Bad
Good

Posted November 17, 2015
My child has been beaten by other students 4 times now. I have spoken to the principal, Kimberly Sanders and nothing changes. I can't change her school due to custody issues but if I could, I would in a heartbeat. The principal seems to have her own agenda and will not take another look at what is really going on in her school. She is incompetent as a human with compassion and as so called leader. I will show the school board what has happened to my child while under the special watch of this joke of a principal and make her action be known. (Lack of actions that is) My child has been hit, kicked, punched and bullied the whole time in this school. I advise not to send your children here of you really care about them.

Posted May 07, 2013
It really disturbs me to know that my child has not learned much from Ms.Uptagraph. A 3rd grade teacher who acts as if the brain of a 8-9 yr old is at the same learning pace as her 50yr old brain. I hope that she is one of the teachers who loses her job after the school merger. Remove her and replace her with someone who has more patience and doesn't mind working more with the kids who needs that extra push. She's just someone who goes to work for a paycheck!! She deserves a rotten apple for sure!!!

Raleigh- Bartlett Meadows School 4

Posted July 24, 2011
Raleigh Bartlett Meadows is a great school to attend. They have a new principal and new instructional facilities that came from RIchland and they are on the move. They have really brought excitement to the school. My child just started and I am so excited about the potential of the school. They finally have someone that wants parents to be involved.

Posted December 04, 2009
This is a school that is very reliant on what the other teachers say instead of being able to make up their on minds.What extra-curriculum activities my child has only been on one field trip per year.The curriculum is okay ,but do the teachers properly explain to the students on what their teaching.

Raleigh- Bartlett Meadows School 5

Posted April 23, 2008
I think Raleigh Barlett Meadows is a great school. I have a niece in the 5th grade she been going there since the first grade and my son attend the school as well he is in the first grade in Mrs. Dedrick class. My son know how to speak some spanish and french. He also is reading on a second grade level. He always come home telling me something different he had learn that day. I don't live in the district anymore and I will still get up a extra 20 mins to take him to school. I will be getting a transfer every year until he complete the 5th grade. And one more thing. I like that they don't go on many field trips, study first play later. RALEIGH BARTLETT MEADOWS is Awesome...

Posted January 02, 2007
This is a school without doors, walls, or windows. The classrooms are trailers for many. There is no real cultural diversity here at all. My child won't be there next year.

Raleigh- Bartlett Meadows School 5

Posted August 28, 2006
I have very fond memories of working with the fifth grade and fourth grade staff members at RBM. Both grades had wonderful team leaders. Working with both grades provided growth opportunities for me. As for the administration, I had to learn Dr. Cooper's leadership style. After the first year, I soon learned that she had responsibilities and challenges far beyond what I could ever imagine. Although I have not visited the school in seven years, I noticed on their scores that they continue to meet testing standards. RBM is a school with great potential. Teachers have many years of experience and Dr. Cooper has instructional leadership to support the school. When parents, teachers, and staff work together collaboratively, then the students will align themselves likewise. I highly recommend a schoolwide discipline plan such as student leaders who model appropriate behavior in different settings. This method is based in applied behavior analysis.

Posted November 30, 2005
My child has been at RBM since kinergarten, and I must transfer her in the first quarter of school because the teacher's and principal's response to my concerns regarding my child were not addressed with the best interest of my child in mind. The principal backs her teachers even if they are out of line. The principal's only interest is to make her school look good, even if it means ignoring a child's pertinent needs or ignoring wrong-doing or the miseducation of her teachers. It is unfortunate for the children.

Posted May 19, 2005
I was not impressed with the activities for the children. There was only 1 field trip this year for my daughter s class. When I asked her why, she stated that there was an unruly child in the class and the teacher did not want to go on field trips for this reason. Its unfortunate but I don't think that the school has the proper funding to make themselves more appealing and respected. There were some teachers that let the children use the telephone to call parents when there were no emergency. We all know how sometimes this will make a parent panic until we know all the facts. Once the facts are presented, the parent soon realized this is something that could have waited until a better time.

Raleigh- Bartlett Meadows School 2

Posted July 16, 2004
I have not been overly impressed by Raleigh Bartlett Meadows Elementary School. My biggest complaint is the organization of the school and activities. It needs work. Also, the principal is not up on her game as far as handling complaints or concerns of the parents. Needless to say, one of my two children will be attending another school this upcoming year and I am working on getting my other child into the same school. I also know of several other parents who feel the same and have since gotten their children enrolled elsewhere. Our children are our future and if do not ensure their success in school, then there is no future. Raleigh Bartlett Meadows needs to concentrate more on the children. Ms Oseman and Ms Luna are far your best assests!

Raleigh- Bartlett Meadows School
5195 Twin Woods Avenue, Memphis, TN  38134
Last modified Raleigh- Bartlett Meadows School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.