Posted February 12, 2014
This is my son's first year at WSE as a 2nd grader. Nothing praise about the teachers and the Principle here. My son enjoys learning looks forward to coming to school each day. The teachers are incredible!! One of the best Elementary schools in Memphis.

Posted September 17, 2013
We have been at WSE for 3 years now & love, love, love it! The faculty and staff are fantastic. They care not only about the education of the children but also work closely with parents to help develop the whole child. WSE should be a model school for our city.

Posted August 09, 2013
We love White Station! Transferred so our sons could attend. Great administration, amazing teachers and very involved PTO. Couldn't be happier!

Posted August 09, 2013
My family and I love this school. We were transferred here and the community and faculty are all great. They truly care for the school and all the students. I can see that my kids truly enjoy the teachers also. Which as parent is the most important part. Also, the principal is very friendly and cares for each student to succeed.

Posted August 09, 2013
WSE has great teachers, administrators, and staff. The PTO does an outstanding job as well. The teachers really care about their students' well-being and success. My children have had a very positive experience in the three years that they have attended. The only thing that I would change is the lunchroom policy. While I agree that the students should not get too loud and crazy, I do think that they should have a little more freedom to talk amongst themselves during lunch.

Posted August 09, 2013
I would rank White Station in the top 5 for elementary schools in Shelby County - public or private. The principal "gets it"; she is in the hallways every day, and is always available should a sit-down discussion be warranted to resolve an issue. The teacher are stellar and truly care about their students, not just TCAP scores. Highly, highly recommended. My child attends on a transfer, and I will be doing everything in my power to keep her in White Station schools through graduation!

Posted August 09, 2013
White Station Elementary is AWESOME!...AMAZING principal who goes above and beyond....caring teachers who provide an awesome learning environment...you drop your kids off knowing that they are in excellent hands....the school not only cares about providing an education but also making sure the children act respectfully...and there are rewarding activities throughout the year which keeps the learning fun...can't say enough about this school!

Posted August 04, 2013
My family has been beyond pleased with WSE!! The principal (Ms. Thomas) is fabulous and we have loved every teacher my kids have had! I'm a volunteer every week and the staff is great. Only complaint is the lunchroom- that dang noise detector light drives me crazy! :0) LOVE WSE!!!

Posted March 19, 2012
I Love WSE and so does my son. If I complained about one thing it would be NO TALKING in the lunch room, if you can't talk there where are you supposed to talk to your friends???

White Station Elementary School 2

Posted January 07, 2012
Consistency is a big problem in this school. Some teachers are superb, many are well below average. I agree with other comments citing the sterile environment and poor administration. The principal is very "hands off" and is not warm or friendly to parents or students. Many children receive special education services and those children are treated with respect thanks to an excellent guidance team. However the school has no concern for their gifted kids and the CLUE teacher actually suggested we move our child to a different school. I recommend this school for special education students and do NOT recommend it for anyone else. The administrators need to adhere to the law for all students not just the special ed students.

White Station Elementary School
4840 Chickasaw, Memphis, TN  38117
Last modified White Station Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
White Station Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.