is now in the fifth grade. He had a rocky start second grade okay, third grade his first six week in miss swift class he made strait F's and one D, We both cried because i was helping as best as i could, But after that i talk to the principal, concelors and they help me to determine that my son had difficulty staying focused in classroom full of distractions. They got him in tutoring and there afterschool program and now he a average student , he makes b's and c.s.He came along way and its because if your child needs help thet will do everything they came to help you.

Posted October 23, 2008
My three children were previously attending private schools. Once I visited Idlewild I was hooked. The teachers not only educate my children they nurture them as well taking time to offer special learning tips. Enrollment has increased but classes are still small enough for students to get individualized attention.

Posted October 03, 2008
I have two kids who walk to Idlewild. Its a great neighborhood school and the staff is excellent.

Posted October 02, 2008
I have been an Idlewild parent for 5 years. My oldest son is now is in his first year at middle school and doing extremely well. I currently have a daughter in the 5th grade and a son in 3rd grade at Idlewild. My children look forward to going to school each day. The teachers are great, the administration is responsive, and the parents are very involved. Our enrollment increased by 10 % over last year. We feel a great sense of community at Idlewild. The teachers and administration have a sincere interest in making sure that every child receives an excellent education in a safe and nurturing involvement. I am convinced now more than ever that we put our kids in Idlewild even though we do not live in the district.

Idlewild Elementary School 0

Posted October 02, 2008
I have 2 children at Idlewild and we couldn't be more happy with the school. We could well afford to send our children to private schools but have chosen to educate them at Idlewild because we believe it is better. The teachers we have had are all fabulous and there are so many extra classes that they do. Music, PE, Art, Special Art, Computer, Science are the ones I can think of. There is a great sense of community, and it is small enough for the principal to know my 3 year old son's name, but big enough to offer all of the extras. I would definitely recommend it.

Idlewild Elementary School
1950 Linden, Memphis, TN  38104
Last modified Idlewild Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Idlewild Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top