Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school is amazing! The teachers go above and beyond to help their students. The counselors are caring and compassionate. The office staff is very welcoming and gives a great first impression when entering the building. The facility is well kept and clean. Both of my children attend MES and I couldn't be more pleased with the education they're receiving. Millington is definitely the best kept secret in Shelby County.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They don't teach; they give out worksheets. My child hasn't come home one to tell me of a hands-on activity they have done in class. Come on teachers, get it together. Actually teach them something in a way they can learn and be interested in it.

The teachers, staff, and administration are devoted to each individual child's education and well-being. The Physical Education, Music, and Art Department are lead by excellent teachers of great character and integrity. Of all the schools I have been involved with, Millington Elementary is by far the best!

Great school overall but my biggest concern is that they rarely inform the parents about events that are going on and if we do find out it is very last-minute. It's almost like they assume that we know what's going on at the school from a day-to-day basis. We are very hilly informed about meetings are ceremonies or field trips. Been a few times where I wasn't even notified about an event until that day when an automated phone call came in. Other than the major communication issue the school is great.

Our son attended this school from Kindergarten all the way through fourth grade. The teachers and staff care about the students. They go out of their way to ensure the students have the tools they need to learn and feel safe. I was amazed that after only two weeks in Kindergarten the office staff knew his name! He enjoyed his classes and his teachers every year, and he learned how to get along well with others and use his manners too! I highly recommend this school and I suggest that parents at all schools become involved as volunteers, whether on the PTA/PTO board or just helping in the office or classrooms. More parent involvement would make this great school even more terrific! Even those working full time can help. Just ask!

I have worked here for going on five years and I love it. I absolutely wake up every morning excited about work! All the teachers and staff are kind and caring. They make sure every child is loved as well as educated. The old saying goes "If you love your job, you"ll never work a day." That is certainly true here!

I am a parent and a staff member. I believe we have the best staff and teachers. Our teachers work hard daily to provide a safe and encouraging education experience. The school building and grounds are clean and well kept. I would encourage any family considering MES as their home elementary school, come in any day and see us in action. Our teachers and staff are superheroes.

A 1 awesome year experience in our lifes (2011-2012)... I tried private and public schools, but I was never satisfy. My dad used to tell me that I was never going to find a perfect school. Today and always, I AM VERY HAPPY to say that I found that perfect school, better yet, that OUTSTANDING SCHOOL! I am VERY GRATEFUL of Millington Elementary School, they really care about children's education and wellness. We will remember them always, specially Mrs. Green. Please, keep it that way. Hooyah!!!

I love this school. My child is well taught there and has excelled in so many ways.

My children were fortunate to attend this school! All the staff are caring and super nice, teachers are hard working and loving, Mr. Lunsford is very dedicating and full of energy. I saw him working over time a lot. Children learn positive attitude by all the teachers with a pride as professional educator.

Last modified Millington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.