Memphis, TN
Students enrolled: 1,219

Posted August 09, 2015
It's a great school. Went there all 4 years of my high school years. I love this school. Administration is great. The principle and administration knows how to run the school and how to plan fun activities for the students.

Posted July 22, 2014
I am currently going to the 9th grade, and want to attend Ridgeway High School! However my parents do not know what I need for registration. Please Help!

Ridgeway High School 4

Posted December 30, 2011
I am in the 8th grade and my parents are leaning on putting me in ridgeway and i would like for somebody to really give me a description of the school the academics and the students.Please!!!!! Also please excuse my rating..

Ridgeway High School 2

Posted August 28, 2011
Ridgeway High School sucks. I am an AP/IB student, and I feel as if they are treated quite unfairly. Honors students are given piles of summer homework, and the standard students have none. Tests for difficult subjects are given on the first day of class, and books are given to the Honors/IB students BEFORE lockers are issued. There are three flights of stairs, and carrying heavy books is really painful. When issues are discussed with admin, the problems are simply brushed off. I suggest going to a much more student friendly school. Also, the peers are very disruptive and unruly. That might be common, however sometimes enough is enough. Think twice about going to Ridgeway.

Ridgeway High School 1

Posted April 08, 2008
rood kids, and behavior. when I went there I was tormented. I had to go there i was educationally put in the wrong class, and student were untamable. also disruptive.

Posted February 27, 2008
Ridgeway High School is a great school, academically speaking, and has great teachers. However, they have apartment complexes right outside of the school so there are some overcrowding problems. Also, there are few 'misguided' individuals at this school (i.e: gangs, drugs, pranksters... etc.) but overall the people there are cool. The teachers here are very well qualified for the job and we have an outstanding band director (Mr. Chris Piecuch), choir director (Dr. Jeff Brewer), orchestra conductor (Ms. Karla Phillips), drama/creative writing teacher (Ms. Julie Watson) and art teacher. If your child is very active in sports (especially lacrosse or basketball) or the fine arts, or is an overall great student, Ridgeway is the school to look at. I hope that the media does not curve your view of our school, because it is indeed one of the finest Memphis City Schools.

Posted September 29, 2007
RHS is a great school academics wise.In other prospect the school is get worst. Sports u can get recognized if u are a favor. Play the player because of thier skills. Not because of your grade level. I wish yall the best this year.

Posted September 21, 2007
This was an excellent school, but there have been recent changes in the faculty, staff, and students. RHS was once the best schools in the city, period. Although it's declining slowly, it's still the best public school in the city with the highest graduation and attendance rates. This school also has the best choirs in West Tennessee. If you really want to hear a choir, stop by Ridgeway and see Dr. Brewer and the Choirs.

Posted June 09, 2007
I love tihs school. My child learns so much there. And the staff are great

Ridgeway High School 3

Posted May 28, 2007
Well i have gone to Ridgeway for 3 years now and each year it is getting worse. Mr Long has messed up alot of the traditions that the students have and the teachers have. It is a great school for acadamics. The teachers are all involved in helping if you ask for help.

2009 Ridgeway Road, Memphis, TN  38119
Last modified Ridgeway High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgeway High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top