Memphis, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted June 10, 2009
Excellent school to work in! Family oriented with high expectations for students, parents, and teachers. I love teaching here!

Posted July 17, 2004
All three of my children and myself have attended this school K-6 grade. I have to say since the principal Mr. Pettigrew has been there, this school has greatly evolved. He has high expectations and also attends the neighborhood meetings. You can reach him at the school office after school as well. This is usually unheard of. Most of all he solved the problem of dropping off children at school without waiting. He has school sponsors/volunteers open the door to the car for the children to get out which equals to no waiting. He is also visible from the outside of the school in the morning and afternoon. What I liked most about my daughter's teacher is that she served in the Army before becoming a teacher, so she should be able to handle most anything. Above everything else the teacher displays compassion. We also live in the district. Thanks.

Posted May 03, 2004
The community feeling at Peabody is fantastic. My child adores her teachers and has learned more than I expected this year. This tightly-knit faculty and staff give Peabody a 'small town' feeling, with the teachers knowing the children not only in their classes, but throughout the school. Parents are involved and visible, and PTA meetings and fundraisers are well-attended. The only surprise to me was in how few of the children enrolled at Peabody actually live in the neighborhood it serves.

Peabody Elementary School 4

Posted March 01, 2004
Peabody has wonderful teachers that go the extra mile. They are in it because they love what they do. Second grade teacher Mrs. Gilbreath shows patience and dedication to all of her students. My child has gone from a pre-K reading level to a 2nd gr. level within five months.

Peabody Elementary School
2086 Young, Memphis, TN  38104
Last modified Peabody Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peabody Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top