Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Lucy Elementary School 1

Posted April 28, 2016
I will never in my life send another child of mine or advise anyone to send their child to this school. The office staff seems to be rude and careless. As many times I've been to that school I have never seen or been able to meet the principal, which is really sad and another act of carelessness. Every other school my children have been to, I've never had to make an effort to meet the principal, they were always available (greeting parents, assisting, etc). I also had to meet with my daughters teacher several times about her grades because he seems to not know what he's doing. I tried meeting with the teacher and guidance counselor, she showed up to one meeting and scheduled our next one and didn't show up, then the next meeting I asked for the principal to conference with me and the teacher and she didn't show up. I am one of those parents thats very involved with my child and make sure she gets the help she needs at home and at school. This school needs a major upgrade from the office staff to some of the teachers if they want to succeed. I totally regret having to let go of my transfer from Rivercrest to send her here, only if it wasn't for the circumstance that made me make that decision she would've truly been at a great school, not this one ever again.

Grateful to: Student

Posted April 28, 2016
My daughter, for helping me realize that I should do more research about a school before I send her or any of my other children to it.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted April 28, 2016
After I have visited the school so many times to meet with the teacher, he now seems to care about the progression of my child.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted April 28, 2016
My daughter gets the same type of homework every week, nothing to help her progress.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted April 28, 2016
The school needs to have more functions involving the school staff, parents and the students. The functions they did have in the past were unknown of because they don't communicate at all.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted April 28, 2016
My daughter doesn't feel like she's getting what she needs out of her class her teacher can do better

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted April 28, 2016
Teachers should try hard to make sure every student excels and leave no one behind

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted April 28, 2016
They need to show that they care about their students and honor the parents needs and concerns.

Lucy Elementary School 4

Posted December 30, 2013
My children have attended Lucy Elementary for the past three years. The staff and teachers are excellent. Whenever I have had questions, issues, or the need to request assistance with homework or testing for my child, they have been responsive to her needs. When she began the school in 3rd grade, she was seriously behind in reading. Working with her teacher in the 3rd and 4th grade, we have been able to improve her reading ability. While te school is a Chapter 1 school, I would highly recommend this school to anyone in the community.

Lucy Elementary School 1

Posted September 13, 2013
Lucy Elementary is a school that has fallen in line with the current administration which is oppressing Christianity. When a child turns in a paper saying that she looks up to God, she is punished and told that she is not allowed to look up to God but can look up to Michael Jackson. What a disgusting attitude.

6269 Amherst Road, Millington, TN  38053
Last modified Lucy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.