Posted August 08, 2014
For the life of me I will never understand why they continue to recognize students that have attended 12, 13, and 14 years but no longer recognize the top academic students at graduation. They are listed in the graduation program but not ranked. The young man that should have been valedictorian last year gave the only speech worth listening to at the ceremony. I was told the school changed the recognition requirements in the middle of his high school years. Getting an award for a parental decision is ridiculous.

Tipton-Rosemark Academy 2

Posted January 05, 2014
My child has been in this school for years now and is now in high school. I feel that many of the comments about the school is correct. They do not offer books for classes and tells the students to look online or watch on YouTube if they don't understand it. Parents can hardly help them because they don't have a book. It is true about the front they put on when prospective parents come tour. They are not ahead of the public schools. I am shocked by the way they run this school. It is over $650 per month plus a $500 supply fee up front when no books are being given. They don't offer things like school dances in high school. Homecoming week will not be something the kids will remember because it just isn't comparable to the public schools. I am very dissatisfied even though my child is in the "click". I'm not sure if I am going to continue or try a public school next year. There is bullying at this school and they are turning their heads from it now.

Tipton-Rosemark Academy 4

Posted October 25, 2013
Great school. The Headmaster is a pompous jerk, but other than that...it's a great school with great kids.

Tipton-Rosemark Academy 5

Posted September 27, 2013
If you notice, most of the negative reviews are from parents whose children were not performing well academically or who had some type of personal issue. Things happen, but to base your opinion of any institution on extremes is wildly inaccurate. I attended TRA for 13 years (graduated fairly recently with a full academic scholarship to a private college), and all of my neices and nephews are there now. TRA is not perfect; children mis-behave, and teachers are human. However, I always felt VERY safe and as though my teachers genuinely cared about me and wanted me to succeed. Plus my class of less than 50 students had over double the amount of scholarship money offered to the closest Tipton County public school whose graduating class had over 300 students. As for complaints about homework, sure we had a lot, but we were taught to "learn for life" not just for a test. I never missed out on anything because I was too swamped with homework. Concepts and principals were taught in class;you were expected to practice them with your teacher & at home. I usually don't post reviews, but the extremity of the comments below take away from a person's ability to get a real idea of TRA - good/bad

Posted September 05, 2013
The upper school principal told the high school students that if they were having trouble with a teacher or a subject that they could google it. Wow, I wish he had told us that before we enrolled, we could have saved all of the tuition money.

Tipton-Rosemark Academy 5

Posted July 26, 2013
My childreen were at TRA for 4 years and then we had to move; I always knew TRA was a "good" school, but I took it for granted, my children are head ans shoulders above their peers in a new state. Thank you TRA! Your rigorous academic program and Christian focus prepared my children for the future. It is incredulous to believe some people think public school cirriculums are synomous with TRA's...maybe the course work was too challenging there, it is truly college prep!

Posted April 13, 2013
Curriculum changes are made but not communicated to parents until after the re-enrollment deadline. Teachers are allowed to bully students. Communication is last minute, if at all; next day events are often publicized by text the afternoon before. The tuition continues to increase without added value. Common phrase used by families who have left: "we weren't getting our money's worth". Typical private school population with all elements represented including drug users, promiscuous students, and snobs. The staff puts on a great show when you tour. Prospective "stakeholders" should talk to current and former students to get the real picture. The board and headmaster call all the shots. They decide what is going to happen and then tell everyone else when it works best for them. It is really unfortunate because in years past there were waiting lists to get in. The area is in great need of good, quality private schools as the public system is in disarray.

Tipton-Rosemark Academy 1

Posted September 30, 2012
Don't waste your money. It's is not worth it. Definitely not a Christian environment. Been in existence 40+ years & still doesn't have a band. During the first few weeks of school, my child was subjected, without my approval, to a movie during PE which contained the F word more than one time, a rectal exam and several other inappropriate content scenes. The movie pertained to obesity which has made my child think him/her is fat, when in fact, is not. There are also several children on the verge of eating disorders and this movie has only encourage this behavior for the worse, including my child. The parents are snooty and have their clicks. Elementary administrative staff is rude, nobody smiles. They are always more wanting money for something-tshirts, $2 not have to wear uniform, some other event that my child hates. The only reason I send my child here is because our house hasn't sold yet. Not a positive classroom environment for my child--hates it here. The teachers tweet during class and don't care that this interferes with the childen's learning. They offer no special help for the children who aren't up to snuff and make them feel inferior when they try to ask a question.

Posted February 19, 2012
Put it this way, my children attended TRA for four years, tuition kept going up, we couldn't afford it any longer. Now they are in public school for free and are happier, learning just as much, and less stressed. I was pleasantly surprised!

Tipton-Rosemark Academy 1

Posted February 09, 2012
I attended school at TRA for 5 years. At the end of those 5 years, I had to undergo 2 months of psychological counseling and I transferred to a different school due to the treatment I received from the "Christian" children there. This school is probably the least-Christian of an environment that I have ever been in. The school administrators are happy to tout Christian ideals and morals to prospective parents. They dispose of that when it comes to disciplining bullying or protecting students from the psychological abuse of their fellow students. You are gambling with your child's future sending them to TRA. They may fit in, they may not, but if you are at all concerned about their emotional and intellectual development, and particularly if you have reason to believe that your child is "different" in any way--intelligence, race, height, weight, sexual orientation, income or anything else that may come to your mind, you need to keep looking. This is an unhealthy environment, and frankly, the return on your investment is marginal even if your child excels at TRA. Their curriculum is unremarkable compared to public schools in the area.

Tipton-Rosemark Academy
8696 Rosemark Road, Millington, TN  38053
Last modified Tipton-Rosemark Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Tipton-Rosemark Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.