Millington, TN

Woodstock Middle School 4

Posted April 27, 2009
I have a daughter that attends Woodstock. It has been more of an adjustment for me. She is the youngest of 3, has a learning disability and was shy. I could no longer afford private so I relutantly placed her here. At the time if I could have I would have moved just to get her into a school that I felt would have better suited her. However, now....would not even if you paid me. My daughter receives all the extra attention and help she needs. She has come out of her shell and is doing well. I think that some of issues here, stem from lack of parental envolvement. Woodstock leads by example - they allow your child to think for themselves and outside the box.

Posted December 15, 2008
I had a child that went to that school ,I to can see that there are many problems in that school because of overcrowded.My son was also pick and bully on he did not want to go to school because there is no protection for them that is trying to learn.So he decided to join in the direspectful.That is the reason i move him out of the school.

Posted November 17, 2007
My daughter attends this school. I am not pleased with this schools security. My daughter came from Lucy Elemen. with A's and B's her grades have dropped because students their don't have any discipline.She has been complaining about students trying to fight her everyday. As a parent that really ticks me off! So if you have a good child don't make the same mistake I made.

Woodstock Middle School 3

Posted July 08, 2006
I attended Woodstock for all three years of my middle school education, although, now i am entering high school. Woodtock is/was not a bad school as many people hear, yet it does have some issues with children who misbehave. It has/had some of the BEST teachers in the county. The extra classes(music, art, pe, etc.) are wonderful. The teachers are very well trained.Also, as for the administration,they do the best they can and that can be hard sometimes. They have to be very patient. Woodstock is NOT a bad school.

Posted May 26, 2006
Two of my grandchildren attended Woodstock. Before coming to this school both were very well behaved & interested in learning. We took one child out in the middle of the eighth grade & homeschooled him because he was not learning anything except how to be disrespectful. It is a shame the kids go from Lucy Elememtary where they are nurtured & encouraged to Woodstock Middle where they are ridiculed and ignored (except when they are being disciplined). The teachers & principal are more concerned with the dress code than with teaching.

Posted July 31, 2005
The school is a wonderful school, however other parents need to take a active roll in raising their children and stop making it the teachers responsibility to raise their children for them. Stand up and take responsibility for your children and stop trying to take the easy way out. The teachers care, however if the parents don't care or teach morals and ethics at home...what is the use. Give the teachers some help and stop blaming them.

Posted August 11, 2004
I don't think the teachers care very much about educating my child because they are constantly having to discipline the children. My child was in a gifted program until he started at this school.

Woodstock Middle School 3

Posted June 16, 2004
I'm not a parent but an employee of this great school. All I wish to say is if the students are disorderly at school where do they get this learned behavior? It starts at home. Parents must be held accountable. It's very hard to educate when 80% of your time is devoted to asking 'Johnny' to remain in his seat, not to talk back, not to hit, refrain from using profanity. Accountability parents, some lessons should be taught at home.

Posted April 18, 2004
This school is over crowded, disorderly, and not very good all around. There are some good teachers, but the students are horrible. This would be a better school if the teachers could keep their classes under control.

5885 Woodstock Cuba Road, Millington, TN  38053
Last modified Woodstock Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodstock Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top