No rating

Treadwell Middle/High School

Public | 7-12

Student diversity

Posted April 28, 2006

There is much needed improvement at Treadwell High School. If we had more parent involvement,I think it will make the teachers as well as the students job easier. The quality of education at Treadwell is not what it use to be. Grant it, there are still a few quality teachers left at Treadwell High. I do understand with such a terrible discipline problem at Treadwell it so hard for the teachers to teach. I have been there to visit with my daughters teachers, and wonder how can they teach with so many distractions. The biggest problems I see with the school at this point is, discipline and parental involvement.

Posted January 10, 2006

I think that treadwell could be a better school If they would have more control over the students.

Posted November 15, 2004

I think that Treadwell High school is a very high exspected school. Even this is my first year at Treadwell it sems that Treawell really has high exspectation esspeically from the honor's student.
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 4, 2004

Treadwell having a lack of parent involvement is an understatement. My child has been attending this school for 3 years and never once have I seen any PTA flyers of heard of Treadwell's PTA group. There are some really good teachers like Mr.Nabors, Mrs. Booker, Coach Kendall and Mrs. Peeples but there are also some that I really think could care less. Treadwell needs some work but it's going to effort from parents, students, and the teachers. Eunice M. Lockett mother of Micole Lockett

Posted September 9, 2003

Well, I am a senior at Tredwell High. Our test scores are real low. We are also on probation. In my opinion, we have low standards. We really just don't have any parenting help.

Posted August 10, 2003

Treadwell High hasn't been in good standings for a while. I am very dissappointed with the discipline as well as the lack of parent/teacher involvement. I believe that children, no matter how old, should be disciplined and not let to slide on various issues. I also believe that there isn't enough parents participating at Treadwell. There are no PTA meetings or parent/teacher meetings in general.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted July 5, 2003

I Jo Ann Robinson has been active in both my children education @ Treadwell High and Elementary Schools...There is certainly room for improvement....The quality of some teachers are poor when it come to education....I could name a couple, but I will not do that @ this time...I feel since I am an active parent in my childs education the teachers are definitly more responsive...He is now a junior and I will continue to be active until the final graduation which is in 2005...I do feel Treadwell is one of the better schools compared to a lot of Memphis City Schools....I am certainly concerned and willing to do whatever it takes so that my children can have a deasant education...Thank you, Jo Ann Robinson

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

920 North Highland