Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (4 responses)

Ganns Middle Valley Elementary School 1

Posted June 23, 2016
Horrible school!!!!! Don't send your children there!!!!!! My child attends school here and I often go see her for lunch. I've seen the teacher yell at the children in the hallway. Children do not deserve to be spoken to the way I've heard some of the teachers talk to the kids. When I was at lunch with my daughter I saw another child drop her lunch tray. The janitor helped her pick it up and threw it away. I witnessed the girl go back thru the line to get another tray. When she went to pay she wanted ice cream that she had already paid for and had on her previous tray. The lady in the front office whom helps at lunch dug it out of the trash can and made her eat that ice cream instead of another! That's just sick! That parent would of been on ch. 4 if they were aware of the situation. Some teachers there do not wear appropriate attire. I think this should be looked at better by the principal. I can't wait till my daughter finishes 3rd grade there. After that we're moving schools. Horrible environment!!!!!!

Posted May 26, 2016
The teachers at Ganns are wonderful! My son has been very fortunate to have teachers that really care about him.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 30, 2016
Wheeler, Fields, Rodgers - all of them are great. Kids are happy to meet them.

Posted March 30, 2016
We have two kids who came to USA from Europe without any knowledge of English. Due to ESOL program and great teacher (Wheeler, Rogers, Fields) they were able to speak very fast. They are happy to go to school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 10, 2016
Mrs. Rogers is such an amazing teacher! She lights up the hallways with her smile and genuinely loves her students. It's very evident the feelings are mutual. Her joy is infectious and she always has a positive attitude. If only EVERY teacher had her passion!

Posted March 10, 2016
The teachers genuinely care about the success of the students. They encourage parent involvement and have great community support. My children have had amazing teachers. It is refreshing to see so many passionate teachers in one school. I can't say enough about the reading and writing techniques my children have learned. I know they will continue to do well academically in the future because they have had an excellent foundation at Ganns Middle Valley Elementary.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted February 20, 2016
My granddaughter is very good student so I don't know that I think the teachers are bad. My father was a teacher so I have respect for people that having a calling to this profession. My problem with the administration of this school.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 20, 2016
My granddaughter does not seem to have too much so this is not a problem

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted February 20, 2016
Not sure about this one they may have some good teachers. I hope they do not sure this is something that school's give children think they have this trait or they don't

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted February 20, 2016
The only respect I think is that I think the principal of the school is all about having ultimate control not sure she gives others any respect.

1609 Thrasher Pike, Middle Valley, TN  37343
Last modified Ganns Middle Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.