Bad
Good

Lakeview is a school that focuses on the whole child. The faculty, staff, and administration work diligently to provide a loving and supportive environment for students while still ensuring strong academic expectations. Students are stronger and better prepared for the real world.

This school has gone farther and farther down hill since Mrs. Burge took over. All they seem to care about is keeping their Reward school status. Which for us as parents means all they care about is test scores and not kids. When your honor roll student comes home in tears several weeks in a row because the teachers were threatening to hold them back if they did bad on TCAP you know there is a problem. It wasn't just him, but the whole class they were repeatedly threatening. Administration did nothing about this. They are not compassionate towards these kids at all. It is a sad sight to see the lack of love in that school. Let me add, the TCAP incident happened 2 years ago and it has not improved in that time. They make kids miss recess and gym in order to study. If kids don't finish their work, they miss recess and do study hall. It's a prison in that school. They are lacking a good art program as well. No funding for computers and the PTO wants to use it's funds to give 2nd graders ipads, instead of 3-5th graders getting chromebooks, that they need to take these ridiculous tests on. Priorities in this school are severely backwards.

Lakeview is a great school. It is located close to Old Hickory lake and surrounded by safe and nice neighborhoods. The teachers I had were great. One of them is a life long friend now.

This school has gone downhill. The principal is awful. He just recently fired the whole cleaning staff, one lady had been there for over 30 years and did a great job. He tells us parents what we want to hear, but says different to the teachers. What a dishonorable way to run a school. The principal they had before was a real man of integrity, something this guy lacks. Teachers are leaving like crazy and he is replacing them with his yes people who are too scared to say anything. Parents wake up and see this for what it is.

I went to Lakeview Elementary as a child and it was amazing! The teachers I had at Lakeview inspired me to want to be an elementary teacher and i am now in college working for my teaching degree. These are some of the most hardworking, caring teachers out there. Lakeview is an incredible school with amazing teachers! You'll only find the best of the best at Lakeview!

Love, Love , Love this school! My child has attended this school for 3 years now and could not be happier. We have loved all of her teachers, the girls in the office are so wonderful, and they involve parents in everything. We have tried 2 other schools in Mount Juliet and this is by far the best!

I have had all four of children go through Lakeview. The teachers are great!! They do everything they can to help the students. The bad thing with the school is that they have within the last few years had a new principal arrive. He is a not trustworthy. He says one thing to your face and does something else. He is nothing more than a yes man, I will be glad when my last child is out the school. One example, a teachers child hit a friend of ours daughter and he got onto the teacher for saying something to the teachers son about his actions. Watch yourself parents, he is not telling the truth.

Stellar! We moved here from the North East and of all the school districts available to us in the Nashville area we moved to Mt. Juliet especially for Lakeview Elementary. We are the parents of a special education student. We had all of our concerns addressed and all of our fears dispelled. Their Special Ed Director is increadibly talented, knowledgeable and professional. Every person on staff is supportive. Principal and Janitor alike, everyone is dedicated to the success of their students and a fully enriching elementary experience. I have nothing but the highest praise for everyone at Lakeview. My only complaint is that it isn't a K-12 school! Excellence like this should not end at 5th grade.

I have had children going to Lakeview for 6 years. I know have 2 children there. They have had a top notch education from the beginning. I used to be a teacher, so I know how dedicated Lakeview is. The teachers work with the children like their life depends on it. I know that when my children make A's and B's they have earned it.

We enjoy and appreciate the quality of care and education at Lakeview. The teachers are motivated and the school is very active in the commuinty. A pet peeve of ours is the amount of fund-raising, donation requests, costly field trips, and continual bombardment of money related letters and mailers home with the children. Wilson County is under-funding education and in some schools the lack of adequate funding is pronouonced. The school does a great job nevertheless overcoming funding issues to provide our children a good foundational educaiton. Our children love the school.

Last modified Lakeview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.