Posted April 08, 2014
Snowden is a wonderful community driven school. It is the best in midtown. They have a great academic program as well as highly respected musical and artistic offerings.

Posted April 08, 2014
Snowden is an amazing school. It has so much to offer to all children. Every teacher works extremely hard to meet the needs of all students. My child is in one of the inclusion classes. At first I was worried that my child wouldn't get what they needed but I was so wrong. My child is thriving in that classroom! I know that she is a better person now and she has learned many skills necessary for growing up in a diverse culture. Her teacher has done a wonderful job creating a community in the classroom. My daughter is always excited to go to school!

Posted April 08, 2014
Snowden is our wonderful neighborhood school. Everything about it feels like a family. Academics are as important as music, the arts, and culture. Mr. Thompson, the principal, is the kindest, most approachable & hard-working person we've encountered. Snowden has a great community of parents and grandparents, neighbors, and alum who love to support this school. We could not be happier with this sweet school.

Posted April 02, 2014
Snowden is the school of choice. My children and now their children attend. Great teachers and programs. Way to go!!

Snowden School 4

Posted February 14, 2014
Snowden is a good school. This is our first year there but we like it. The principal, Mr. Thompson, is one of the best. He is always visible and is active in the entire day. I see him almost every morning outside with the kids when I take my kids to school. His staff is good also. They are on top of things. You can stop him and talk to him at anytime about any of your concerns. The students know that he is always around. He will respond to your emails and calls. We made a good choice in choosing Snowden. We have 3 kids at Snowden and they love it. My 6th grader has made some friends. The school does not tolerate bullying and I really like that. The signs that say "No bullying" are all over the campus and they constantly have no-bullying rallys. The Clue program is awesome and the clue teacher Mrs. Bergman is one of the best that we've ever seen. My kids are enjoying it. The only thing that I would like to see is a larger cafeteria or 2 cafeterias. Snowden is a large school and it's difficult to feed PK - 8th grade in one cafeteria. There is plenty of parent involvement too which is great.

Posted January 29, 2013
I was a student at Snowden from grade 1-7. I have very fond memories of it. The teachers are dedicated, and for the most part I really enjoyed it. The only problems I remembered affecting the student was the lack of funding. I am in 10th grade at a middle tn school and its shocking how much extra cash these schools have to blow on big tvs for every room in the school, yet memphis city schools are struggling to get by. I will always love Snowden School, and If I ever live in memphis again thats where my kids will be going.

Posted October 28, 2012
Snowden is such an amazing school. The faculty truly go above and beyond in their efforts to provide top quality education to a diverse population. There's not a private school in Memphis that I'd choose over our neighborhood public school.

Snowden School 4

Posted February 13, 2012
I am currently a student at Snowden, planning to go to Central next year. I have been at Snowden all of my life, and while I am quite tired of it now, I think it has been a wonderful 9 years. I met many new people of different races, religions, and backgrounds, while still learning and having fun.

Posted March 20, 2011
This diverse staff prepares children for the standardized test and for life. The school's philosophy appears to be to prepare the child for the path, not the vice versa. Some communities may have the luxury of coddling and acting as buffers for their young ones. In Memphis, we do not. Work hard. Get organized. No excuses. Form bonds with your peers and your teachers. Real strategies for the real world. My daughter is a product of the Memphis City School (Snowden and Central) and she scored 5's on all AP exams and 29 on ACT as sophomore, and we are not brainiacs. I'm telling you. Work hard. Get organized. No excuses. It works.

Posted February 02, 2011
Supperior Job At This School Clean Neat And Well Preparied I Loved Snowden Band Witch I Was In The Mighty Sound Of Midtown Supperior Job At Your Preformces..GO Snowden School Green Dawgs

Snowden School
1870 North Pkwy, Memphis, TN  38112
Last modified Snowden School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Snowden School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 61 reviews.