Memphis, TN

Posted May 07, 2013
It really disturbs me to know that my child has not learned much from Ms.Uptagraph. A 3rd grade teacher who acts as if the brain of a 8-9 yr old is at the same learning pace as her 50yr old brain. I hope that she is one of the teachers who loses her job after the school merger. Remove her and replace her with someone who has more patience and doesn't mind working more with the kids who needs that extra push. She's just someone who goes to work for a paycheck!! She deserves a rotten apple for sure!!!

Posted December 04, 2009
This is a school that is very reliant on what the other teachers say instead of being able to make up their on minds.What extra-curriculum activities my child has only been on one field trip per year.The curriculum is okay ,but do the teachers properly explain to the students on what their teaching.

Posted April 01, 2009

Posted April 23, 2008
I think Raleigh Barlett Meadows is a great school. I have a niece in the 5th grade she been going there since the first grade and my son attend the school as well he is in the first grade in Mrs. Dedrick class. My son know how to speak some spanish and french. He also is reading on a second grade level. He always come home telling me something different he had learn that day. I don't live in the district anymore and I will still get up a extra 20 mins to take him to school. I will be getting a transfer every year until he complete the 5th grade. And one more thing. I like that they don't go on many field trips, study first play later. RALEIGH BARTLETT MEADOWS is Awesome...

Raleigh- Bartlett Meadows School 2

Posted September 12, 2007

Posted January 02, 2007
This is a school without doors, walls, or windows. The classrooms are trailers for many. There is no real cultural diversity here at all. My child won't be there next year.

Posted August 28, 2006
I have very fond memories of working with the fifth grade and fourth grade staff members at RBM. Both grades had wonderful team leaders. Working with both grades provided growth opportunities for me. As for the administration, I had to learn Dr. Cooper's leadership style. After the first year, I soon learned that she had responsibilities and challenges far beyond what I could ever imagine. Although I have not visited the school in seven years, I noticed on their scores that they continue to meet testing standards. RBM is a school with great potential. Teachers have many years of experience and Dr. Cooper has instructional leadership to support the school. When parents, teachers, and staff work together collaboratively, then the students will align themselves likewise. I highly recommend a schoolwide discipline plan such as student leaders who model appropriate behavior in different settings. This method is based in applied behavior analysis.

Posted March 31, 2006

Posted November 30, 2005
My child has been at RBM since kinergarten, and I must transfer her in the first quarter of school because the teacher's and principal's response to my concerns regarding my child were not addressed with the best interest of my child in mind. The principal backs her teachers even if they are out of line. The principal's only interest is to make her school look good, even if it means ignoring a child's pertinent needs or ignoring wrong-doing or the miseducation of her teachers. It is unfortunate for the children.

Posted May 19, 2005
I was not impressed with the activities for the children. There was only 1 field trip this year for my daughter s class. When I asked her why, she stated that there was an unruly child in the class and the teacher did not want to go on field trips for this reason. Its unfortunate but I don't think that the school has the proper funding to make themselves more appealing and respected. There were some teachers that let the children use the telephone to call parents when there were no emergency. We all know how sometimes this will make a parent panic until we know all the facts. Once the facts are presented, the parent soon realized this is something that could have waited until a better time.

Raleigh- Bartlett Meadows School
5195 Twin Woods Av, Memphis, TN  38134
Last modified Raleigh- Bartlett Meadows School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Raleigh- Bartlett Meadows School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top