No rating

Mount Juliet Christian Academy

Private | 16 students

Living in Mount Juliet

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $181,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $730.

Posted June 13, 2011

I did not listen to the negative things I had heard about this school. I went with it for covenience and a christian atmosphere. I now know why I got that "strange look" when I told people where I was sending my child. It has a reputation in the educational community as a second rate school with poor leadership and pathetic athletics and I understand why. We were there for one year of high school and I saw the light....quickly.

Posted June 12, 2011

Excellent school! Teachers are top notch, the curriculum is challenging, and the administration is always available and helpful.

Posted June 8, 2011

second rate...at best. I taught here for one year and could not believe the unethical things I witnessed. Parents run the school, certain kids get priveleges while others don't. I saw grades changed and behaviors overlooked. It was unbelievable...and as far as being ahead of the public schools? what a joke.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 31, 2011

My children loved this school! What a warm and welcoming environment, where the love of Christ is exhibited by administration, faculty, parents, and other students. My sons received an outstanding education while there. In addition, the athletic programs are second to none for a school this size. If we had it to do over, we'd pick MJCA again!

Posted May 29, 2011

WONDERFUL SCHOOL!!! Our three children have been at MJCA since kindergarten and are now middle and high school age. We feel that we have received great value for our tuition dollars over the years. We love the warm, family atmosphere and the fact that our children are excelling academically and athletically at MJCA. Our twelve year old daughter, under the Duke Tip Program, scored 15 on the ACT test as a seventh grader, without having any high school courses, which speaks for the education she is receiving. She also begin taking high school courses in eighth grade. Spiritually, our children are being taught by dedicated, caring teachers who are leading and teaching by example. We are so happy at MJCA and would do it all over again!

Posted May 29, 2011

Can't say enough about this school! It has been a complete and total blessing to my family! I feel that my children are receiving an excellent education along with great opportunities to participate in the arts and athletics. The individualized attention they receive from their teachers is invaluable. I love the fact that MJCA focuses on academics, but also seeks to grow its students spiritually and develop their characters with community service. My kids love MJCA and feel safe there and that is worth it all to us.

Posted May 28, 2011

Our children have been at MJCA for 10 years. We feel they have received an excellent education, as well as character development. The school goes above and beyond to make sure each child is given individualized attention. We feel blessed to have our children here.

Posted May 28, 2011

This is an amazing school who teaches every child as a whole. My children's tests scores are very high, but I feel as though the teachers are teaching my children not to the test. I couldn't think of a more nurturing environment. They will all be well prepared for college and have a great friend base with Christian friends and families. The leadership is seeking to build a top notch school for the community.

Posted May 28, 2011

I am a teacher at MJCA and I wouldn't teach anywhere else. The teachers work to ensure every child is loved and has a positive school experience. We are academically ahead of public school due to our small class size, quick paced curriculum and amazing parental support. Classes are taught with enthusiasm and a creative approach. The administration is top notch and seeks God's will in every decision.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 28, 2011

This is an excellent school that I highly recommend! The teachers are excellent, and Christian values are taught and demonstrated.

Posted May 18, 2011

Carefully evaluate MJCA before placing your child here.The elementary school is good but due to poor leadership and high teacher turnover, the middle and secondary schools are not up to other private school standards in the area. (There are, however, several excellent teachers in the secondary area.) There is too much "parent" involvement which at times gives the appearance of preferential treatment. The Athletic department should be completely overhauled (needs new administration - too much good ole boy networking.) Before spending a small fortune sending your children to this school, compare ACT scores, graduation numbers, scholarship awards, etc. with other schools. We did not feel we received the education for the dollars spent.

Posted May 16, 2011

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about MJCA. My daughter has gone there since Kindergarten and we love it I feel blessed to be able to send her to a school where she can freely worship the Lord and where her teachers love the Lord as well. She is thriving academically and has learned so much from every teacher she has had in the past. So we say, MJCA all the way!

Posted April 11, 2011

one word:incompetence. People who say that this school is higher academically are wrong. DO YOUR RESEARCH..the public high schools in this county had an ACT average score 1 point higher than this school. As for the christian atmosphere, the teachers play solitaire, cruise facebook and tell the kids to "shut up" constantly, not exactly a "fine christian example" if you ask me.

Posted April 11, 2011

This school once had promise but has really gone downhill over the past 4 years. The leadership is truly pathetic and quite honestly, scary. Please look out for dishonesty and people who hide "behind christianity". This school does not value people,and it is so sad. I will be moving my children to another private school next year and I feel sorry for anyone who walks into this place, I really will not be surprised to see it close. The enrollment has plummeted recently and they are barely holding on to 447 students. PLEASE do your research on this place...scary.

Posted April 4, 2011

In my opinion you cannot beat MJCA. My daughter tests 3 to 4 levels above her current grade and is doing a lot more academic work than our public school friends. The teachers care for the children and love them like their own. You cannot beat the teacher/student ratio. The most important aspect is teaching our children to put Christ first in their life and MJCA definitely does that!

Posted April 3, 2011

This school has been called a "safe haven for losers" both students and faculty. As a former student, I must agree. It is full of kids who would never make it anywhere else.When I left to go to public school (I begged my parents to get me out of there) I was so far behind in math and science (even though I was a straight A student). The public schools offer so much more and have great teachers. I agree with the comment on watching a basketball game at MJCA-it is unbelievable-parents and students make COMPLETE fools out of themselves. RUN don't walk away from this school.

Posted April 2, 2011

This school has subpar teachers and NO leadership and the athletics programs are horrible. It is a "ggod old boys" network where even terrible teachers stay because they have "buddies" in administration. I would NEVER recommend this school. Math and Science is very weak.

Posted April 2, 2011

OPINION ONLY: a great failure of a school that had potential many years ago. Recent and current leadership is almost comical. A handful of great teachers reside at MJCA (at least the ones that have not been fired or driven away). However, most of the teachers are uniquely unqualified to serve as daily mentors and role models to the student body. The school appears to be a safe haven for under-achieving adults that pose as "teachers". This school could bounce back but not until someone with true authority takes a deeper look and establishes an independent committee to find the root problem(s). After thought: go watch a basketball at MJCA and take note of the worst parental behavior in the state........a true embarassment to our great community.

Posted July 17, 2010

I have a child in middle school and a child in elementary school at Mount Juliet Christian Academy. Both of my children have attended MJCA since preschool. My children are receiving a wonderful Christian education. They are taught daily by teachers who love the Lord and who love them. My youngest child struggled with self-doubt while taking tests and her teachers were wonderful about working with her and helping her become more self-confident. They were the perfect balance of loving yet firm. My children are receiving an excellent education here at MJCA. Being a small school, they are able to give everyone a chance at the sports teams. My oldest is more academically inclined than sports-minded, but he gets a chance to play on the soccer team which he would never have at a larger school. I am VERY happy with Mount Juliet Christian Academy and recommend it to everyone.

Posted January 13, 2010

I see a lot about curriculum but its the same curriculum you use if you home school. Abeka or Bob Jones which are both bland but very Christian. My children went there for two years and had great teachers, unfortunately the school lacks leadership and vision. It is tied to a church that does not want it and the sports programs are awful.

Asian 4% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 1%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• ACSI
  • SBACS
Fax number
  • (615) 758-3662

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious