PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Great facilities and good experience with teaching staff .... would like to see daily, year-long Bible classes for the upper school... and more structured / rigorous choir and art classes for the elementary

I am a parent of one student that has already graduated from TRA and another that is in the Middle School. We love TRA! My daughter that has graduated received a scholarship to Christian Brothers and scored very high on her ACT. My daughter still attending TRA is following in her footsteps academically. We were welcomed by the administration and the teachers from day one at TRA and that hasn't changed over the 9 years my children have been attending TRA. Every school you go to whether it be private or public is going to have problems. I can tell you this, every time I have had any kind of issue regarding anything with TRA the administration and staff have bent over backwards to help. My daughters have never had an "overload" of home work like I have seen in some other posts. I will continue to send my child in Middle School to TRA until she graduates. I also plan on supporting TRA even after my last child graduates. Sending my children to TRA has turned out to be a great decision.

For the life of me I will never understand why they continue to recognize students that have attended 12, 13, and 14 years but no longer recognize the top academic students at graduation. They are listed in the graduation program but not ranked. The young man that should have been valedictorian last year gave the only speech worth listening to at the ceremony. I was told the school changed the recognition requirements in the middle of his high school years. Getting an award for a parental decision is ridiculous.

My child has been in this school for years now and is now in high school. I feel that many of the comments about the school is correct. They do not offer books for classes and tells the students to look online or watch on YouTube if they don't understand it. Parents can hardly help them because they don't have a book. It is true about the front they put on when prospective parents come tour. They are not ahead of the public schools. I am shocked by the way they run this school. It is over $650 per month plus a $500 supply fee up front when no books are being given. They don't offer things like school dances in high school. Homecoming week will not be something the kids will remember because it just isn't comparable to the public schools. I am very dissatisfied even though my child is in the "click". I'm not sure if I am going to continue or try a public school next year. There is bullying at this school and they are turning their heads from it now.

Great school. The Headmaster is a pompous jerk, but other than that...it's a great school with great kids.

If you notice, most of the negative reviews are from parents whose children were not performing well academically or who had some type of personal issue. Things happen, but to base your opinion of any institution on extremes is wildly inaccurate. I attended TRA for 13 years (graduated fairly recently with a full academic scholarship to a private college), and all of my neices and nephews are there now. TRA is not perfect; children mis-behave, and teachers are human. However, I always felt VERY safe and as though my teachers genuinely cared about me and wanted me to succeed. Plus my class of less than 50 students had over double the amount of scholarship money offered to the closest Tipton County public school whose graduating class had over 300 students. As for complaints about homework, sure we had a lot, but we were taught to "learn for life" not just for a test. I never missed out on anything because I was too swamped with homework. Concepts and principals were taught in class;you were expected to practice them with your teacher & at home. I usually don't post reviews, but the extremity of the comments below take away from a person's ability to get a real idea of TRA - good/bad

The upper school principal told the high school students that if they were having trouble with a teacher or a subject that they could google it. Wow, I wish he had told us that before we enrolled, we could have saved all of the tuition money.

My childreen were at TRA for 4 years and then we had to move; I always knew TRA was a "good" school, but I took it for granted, my children are head ans shoulders above their peers in a new state. Thank you TRA! Your rigorous academic program and Christian focus prepared my children for the future. It is incredulous to believe some people think public school cirriculums are synomous with TRA's...maybe the course work was too challenging there, it is truly college prep!

Curriculum changes are made but not communicated to parents until after the re-enrollment deadline. Teachers are allowed to bully students. Communication is last minute, if at all; next day events are often publicized by text the afternoon before. The tuition continues to increase without added value. Common phrase used by families who have left: "we weren't getting our money's worth". Typical private school population with all elements represented including drug users, promiscuous students, and snobs. The staff puts on a great show when you tour. Prospective "stakeholders" should talk to current and former students to get the real picture. The board and headmaster call all the shots. They decide what is going to happen and then tell everyone else when it works best for them. It is really unfortunate because in years past there were waiting lists to get in. The area is in great need of good, quality private schools as the public system is in disarray.

Don't waste your money. It's is not worth it. Definitely not a Christian environment. Been in existence 40+ years & still doesn't have a band. During the first few weeks of school, my child was subjected, without my approval, to a movie during PE which contained the F word more than one time, a rectal exam and several other inappropriate content scenes. The movie pertained to obesity which has made my child think him/her is fat, when in fact, is not. There are also several children on the verge of eating disorders and this movie has only encourage this behavior for the worse, including my child. The parents are snooty and have their clicks. Elementary administrative staff is rude, nobody smiles. They are always more wanting money for something-tshirts, $2 not have to wear uniform, some other event that my child hates. The only reason I send my child here is because our house hasn't sold yet. Not a positive classroom environment for my child--hates it here. The teachers tweet during class and don't care that this interferes with the childen's learning. They offer no special help for the children who aren't up to snuff and make them feel inferior when they try to ask a question.

Last modified Tipton-Rosemark Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12