Millington, TN

Lucy Elementary School 4

Posted December 30, 2013
My children have attended Lucy Elementary for the past three years. The staff and teachers are excellent. Whenever I have had questions, issues, or the need to request assistance with homework or testing for my child, they have been responsive to her needs. When she began the school in 3rd grade, she was seriously behind in reading. Working with her teacher in the 3rd and 4th grade, we have been able to improve her reading ability. While te school is a Chapter 1 school, I would highly recommend this school to anyone in the community.

Lucy Elementary School 1

Posted September 13, 2013
Lucy Elementary is a school that has fallen in line with the current administration which is oppressing Christianity. When a child turns in a paper saying that she looks up to God, she is punished and told that she is not allowed to look up to God but can look up to Michael Jackson. What a disgusting attitude.

Lucy Elementary School 2

Posted November 16, 2011
The best thing about this school is how organized thier car rider line is. Other than this I do not like this school, my son has moved around quite a bit because of the military and I don't think this school is that great. My son is really unhappy at his school. He has no trust in his teacher because she does not treat him with respect. When he told me how he felt I attempted to talk to his principal, who never returned my call. I think the work is fine academically but they are not meeting the standards on the TCAP. However, my sons grades started to fall he was always a sraight A student. I asked his teacher what he was having problems with. She says he is fine. His grade fell from an A to a C and all I was told was he is fine. I didnt have a good experience here.

Lucy Elementary School 0

Posted August 29, 2007
We moved in the middle of last year to this school with my daughter being in 2nd grade. I had a great experience with the transfer and all the staff made me feel very welcomed. I was really excited by the return this school year for 3rd grade.

Posted January 09, 2007
My daughter is currently attending Lucy and is a very good school. The only thing I don't agree with is not enough homework but that's just me. My daughters teacher this school year is awesome, we email each other if any questions, call each other send notes. One thing I do give them credit for is how they run the drop off and pick up for the children. I was very impressed coming from a City school. Way to go Lucy Elementary!

Lucy Elementary School 0

Posted February 09, 2006
i have had three children attend Lucy Elem. For the most part we have had a great experience. The teachers have all been wonderful with the kids and provide a good atmosphere for learning. The teachers seem to really care about the children and making sure they learn all they can. There aren't a lot of extracurricular activities available however.

Posted July 28, 2004
I dont believe you could pay for a better school. The teachers really seem to care about my child's education.

Lucy Elementary School 4

Posted May 03, 2004
The principal at Lucy really sets the standard for this rural school. She and the staff have a positive approach to discipline, and they have been very accommodating for both of my children (one with Bipolar Disorder and one adopted in the last year from Russia).

Posted August 02, 2003

Lucy Elementary School
6269 Amherst Rd, Millington, TN  38053
Last modified Lucy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lucy Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top