Millington, TN

Posted May 15, 2015
I would not recommend this preschool to any parent who has a child with energy, spunk, and typically developing behaviors. My son was expelled after only 4 months of attending this PreK. He was not violent. He had not hurt anyone. He was 3. And struggled with following directions. We did not receive any "blue" notes and had no warnings he would be expelled. We had approximately 5 phone calls while I was at work and even asked to leave my job to "talk" to my child. This alone should tell you the school does not know what they are doing. When I asked if anyone had a license in education, I was told no. unprofessional and and lack of control. School administration had similar issues. I can not speak for the 1-12 grades but I can attest that this preschool is by far the worst I have ever seen and pray that this review helps another parent when they consider putting their child there. Unless your child is robot like at the tender age of 3, then this is not the school for them.

Posted December 10, 2013
My son has attended the school for all of his highschool years. He has tested on the SATS at above average or beyond highschool education each year! We have been VERY happy with the mindset that Christ centered education is preferrable. They are small but growing and continues to do so. Sports, music and drama have all been added since we have been at the school.

Posted May 23, 2013
I would not recommend this school unless you are just looking for a diploma. DO NOT PAY FOR CAP/GOWN/DIPLOMA COVER. For $100.00 we got the wrong size gown and a used diploma cover. The office help have a lousy attitude. We were not informed about when to pick up graduation materials. We had to constantly call.

Posted August 09, 2012
This is a wonderful private, christian school. We are looking forward to having all our children graduate from here.

Lighthouse Christian Academy 4

Posted May 12, 2011
I am greatful that my children are able to attend a CHRISTian school that allow them to worship freely. They have a wonderful Headmaster whose been sent by God. The staff love their children and nourish them with their hearts. I am NOT one for leaving my children with just any person(s), but when I leave them I don't worry about them. Unlike other places who only saw them as money rather than children needing love. Thank you Lighthouse Staff for all that you do. You are appreciated!

Lighthouse Christian Academy 3

Posted April 19, 2011
My child attended kindergarten here. I was happy with the curriculum, but diaappointed with some of the staff attitude. I was told that the first 10 people who registered could play TBall. We registered, but were called into the office by the coach and told if my child did not do what the coach said or show up for practice we would be cut from the team. Sure my child was ill a lot for the first year, but this is TBall, not college ball, and the focus of a Christian school is not supposed to be winning, but "speaking into" children's lives. We have since joined another TBall team, are doing fine, and have only missed 1 practice for family reasons.

Posted July 14, 2010
My child has been going to LCA sinc the doors have been opened. It is a wonderful environment . The school provides a christian atomosphere and teaching and teches the childern and our young teens how to apply this to their everyday lives. Their academic program is excellent and even though it may have changed over the years due to parents taking thier childern out of the school it still has beenan excellent program. I do not think the school is all about money but the teachers need to be paid to they do not work for free. But those that took their childern out of this school I really hope that God lead them to do so, because God has not lead me to and times have been really hard for my family. God has shown me the vision for this school and it will grow and is execellent.

Posted April 12, 2010
My experience with LFC was good when they opened and for the first 4 years, however from that point forward it was not. The principal resigned and someone who is not educationally qualified is now the principal. I would not recommend this schoo.

Lighthouse Christian Academy 3

Posted March 24, 2010
This was a great school when it was located on Martha street, but since the move to Shelby road it's completely different. It is all money money money now. They even have the nerve to charge a monthly grounds fee for the 'playground and upkeep of the grounds'. They don't even have a playground! The facility on Martha St. did have a playground and we were not charged extra for it! My daughter's teacher was changed 4 times in a year because they can't keep anyone there. The only good thing I have to say about this school is that they really did a good job teaching my daughter about Jesus. That's the only reason why I kept her there so long.

Posted March 12, 2010
I love the Christian environment at Lighthouse. I feel my child is getting a wonderful education. His reading level is 3 grades above his actual grade level! I give this school 5 stars!

Lighthouse Christian Academy
3660 Shelby Road, Millington, TN  38053
Last modified Lighthouse Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Lighthouse Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top