No rating

Lighthouse Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 5 students

Living in Millington

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $87,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $740.

Posted May 23, 2013

I would not recommend this school unless you are just looking for a diploma. DO NOT PAY FOR CAP/GOWN/DIPLOMA COVER. For $100.00 we got the wrong size gown and a used diploma cover. The office help have a lousy attitude. We were not informed about when to pick up graduation materials. We had to constantly call.

Posted August 9, 2012

This is a wonderful private, christian school. We are looking forward to having all our children graduate from here.

Posted May 12, 2011

I am greatful that my children are able to attend a CHRISTian school that allow them to worship freely. They have a wonderful Headmaster whose been sent by God. The staff love their children and nourish them with their hearts. I am NOT one for leaving my children with just any person(s), but when I leave them I don't worry about them. Unlike other places who only saw them as money rather than children needing love. Thank you Lighthouse Staff for all that you do. You are appreciated!

Posted April 19, 2011

My child attended kindergarten here. I was happy with the curriculum, but diaappointed with some of the staff attitude. I was told that the first 10 people who registered could play TBall. We registered, but were called into the office by the coach and told if my child did not do what the coach said or show up for practice we would be cut from the team. Sure my child was ill a lot for the first year, but this is TBall, not college ball, and the focus of a Christian school is not supposed to be winning, but "speaking into" children's lives. We have since joined another TBall team, are doing fine, and have only missed 1 practice for family reasons.

Posted July 14, 2010

My child has been going to LCA sinc the doors have been opened. It is a wonderful environment . The school provides a christian atomosphere and teaching and teches the childern and our young teens how to apply this to their everyday lives. Their academic program is excellent and even though it may have changed over the years due to parents taking thier childern out of the school it still has beenan excellent program. I do not think the school is all about money but the teachers need to be paid to they do not work for free. But those that took their childern out of this school I really hope that God lead them to do so, because God has not lead me to and times have been really hard for my family. God has shown me the vision for this school and it will grow and is execellent.

Posted April 12, 2010

My experience with LFC was good when they opened and for the first 4 years, however from that point forward it was not. The principal resigned and someone who is not educationally qualified is now the principal. I would not recommend this schoo.

Posted March 24, 2010

This was a great school when it was located on Martha street, but since the move to Shelby road it's completely different. It is all money money money now. They even have the nerve to charge a monthly grounds fee for the 'playground and upkeep of the grounds'. They don't even have a playground! The facility on Martha St. did have a playground and we were not charged extra for it! My daughter's teacher was changed 4 times in a year because they can't keep anyone there. The only good thing I have to say about this school is that they really did a good job teaching my daughter about Jesus. That's the only reason why I kept her there so long.

Posted March 12, 2010

I love the Christian environment at Lighthouse. I feel my child is getting a wonderful education. His reading level is 3 grades above his actual grade level! I give this school 5 stars!

Posted February 10, 2010

My child attends this school and has learned a lot about the word of God and for that i am Thankful. Iwould like to see this school come alive by incorporating a strong physical education program ,science program real music teacher .Please put the equipment on the playground together for the children . I like the teachers and the pastor but the school belongs to the church and they should try to encorporate more extracurricular activites.The Xmas program was just sad .They should have had a play of some sort.

Posted May 12, 2009

I can finally sleep at night, now that I enrolled my 6th grader at Lighthouse. It is a Christian environment with caring teachers and small class sizes. I wouldn't think of putting her in any other school.

Posted April 27, 2009

When the preschool was located on Martha street is was pretty good, Since moving to the Shlby road building things ahve changed. There is no security system in place to protect the children and adults can basically come and go as they please. Although parents are required to check in and out at the frnt of the building the check in sheet is not located in an office. The front office does not even have a window facing the front doors. I have had a few issues with the security and changes that have taken place since the move and my concerns were neither taekn seriously or addressed. I have since removed my children from the preschool and have laced them in a more secure and appropriate facility for toddlers.

Posted January 26, 2009

This is by far the best preschool I have ever seen. My children love the faculty and have learned so much from everyone there. This preschool has a very warming environment, and they all seem to care greatly about each individual. I do not plan to take my children out of here until regular school age!!

Posted December 19, 2008

i love this school we can talk openly and freely about jesus our savior ive been going there for two years and im an a plus student because i get the help i need when i went to millington i got cs come tour the school its wonderful and so our the teachers and ms.keough
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 26, 2008

I love the school. My children both attend and have for several years. The individual attention my child recieves is incomparable!

Posted July 11, 2008

Great school with individual attention to students from all staff. My son loves the school. This will be his 4th year.

Posted June 24, 2008

This is a wonderful school! A great private christian education with a staff that cares about all of your child, and their spiritual education! We have been here since the first grade and now entering the 7th Grade!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 2%

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious