Memphis, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted December 12, 2007

Posted January 21, 2006
Three of my children have attended Ridgeway elem. I find the staff and faculty to be extemely caring and concerned about the progress of each and every child. Kudos to the new principal Mrs. Weiss has proven to a powerful force of creative vision.My biggest issue with Ridgeway is a lack of parental involement, but there is a small but strong PTO .The afterschool program at the school is wonderful. The children get tutoring as well as the chance to participate in programs such as Dance and Chess. Memphis needs more programs like Ridgeway. I feel very lucky my kids have been able to go there.

Posted September 15, 2004
Both my children have attended Ridgeway since they entered kindergarden and my oldest will gratuate to middle school this spring. I find the leadership, including Principal Clark and his teachers, to be outstanding. The staff to be hardworking and dedicated. And the parents and surrounding community are supportive and active. No school is perfect or without need of improvement in some area. The staff of Ridgeway have been open to comments and active involvement to change minor issues. I highly recommend this school and its staff. I commend them for their hard work and for being a beacon for excellence in our community.

Ridgeway/Balmoral Elementary School 0

Posted April 02, 2004
This is our fifth year to have children at this school. The principal in very courteous, kind, friendly, approachable, and caring. He tries to know each student by name. I have seen him conversing with children while they were eating lunch, helping children one-on-one with schoolwork, picking up children from a field trip in his car, going out with children to the bus to make sure they get on safely, and giving children lots of encouragement. He always expresses appreciation for volunteer work I have done at the school. I drove up one afternoon at 5:30. (School lets out at 2:15) My child had left something important at school. He was about to leave, but backed up when he saw us. He kindly let us in the school to get this item. I wish the parent who described his 'lack of interest' had seen these acts of kindness.

Ridgeway/Balmoral Elementary School 0

Posted February 06, 2004
We live in the Ridgeway school district. When our children reached school age, I contacted the school to speak with the principal to ask questions regarding the school. I never received a returned call. I attempted to contact him via e-mail through the school's website. Again, no response. I began calling neighbors to ask about this school only to find they had pulled their children from this school and moved them to another public school due to a seeming lack of interest from the principal to meet the families and children's needs. Needless to say we placed our children elsewhere and have been very happy.

Posted January 20, 2004

Ridgeway/Balmoral Elementary School
5905 Grosvenor, Memphis, TN  38119
Last modified Ridgeway/Balmoral Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgeway/Balmoral Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top