Bad
Good

they the best great good smart for our kids. keeps them quick. thats y they are great.

Memphis isnt known for smart kids but this school says it all I am a student here and u can not come here with anything so I will try to give you information about the school we are one of a kind and with students who know their stuff

Great school! Caring teachers. Monica Smith is a superb principal and runs a well organized school. We are pleased! Well kept secret!

We feel we couldn't have made a better choice for our student than to attend JPF kindergarden program. The teachers are focues, prepared and in the business to teach (not just to get a paycheck). Looking forward to 1st grade!

This school is one of the best schools by far in Memphis Tn. I would refer someone to John P Freeman Optional School. They prepare you with great leadership and excellent priciple. Go J. P. Freeman!!!!

This is a school with high expectations in academics as well as discipline. Thinking about allowing your child to attend this school is the best choice you will make with your child's education.

This school is OK. The lunch could be WAAAAY better, and there could be more of a variety of extracurricular ativities. Although this site says that we have dance and tennis, we don't. We used to have tennis but I think the teacher quit,and of my 4 years there they haven't had dance. And to end this I think that the principal is MEAN, but knows what she is doing(sometimes).

This is a good school. I love attending it. We have a good principal. And good teachers that work hard to keep us active. My favorite subject is science because i love trying new things.

my child attends this school after transferring from another district in Tennessee. I must admit that I have been impressed by the caring and concern the teachers and administration have displayed. This school is truly a standout in Memphis City Schools.

My daughter has attended J.P.Freeman Optional School for three years and we love it. The administration and faculty are professional and highly qualified and the curriculum is taught at an advance level. My daughter feels safe at this school and is learning at a higher level. All students 6th - 8th grade are either in the band or orchestra. The school offers many extracurricular activities and has a championship chess team. Parents are very involved at the school and are made to feel welcomed.

Last modified John P. Freeman Optional School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.