Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I will never in my life send another child of mine or advise anyone to send their child to this school. The office staff seems to be rude and careless. As many times I've been to that school I have never seen or been able to meet the principal, which is really sad and another act of carelessness. Every other school my children have been to, I've never had to make an effort to meet the principal, they were always available (greeting parents, assisting, etc). I also had to meet with my daughters teacher several times about her grades because he seems to not know what he's doing. I tried meeting with the teacher and guidance counselor, she showed up to one meeting and scheduled our next one and didn't show up, then the next meeting I asked for the principal to conference with me and the teacher and she didn't show up. I am one of those parents thats very involved with my child and make sure she gets the help she needs at home and at school. This school needs a major upgrade from the office staff to some of the teachers if they want to succeed. I totally regret having to let go of my transfer from Rivercrest to send her here, only if it wasn't for the circumstance that made me make that decision she would've truly been at a great school, not this one ever again.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

After I have visited the school so many times to meet with the teacher, he now seems to care about the progression of my child.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My daughter gets the same type of homework every week, nothing to help her progress.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They need to show that they care about their students and honor the parents needs and concerns.

My children have attended Lucy Elementary for the past three years. The staff and teachers are excellent. Whenever I have had questions, issues, or the need to request assistance with homework or testing for my child, they have been responsive to her needs. When she began the school in 3rd grade, she was seriously behind in reading. Working with her teacher in the 3rd and 4th grade, we have been able to improve her reading ability. While te school is a Chapter 1 school, I would highly recommend this school to anyone in the community.

Lucy Elementary is a school that has fallen in line with the current administration which is oppressing Christianity. When a child turns in a paper saying that she looks up to God, she is punished and told that she is not allowed to look up to God but can look up to Michael Jackson. What a disgusting attitude.

The best thing about this school is how organized thier car rider line is. Other than this I do not like this school, my son has moved around quite a bit because of the military and I don't think this school is that great. My son is really unhappy at his school. He has no trust in his teacher because she does not treat him with respect. When he told me how he felt I attempted to talk to his principal, who never returned my call. I think the work is fine academically but they are not meeting the standards on the TCAP. However, my sons grades started to fall he was always a sraight A student. I asked his teacher what he was having problems with. She says he is fine. His grade fell from an A to a C and all I was told was he is fine. I didnt have a good experience here.

We moved in the middle of last year to this school with my daughter being in 2nd grade. I had a great experience with the transfer and all the staff made me feel very welcomed. I was really excited by the return this school year for 3rd grade.

My daughter is currently attending Lucy and is a very good school. The only thing I don't agree with is not enough homework but that's just me. My daughters teacher this school year is awesome, we email each other if any questions, call each other send notes. One thing I do give them credit for is how they run the drop off and pick up for the children. I was very impressed coming from a City school. Way to go Lucy Elementary!

Last modified Lucy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.