Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Idlewild elementary is a great school! My daughter goes to this school from kindergarten. The teachers here care about the success of the children and encourage them to be their best.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Mr. Thompson is a wonderful principal. He seems to really engage the students and loves his job.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My daughter's teacher uses a variation of the Montessori approach and by all accounts the children in her class do very well.

My daughter started kindergarten this past August and has absolutely thrived in the environment. The Principal (Mr. Thompson) is simply the best. My daughter's teacher is fabulous. The homework isn't "new" material, it is a review of what has been covered in class and isn't terribly onerous (unless you procrastinate and do it all the last night). The school has a good student body makeup and parents seem really involved.

First day of Kindergarten the school "misplaced" my five year old.I had to leave my job to go to the school.First night of Kindergarten I open the packet and he has 9 worksheets to complete by friday.None of this material has been gone over yet but it needs to be completed by Friday.So basically I am his teacher and the kindergarten teacher is the babysitter...he may as well be home schooled...then 3 days in I go to pick him up and the teacher decides at pick up time to tell me in front of every parent and student that "We have behavior issues. He won't sit still and he is either looking up too much or down to much...she didn't have time to make it clear or respond to my questions...so I keep hearing this is one of the best schools in Memphis....maybe but he apparently didn't get the best teacher.My wife and I are very displeased with the whole thing.Gave the school rating a two based on the above mentioned statements....

We have had an amazing experience with our children at Idlewild. They have wonderful teachers and caring administration.

Idlewild is a great school. The staffs are dedicated to their students. They focus on students academics and excellence. Also, they are optional school for Science and CLUE Program for students who have exceptional learning abilities.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The grading for students are based on their individual academics performance. The staffs, principal, and teachers are professional. They treat everyone with respect.

Idlewild Elementary School is an excellent school. The staff is very friendly and interactive with the students and parents. The children get a quality education.

I love Idlewild the principle and teachers are amazing. If you want the best education for your child I recommend you send them to Idlewild.

Last modified Idlewild Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.