Memphis, TN

Posted June 22, 2014
My two sons have been attending Keystone since Kindergarten. I'm so grateful for all the wonderful teachers especially Mrs. Carter in the optional program. She demands excellence from her students and also prepares them for their next grade's level. I've seen so much progress in my son. He's able to do his homework by himself most of the time and even helps his brother. Mrs. Underwood was also really patient and dedicated with my other son. I also love their special environment's program. Thank you so much for all your hard work. God bless you. Michele Mifsud-Avery

Keystone Elementary School 1

Posted April 02, 2011
Keystone used to be a wonderful school but now it is awful! The former principal Mrs. Jensen was very polite and caring. The new principal is very rude and is not concern about the students only the school image. I would NOT reccomend this school at all. My child was harrassed, humiliated,teased and abused by her teacher, the principal and staff members.

Keystone Elementary School 4

Posted January 31, 2009
I have two children that attended Keystone from 1996-2006. They received the best foundation that a public school could possibly offer. Of course, there was reinforcement at home. They were well prepared for middle school and excelled on standardized tests. There was only one incident of a substandard teacher/educator but we endured. This almost caused an academic and social disaster with my child and me. Overall, it was a top-notch education. The school is now open to neighborhood residents and I'm not sure if this has driven the quality of education in a different direction. Needless to say, I was more than pleased with my children's tenure at Keystone.

Posted September 23, 2008
Keystone is the best. It has the best Principal, Teachers, Staff and Parents. I have a son, a niece, and a nephew that attend and Keystone really makes a difference in their lives!

Keystone Elementary School 4

Posted August 04, 2008
Keystone has been a wonderful school for 16 plus years. This previous years, a very short sighted board decided to make changes which almost sunk the ship. As parents, we hope that the present administration will toughen up and demand more rigorous adherence to school rules and regulations. At present it seems the administration is more focused on the aesthetics of the school than the learning environment. I would like to see the principal in the classrooms and hallways more. My child has shared incidents with me of which she has no knowledge. This is not a good practice to say the least.. You can depend on your AP or counselors to monitor in your stead. Please try harder this year. Karmeta Williams

Posted May 29, 2008
I think Keystone is the best school in Memphis . This will be my daughter 4the year going to Keystone. The Staff is the BEST. You can go to the school on any day of the week and the school will always be in order. My daughter reads above her grade level and loves to read anything @ anytime. The one thing my daughter love about her school is that they listen to her and go the extra mile to get her where she should be. They expect nothing less from the kids. The Keystone kids are always number one. and so are the parents.

Posted December 12, 2006
Keystone is wonderful. My daughter is in Kindergarten and already reading and making change. The teachers are wonderful and really care.

Posted May 22, 2006
This is one of the best schools in Memphis. My daughter attends kindergarten there and is reading on almost a second grade level. There kindergarten program was one of the best programs I have seen yet. Her Teacher Mrs. Stage is a great teacher who really cared about my child's education and provided her with the best kindergarten experience that any mother could ever ask for.

Posted May 02, 2006
I am writing again to let all parents know that Keystone cares about the kids, and that reading is very important. Our son is reprensenting Keystone this year in the MCS Reads program that Keystone offers, and he has done very well. Reading is the key to great students and this must stay a part of the school programs. Keep keystone the way it is, and lets go up to 8th grade if we can. All parents need to know when the zone meetings are going to be and take our Keystone students with us, so that they may speak their feelings about Keystone also.

Posted February 23, 2006
I am so proud that my children are a part of such a wonderful school. The staff is caring and tuned into the individual needs of the children. The enrichment staff,i.e. music, P.E. library, and computer teachers, are stellar. The CLUE program for the gifted and talented is also exceptional. Parental involvement is unequalled at other schools. Keystone's great- let's make it K-8! Frances Miller

4301 Old Allen Road, Memphis, TN  38128
Last modified Keystone Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Keystone Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top