Millington, TN

Posted February 12, 2015
We have just became a school municipal 2014-2015. All of Board members and our little community worked/fought really hard to form our very own system. Now, with that being said, it will take a while for everything to work itself out. Please keep this in mind. We have a very supportive administrative office. Our teachers DO go the extra mile to help each and every child. I think parents have to do their shared role with their child/children's education and not solely depend on the teachers 100%. We are a team and helping children become better students takes more than just talk it takes action. Please feel free to come to the PTSA meeting and voice your concerns meetings are held the first Tuesday each month from 6-7pm. If you don't speak up we will never hear you. Please come out and work together to make our school ranked amongst the best.

Posted February 10, 2015
As a teacher at Millington Middle, I enjoy waking up everyday to come to work. We have a hard working staff who go above and beyond for the students and the community. I personally have grown as a teacher and have experienced growth with the students. We are a data driven and supportive staff, who have our students as our number one focus. As teachers, we are continuously meeting together for professional development, sharing ideas, being supported by administration, and holding each other accountable. I love this community and this school.

Posted February 10, 2015
Millington middle school is awesome. We have two great principal that care of each of our student like they are there own. Our office staff is great and they go over and beyond. We have great teachers also. Communication is the key and I feel that I have that with both of my sons teachers. When I do have a problem it is addressed immediately.

Posted February 10, 2015
My son, who is APEX, is getting the challenging education that he needs. He has the best teachers, all of them! As a sixth grader he was apprehensive about entering into middle school, his teachers have been very supportive in the transition into middle school and challenge him every day. Also, administration has been very welcoming and helpful. I understand that they have a lot to do in a day, but they take the time to answer any questions that I have had. I feel truly blessed for my son to have had the great experience in 6th grade! Truly a great school!

Posted February 08, 2015
This is our son's first year in middle school. He was a bit intimidated at first but the assistant principal gave a group of us a tour this past summer. This is a brand new school system and they have in the works an orientation and tour for all incoming sixth graders starting this spring semester. So far, this has been a wonderful experience. Our child has enjoyed seeing his friends from the other elementary school and his past school combine. The teachers are easy to approach, open to ideas, and understand how preteens think. Millington is a great community for raising children.

Posted February 06, 2015
I have seen so many positive changes with a real emphasis on academic achievement at the school this year. The teachers and administration really seem to care about my son's education. This is his 3rd year here and he is much happier when he comes home in the afternoon. I'm impressed at how hard the staff is working to build this brand "new" school for our community. I'm excited to see what its like when my younger child gets there.

Millington Middle School 1

Posted January 20, 2015
Terrible school and can't afford private school. What's a parent to do? I don't know if I can handle another 2 yrs of this school and their lax administration.

Millington Middle School 1

Posted October 27, 2014
There seems to be a bullying problem here that is being ignored by staff. Kids need consequences so they know this will not be tolerated in any way. Three large boys ganging up on kids and getting away with it should not be tolerated. Split them up and stop this behavior. There is supposed to be a dress code that isn't being followed by some students also. If you have rules then someone needs to enforce them. Letting kids get away with breaking rules now doesn't do them any favors as they grow.

Millington Middle School 3

Posted August 25, 2014
I have a granddauvhter at this school. She really likes this school but is being bullied by one certain girl in her grade. It's so bad she cries and doesn't want to go to school. What is the best way to handle this. She is afraid of more bullying if she tells anyone. Grandma is very worried about her.

Millington Middle School 3

Posted June 30, 2013
Academics are fine, and some of the teachers are actually quite good that way. One or two are even able to inspire. The problem is that if one child hits another and the one who is hit yells, the one making the noise gets in trouble. There is a real problem with blaming the victim here. My daughter is hit, tormented, and occasionally robbed. The hitting often happens in the presence of teachers who do nothing.

Millington Middle School
4964 Cuba Millington Road, Millington, TN  38053
Last modified Millington Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Millington Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top