Millington, TN

Millington Elementary School 3

Posted May 12, 2015
Great school overall but my biggest concern is that they rarely inform the parents about events that are going on and if we do find out it is very last-minute. It's almost like they assume that we know what's going on at the school from a day-to-day basis. We are very hilly informed about meetings are ceremonies or field trips. Been a few times where I wasn't even notified about an event until that day when an automated phone call came in. Other than the major communication issue the school is great.

Millington Elementary School 2

Posted May 10, 2015
Most of my child's teachers are great, but the Principal, Asst Principal, and some non-TCAP academia courses are non personable, non-communicable and the majority of my child's friends are afraid of them. Not because they have spoken to them in an unprofessional manner, but because they have witnessed scolding in the hallway. We've attended many functions recognizing the students and neither Principal or Asst Principal were present. The PE teacher has cursed in class and some of the agenda in music seems race driven (specifically, there has been ONE play and it was about the achievements and struggles of African Americans (my child had to learn songs of Africa only. How about an American history play which encompasses all races and genders). We find out about school events at the dinner table and then email the homeroom teacher for follow-up - most times the week of the event. The PTA tries to do things, but without a supportive leadership team, they are limited and not as relevant as previous PTA's we've been associated.

Posted February 08, 2015
Our son attended this school from Kindergarten all the way through fourth grade. The teachers and staff care about the students. They go out of their way to ensure the students have the tools they need to learn and feel safe. I was amazed that after only two weeks in Kindergarten the office staff knew his name! He enjoyed his classes and his teachers every year, and he learned how to get along well with others and use his manners too! I highly recommend this school and I suggest that parents at all schools become involved as volunteers, whether on the PTA/PTO board or just helping in the office or classrooms. More parent involvement would make this great school even more terrific! Even those working full time can help. Just ask!

Posted February 08, 2015
I have worked here for going on five years and I love it. I absolutely wake up every morning excited about work! All the teachers and staff are kind and caring. They make sure every child is loved as well as educated. The old saying goes "If you love your job, you"ll never work a day." That is certainly true here!

Posted February 08, 2015
I am a parent and a staff member. I believe we have the best staff and teachers. Our teachers work hard daily to provide a safe and encouraging education experience. The school building and grounds are clean and well kept. I would encourage any family considering MES as their home elementary school, come in any day and see us in action. Our teachers and staff are superheroes.

Posted September 29, 2014
A 1 awesome year experience in our lifes (2011-2012)... I tried private and public schools, but I was never satisfy. My dad used to tell me that I was never going to find a perfect school. Today and always, I AM VERY HAPPY to say that I found that perfect school, better yet, that OUTSTANDING SCHOOL! I am VERY GRATEFUL of Millington Elementary School, they really care about children's education and wellness. We will remember them always, specially Mrs. Green. Please, keep it that way. Hooyah!!!

Posted April 21, 2014
I love this school. My child is well taught there and has excelled in so many ways.

Posted September 06, 2011
My children were fortunate to attend this school! All the staff are caring and super nice, teachers are hard working and loving, Mr. Lunsford is very dedicating and full of energy. I saw him working over time a lot. Children learn positive attitude by all the teachers with a pride as professional educator.

Posted May 13, 2010
Millington Elementry is a wonderful school, my two children attend one is in Pre- K the other is in Kindergarten. The teachers there are so wonderful and friendly. They always make you feel welcome and my children have learned so much. Im glad that my children attend a wonderful school.

Millington Elementary School

Posted September 17, 2009
Teachers are really devoted to their students learning.

Millington Elementary School
6445 William L Osteen Drive, Millington, TN  38053
Last modified Millington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Millington Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top