Shady Grove Elementary School 4

Posted July 25, 2013
Shady Grove used to deserve a 2 rating, but not anymore. The current principal has worked very hard to improve the atmosphere and culture of SGE. I have had 5 children there, and all have had overwhelmingly positive experiences. We came from a school rated a 10, so my expectations were rather low, but we have been pleasantly surprised. The faculty work well together to improve and support each child's academic and social growth. They emphasize good behavior and good attitudes. The teachers are communicative and listen to parental concerns. I have been welcome to attend class with my children when I felt they needed my presence to improve their performance. The guidance counselor and resource faculty are stellar! SGE really deserves a much better rating.

Shady Grove Elementary School 4

Posted October 19, 2010
Teachers, Principal, and staff really do work together as a team for my child's special educational needs. Due to privacy laws, the public school setting makes it more difficult to meet other parents than in a private school. My child really likes the aftercare program. Go Eagles!!

Shady Grove Elementary School 0

Posted March 25, 2010
Great school. Both my children are a product of this school. I recommend it often to people looking for a great school for their children

Posted June 08, 2009

Shady Grove Elementary School 5

Posted April 09, 2009
I have been a parent at Shady Grove for 5 years, and have 2 children enrolled in the school. I will do everything I can to keep my children at the school. I have been so pleased with all of the teachers and staff. They are willing to do anything to help your child succeed. They are very invovled in all of the schools' activitives, anything to make going there a great learning and fun adventure.

Shady Grove Elementary School 0

Posted December 03, 2007
My daughter has special needs and she is finally getting the help she needs to help her progress past a stage she has been stuck in for some time now. She is being given the attention and help she desperately needed. They were an answer to prayer for sure!

Posted September 12, 2007
Specific overall complaints; The staff is unconcerned about bullies hitting other students. The teachers do not baseline test students using conventional and accepted testing methods as recommended by the state of TN. The teachers do not want parent involvement in the school except for fundraising activities.

Posted September 11, 2007

Shady Grove Elementary School 2

Posted June 05, 2007

Posted February 27, 2007
Now I have 2 children in this God for saken school. Last year was unbearable. My oldest son needed modifications in order to succeed and the administration just ignored the needs of my child. All year I hounded the guidance counselor to fill out the forms or did she get them yet. And every time it was always the same excuse. 'I don't have them yet maybe tomorrow.' If I knew then what I know now about Special Education and IDEA they would have been in hot water. This year the teachers are bullies. If you have a child with any disability rethink your decision on sending them to this school. There are only a handful of teachers that care about education the rest are only there for a check. Watch out on IEP meetings this school loves to do things half way. My children hate this school and I agree. Beware!

Shady Grove Elementary School
5360 Shady Grove Rd, Memphis, TN  38120
Last modified Shady Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shady Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top