Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 05, 2016
The teachers are very involved. Parent/teacher conferences were routine, and our teacher was always willing to talk or meet if we were concerned about anything.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 05, 2016
There was homework every day. The whole week was sent home on Monda,, which was great for accommodation extracurricular activities without hindering school.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 05, 2016
The students learn in an open environment. Not having classroom walls teaches a lot of respect and consideration for other students around you.

Ridgeway/Balmoral Elementary School 5

Posted July 05, 2016
Best school ever. BRE is a diamond in the rough, here. The level of education here far exceeds the one we received while attending the best public school system in AL. The teachers and administrators were all fabulous. All volunteers undergo background checks.

Ridgeway/Balmoral Elementary School 4

Posted January 21, 2006
Three of my children have attended Ridgeway elem. I find the staff and faculty to be extemely caring and concerned about the progress of each and every child. Kudos to the new principal Mrs. Weiss has proven to a powerful force of creative vision.My biggest issue with Ridgeway is a lack of parental involement, but there is a small but strong PTO .The afterschool program at the school is wonderful. The children get tutoring as well as the chance to participate in programs such as Dance and Chess. Memphis needs more programs like Ridgeway. I feel very lucky my kids have been able to go there.

Ridgeway/Balmoral Elementary School 4

Posted September 15, 2004
Both my children have attended Ridgeway since they entered kindergarden and my oldest will gratuate to middle school this spring. I find the leadership, including Principal Clark and his teachers, to be outstanding. The staff to be hardworking and dedicated. And the parents and surrounding community are supportive and active. No school is perfect or without need of improvement in some area. The staff of Ridgeway have been open to comments and active involvement to change minor issues. I highly recommend this school and its staff. I commend them for their hard work and for being a beacon for excellence in our community.

Posted April 02, 2004
This is our fifth year to have children at this school. The principal in very courteous, kind, friendly, approachable, and caring. He tries to know each student by name. I have seen him conversing with children while they were eating lunch, helping children one-on-one with schoolwork, picking up children from a field trip in his car, going out with children to the bus to make sure they get on safely, and giving children lots of encouragement. He always expresses appreciation for volunteer work I have done at the school. I drove up one afternoon at 5:30. (School lets out at 2:15) My child had left something important at school. He was about to leave, but backed up when he saw us. He kindly let us in the school to get this item. I wish the parent who described his 'lack of interest' had seen these acts of kindness.

Posted February 06, 2004
We live in the Ridgeway school district. When our children reached school age, I contacted the school to speak with the principal to ask questions regarding the school. I never received a returned call. I attempted to contact him via e-mail through the school's website. Again, no response. I began calling neighbors to ask about this school only to find they had pulled their children from this school and moved them to another public school due to a seeming lack of interest from the principal to meet the families and children's needs. Needless to say we placed our children elsewhere and have been very happy.

5905 Grosvenor, Memphis, TN  38119
Last modified Ridgeway/Balmoral Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.