Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 05, 2016
The school has several programs to develop honesty, integrity and fairness in its students. Students are encouraged daily by teachers, administrators, and other students. In addition, programs such as "Caught You" and the school ambassadors encourage students to strive for exemplary character.

Posted January 05, 2016
This school is a wonderful! My children have flourished since attending SGE. The teachers and administration are wonderful! The principal knows each students and takes time to get to know families. The teachers welcome parent support and work closely with parents to ensure that all students' needs are being met. I am so excited my children are attending Shady Grove!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted December 21, 2015
The school has inculcated a deep sense of self respect in my son which I feel grows into respect for others.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 21, 2015
The principal & class teachers recognized his talents, motivated him & made him feel as he says ' I feel like I am someone'

Posted December 21, 2015
My son has been here for 3 years since KG. The principal & teachers work very well for the overall development of the students. My son is above average; the principal & teachers have taken extra effort to give him work at par with his capabilities as in assigning homework of higher grades. The CLUE gifted children program is an added pro for the school. Any disciplinary issues whether in the school or bus have been dealt with promptly by the staff. We as parents are very happy and satisfied with the school, esp. the way Ms. Schnacke, the principal is like omnipresent & aware of everything. I would hate to move to another school zone.

Shady Grove Elementary School 4

Posted July 25, 2013
Shady Grove used to deserve a 2 rating, but not anymore. The current principal has worked very hard to improve the atmosphere and culture of SGE. I have had 5 children there, and all have had overwhelmingly positive experiences. We came from a school rated a 10, so my expectations were rather low, but we have been pleasantly surprised. The faculty work well together to improve and support each child's academic and social growth. They emphasize good behavior and good attitudes. The teachers are communicative and listen to parental concerns. I have been welcome to attend class with my children when I felt they needed my presence to improve their performance. The guidance counselor and resource faculty are stellar! SGE really deserves a much better rating.

Shady Grove Elementary School 4

Posted October 19, 2010
Teachers, Principal, and staff really do work together as a team for my child's special educational needs. Due to privacy laws, the public school setting makes it more difficult to meet other parents than in a private school. My child really likes the aftercare program. Go Eagles!!

Posted March 25, 2010
Great school. Both my children are a product of this school. I recommend it often to people looking for a great school for their children

Posted April 09, 2009
I have been a parent at Shady Grove for 5 years, and have 2 children enrolled in the school. I will do everything I can to keep my children at the school. I have been so pleased with all of the teachers and staff. They are willing to do anything to help your child succeed. They are very invovled in all of the schools' activitives, anything to make going there a great learning and fun adventure.

Posted December 03, 2007
My daughter has special needs and she is finally getting the help she needs to help her progress past a stage she has been stuck in for some time now. She is being given the attention and help she desperately needed. They were an answer to prayer for sure!

5360 Shady Grove Road, Memphis, TN  38120
Last modified Shady Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.