Bad
Good

Some teachers are not available at times and students are always being made fun of

This school is really great if your child is exceptionally talented, if you are fine with paying for tutors to supplement classroom instruction and if you can accept the fact that any concerns you have with a teacher will be ignored. I would say that about half of the teachers at this school are really stellar, the rest are *rated* as such but that is mostly because they benefit from the absolutely rabid helicopter parenting. Because so many parents do their kids homework/projects for them and/or hire private tutors when instruction is poor, there is a great deal of substandard teaching that is masked and would never be revealed through test scores. This school is all about numbers and readying kids for standardized testing. Kids do not become thinkers here, they become robots. My kids had a wonderful elementary school experience and their love of learning was promptly squashed when they entered this linoleum sweatshop. Don't believe the hype. The only thing that this school has over Snowden or STEAM is a public relations machine.

Haven't had any good responses with the middle school. No one ever wants to return phone calls or even help with problems. Even the parent liaison won't return calls. And that is what our taxes pay them to do. The after school program is worthless. The tutoring for my daughter doesn't do any good. The after care director doesn't encourage the kids to do anything they don't want to.... Including homework. She always has her special kids. Like that she let's do whatever. None of my calls to the school officials were ever returned, except for the assistant 8th grade principal. I have to write a letter and tell them what day and time I was going to be there for a meeting and that everyone needs to be there. That is how I was able to get my meeting and then the principal didn't like anything I said. My opinions of all the public schools is that they suck. There are a select few that rate well according to scores and I am not sure how they really are, but my kids are suppose to be in some of the best schools and they suck.

My son just finished 7th grade at WSMS. We could not have been more pleased with the teachers, fellow students, and administration. This is a wonderful school.

Our daughter is completing sixth grade in the Optional Program (advanced) and we could not be happier. She is also in CLUE (Creative Learning in a Unique Environment) class. The pace is fast, but many of the teachers are caring and available for tutoring during lunch and after school if the children need extra instruction or clarification. They email the parents and students all the upcoming assignments a week ahead of time, so it's easy to get a head start on homework if there is a conflict with an extra curricular activity. Parents are highly involved with the school. Great diversity at this school. In addition to the optional program for advanced students (must test in to be accepted), there is also a traditional program and a "district plus" program for those students living in district who did not test into optional but desire somewhat more of a challenging workload. I have been very impressed with the dedication of most of the teachers. My daughter is thriving at this school.

This is the best school in memphis tn I am a 6th grader here and everyone is nice to each other nice teachers nice community fun place to learn and there number 1 goal is to educate with success great place love it. When I leave this place one day I think i am going to cry.

I am a 7th grade student at WSMS, and I love the school!! There are many activities/sports to get involved in, and the students are really nice. As a student, I know that the work is hard. This is only because the teachers want to teach the students everything they need to know.

This is my first year at wsms I am very unhappy with the results that I received from a HIP teacher this year. For those of you that don't know hip is hearing impaired. This teacher went as far well to far .She embarrassed my child in class saying he smelled so bad that it made her throw up. My son did not want to return to this school but it is the only one in the school district. Personally I think she should be barred from teaching. To this day she has yet to apologize to me and my son. if she would go this far with a disabled child who know how far she will go.I thank god that my child is able to communicate to me other wise you will never Know. PEOPLE PLEASE IF YOU HAVE A HIP CHILD I ENCOURAGE YOU TO TALK TO YOUR CHILD DAILY TO KEEP THEM SAFE!!!!

For the record, my students are such great writers that they sound like adults. I don't know a teacher who has time to try and post fake stuff on this site.

I love WSMS! I am new to the school and I also feel left out. I wish the teachers would stop yelling at the students and I also wish they wold really get to know the students.

Last modified White Station Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.