Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Do not know as none were introduced to us. A team of 15 year olds were the interviews.

Amount of homework: no rating

But they make them stay after school and go on Saturday, sounds like they are trying to be KIPP.

Develops character: Neutral

NO way to gage this from my contact with the students I met. Was only there for a short time.

Amount of homework: Disagree

This school effectively lengthens the school year by requiring students to complete assignments specifically designed for their breaks. Not much of a break for these kids when the school loads then up with work.

Develops character: Neutral

If the students learn these lessons of integrity, it is DESPITE the incompetent administration at this school, which models the antithesis of integrity.

This is a terrific program; one that is, unfortunately, hamstrung by incompetent school administrators. We have had a terrible experience because school administrators arbitrarily punished our son, who was/is innocent, refusing even to hear exculpatory evidence. If we ignore all the evidence that could demonstrate someone's innocence, then we are all guilty, of everything. Administrators have almost no commitment to the arts, as evidenced by few offerings, where even those offerings are available on an inconsistent basis. I am a teacher and a lay pastor, just so you know that I'm not just someone carelessly shooting off at the mouth.

MCHS is definitely a school for academically focused students. While I know that this is a great school, I feel that the disciplinary actions taking by administrators are a bit to much. At the current MCHS, If a student does not complete his/her not only will they receive a 0/F for the assignment. They could also receive a detention and/or an infraction. To me this is like double or triple punishment for one action. When I think of this policy, I think of 1=2. The 1 represents the action taken by the student and the 2 represents the consequence given ( either good or bad). Excluding that, MCHS is a great small school.

MCHS is indeed the greatest high school in the city of Memphis, hand down! Mrs. Michelle Brantley-Patterson (pricipal) & Mrs. Rhonda Black ( asst. principal) make the greatest team of high school administrators. I love the dedication that I see in the staff and faculty. I have one daughter who has graduated from there and two sons who still attend and they have done a great job in preparing my kids for college and endeavors beyond. Long after my kids hsall have left MCHS, I will continue to be a supporting source for this school. I highly recommend it. Minister Odis L. Jones, Sr.

Last modified Middle College High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.