Bad
Good

My school is Loftis Middle School & is the best. My Granddaughter attended there for all grades & loved it! She is now at Soddy High School & hopes to have just as good an experience there as well! Most of the teachers are great & care about the kids! The new Principal is great!

I am currently a 7th grade student of Loftis Middle School, and I recommend that you do not send your children to the 6th grade, especially if your child is easily emotionally distressed. I've had panic attacks in one class because of how strict and overreacting the teachers were in my team. Other than the military school-like dress code and the poor bathroom quality, though, 7th grade is going quite swimmingly. The 6th grade could use vast improvement in its teachers, however.

I am a former student at Loftis. Some of the teachers, especially the ones in special ed, i liked. Otherwise, I HATE LOFTIS. Their dress code is so strict it's pathetic. I constantly got in trouble for not having my shirt tucked in. I could not help the fact that my shirt would untuck itself. Worst of all, I received NO help in social skills. When I graduated I felt LIBERATED.

If your kids play sports don't send them here. It's not how good you are, it's who you know & how popular are. Alot of parents have seen this too many times.

Run is right. DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS HERE. I am keeping my daughter out of school for the rest of the year because she has been cornered in the bathroom and gets assaulted by the same girl EVERYDAY. Nothing is done. I was even told by the VP nothing will be done. They care more about dress code than education or students safety. You have been warned!!!!!

Run! Two of my children attended here and the admin want nothing to do with you and never back up what they say they will do, ever. They change rules, worried about dress code, total lack of child achievement. Unless you are way above average it won't matter if you went to whatever school. You'll excel regardless. I refuse to put my next child here. I'll homeschool before that happens.

If you love your Kids, Home school them or find a Different School. Terrible School would NEVER recommend it to anyone.

My daughter just finished 7th grade. It was better than last year but I still think that their is a communication problem with the teachers. They want our children to grow up way too fast and learn responsibility. Well I do too but not at the expense of their grades!!!! My daughter was not bullied this year, last year was horrible! I just hope that the 8th grade is going to be a even better year for her!

I really wish that I had read these comments before my son started Loftis in 6th grade. We are half way through the year and he is still struggling and this is a child that made the honor roll just about every report card in elementary school. I have talked with the teachers and the prinicpals and all I hear is how my son is not the only child struggling this year, but they don't seem to care enough to do anything to help them. They say it is the students responsibility... my question during a teacher conference was "what is the teachers responsibility" I of course did not get a response. His teachers, with the exception of 1, don't appear to care about the students. My son is falling the through the cracks at this school and I have talked all I can. I am going back to the Central Office and have him transferred and my younger son will not be going to Loftis either.

It is a good school that cares about the student.

Last modified Loftis Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.