Memphis, TN

Willow Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted January 22, 2015
I HAVE 3 KIDS THAT WENT TO WILLOW OAKS AND IT WAS SO AMAZING AS WE STARTED BUT KNOW THE TEACHERS THERE ARE VERY NEGATIVE THE PRINCIPAL IS VERY nonchalant ABOUT YOUR CONCERNS ABOUT YOUR CHILD AND SOME OF THESE WILLOW OAKS TEACHERS BEHAVIOR ARE SO HARSH AND HOW THEY TALK TO THE STUDENTS ARE BECOMING A COMMON PROBLEM AND THE PARENTS OF THE SCHOOL HAVE ALL STARTED TO TAKE A STAND ON THEIR BEHAVIOR!! OVERALL A VERY FEW TEACHERS THERE ARE WONDERFUL AND LOVE TEACHING AND OTHERS ARE THERE FOR A CHECK!! DO YOUR SCHOOL RESEARCH ON ANY SCHOOL BEFORE YOU PUT YOUR CHILD IN IT!! Optional isn't always the best

Willow Oaks Elementary School 5

Posted May 16, 2013
Willow Oaks is one hidden treasure in the Memphis City School System. I have a student in pre-k and he has had a wonderful year, wonderful teachers. The school is organized and the teachers are professional. From the Principal on down to the last person on the janitor's list they are in order at this school Students are treated with respect, therefore, they give respect. The pre-k children are way ahead of the current requirements to enter Kindergarten. Willow Oaks offers optional classes as well. I Love Willow Oaks!

Posted May 04, 2010
My son has been at Willow Oaks for four years. It is really a great school. 3rd grade was hard for him but, his grades and reading scores have improved with the help of the staff at Willow Oaks. He jumped up a whole grade level in 6 months (in reading).

Posted January 15, 2008
i like willow to but some teachers to harsh . i really enjoy it

Posted September 16, 2007
i like willow is a great school, some teachers are great.

Willow Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted June 29, 2006
I Think that Willow Oaks is a good school. My two girls started attending there in the middle of the year.The teachers and the administration are very serious about attendance and tardies.I think that that is excellant.The teachers are very excited and serious about teaching and students learning. I too share how they feel about learning, However i think children need to be children too. This school hardly let the kids out for recess. They don't have very many extra curricular activites after school nor do they take the children on many educational school outings. They are very strict on the kids about talking in the lunch room. I remember lunch time being the time to interact with your fellow classmates. If the school could improve on these things it would better for the children to see that school is important,but having a little enjoyment out of it is too.

Willow Oaks Elementary School 5

Posted July 23, 2005
I have a son that attends this school. I love the staff and they all do a great job. School is a place to learn and I send my child to learn and not play and talk all day. When my son started there I thought he wasn't ready , he proved me wrong now he's going to first grade optional. This is absolutely a great place to send your child to learn. Parents are encouraged to visit regular and they love to see parent involvement. The staff knew me by face and my child by name because of my regular visits. Perfect place to learn.

Willow Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted September 15, 2004
This is a good school, that will start any student off on the road to discipline and structure. All the teachers at Willow Oaks, are very nice and love the children, but they do expect the children to follow rules, and respect each other. I do wish they would allow the kids to be children more than they do, it does seem odd that they don't let them talk at lunch time, but coming from an involved parent, they are allowed to talk, at lunch, but if it gets to loud, they will have a no talk day at lunch, but this is not the only school that does that. I would send my children to Willow Oaks again.

Willow Oaks Elementary School 3

Posted July 20, 2004
I was not happy with this school because I now have a daughter that does not like school because of the way things were done there. I understand that you must teach the kids but there is hardly any playtime. And sometimes they can't even talk to each other on their lunch time they are not allowed to speak. I just think that it is all about work and no play. Even holiday parties are no fun what so ever. There is a time to work I agree but sometimes we need to live a little for our minds to to rest.

4417 Willow Road, Memphis, TN  38117
Last modified Willow Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willow Oaks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top