Memphis, TN
Students enrolled: 1,292

Posted June 09, 2014
My son just finished 7th grade at WSMS. We could not have been more pleased with the teachers, fellow students, and administration. This is a wonderful school.

Posted April 20, 2014
Our daughter is completing sixth grade in the Optional Program (advanced) and we could not be happier. She is also in CLUE (Creative Learning in a Unique Environment) class. The pace is fast, but many of the teachers are caring and available for tutoring during lunch and after school if the children need extra instruction or clarification. They email the parents and students all the upcoming assignments a week ahead of time, so it's easy to get a head start on homework if there is a conflict with an extra curricular activity. Parents are highly involved with the school. Great diversity at this school. In addition to the optional program for advanced students (must test in to be accepted), there is also a traditional program and a "district plus" program for those students living in district who did not test into optional but desire somewhat more of a challenging workload. I have been very impressed with the dedication of most of the teachers. My daughter is thriving at this school.

White Station Middle School 4

Posted February 08, 2014
This is the best school in memphis tn I am a 6th grader here and everyone is nice to each other nice teachers nice community fun place to learn and there number 1 goal is to educate with success great place love it. When I leave this place one day I think i am going to cry.

Posted October 15, 2013
I am a 7th grade student at WSMS, and I love the school!! There are many activities/sports to get involved in, and the students are really nice. As a student, I know that the work is hard. This is only because the teachers want to teach the students everything they need to know.

White Station Middle School 1

Posted September 19, 2013
This is my first year at wsms I am very unhappy with the results that I received from a HIP teacher this year. For those of you that don't know hip is hearing impaired. This teacher went as far well to far .She embarrassed my child in class saying he smelled so bad that it made her throw up. My son did not want to return to this school but it is the only one in the school district. Personally I think she should be barred from teaching. To this day she has yet to apologize to me and my son. if she would go this far with a disabled child who know how far she will go.I thank god that my child is able to communicate to me other wise you will never Know. PEOPLE PLEASE IF YOU HAVE A HIP CHILD I ENCOURAGE YOU TO TALK TO YOUR CHILD DAILY TO KEEP THEM SAFE!!!!

Posted September 13, 2013
For the record, my students are such great writers that they sound like adults. I don't know a teacher who has time to try and post fake stuff on this site.

White Station Middle School 2

Posted August 09, 2013
I love WSMS! I am new to the school and I also feel left out. I wish the teachers would stop yelling at the students and I also wish they wold really get to know the students.

White Station Middle School 4

Posted May 18, 2012
Instead of criticizing why don"t you tell us what you know about White Station Middle School? what is it that bothers you about it?

White Station Middle School 1

Posted April 27, 2012
Im sorry, but I am amazed by so many of the comments made on this board that claim to be from students at this school. Just by reading them, I can tell they are written by middle school students, but by adults, maybe teachers or administrators who work at this school. These comments are written in the style and tone of an adult not a young teenager. Its a shame these writers can not let the school stand on its own merits, let the truth out there. Every school can not be 100% perfect, the students can not be watched 100% of the time and there will be students who will fly under the radar and avoid getting caught after bad behavior. There will be bad apples and they will know how to hide their bullying activities and have cohorts who will stick up for them, as they deny they did not do something...

Posted February 05, 2012
I am a seventh grader at WSMS. I am in the optional program, and I believe that WSMS is an AMAZING SCHOOL. All of the teachers are outstanding, everything is ALWAYS organized, and the students are all very friendly and nice. There are rarely any fights, Mr. Page, an OUTSTANDING principle, makes sure of that. They have many clubs you can join. Some people say in here that the kids are all very snobby and so-and-so, but I am here to assure that very rarely do you meet kids who talk about how rich and such they are. I, for instance, am NOT like that, and I have a lot of friends that aren't, too. Another thing. WSMS doesn't have "cliques". Of course, they have the populars, and the weird kids, as all middle schools do, but everyone is very friendly and open. It will be VERY hard to NOT make a friend here, everyone is so kind. You would LOVE this school, just like I do!

White Station Middle School
5465 Mason Rd, Memphis, TN  38120
Last modified White Station Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
White Station Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top