Ungraded
Mount Juliet, TN

Posted May 29, 2014
I do believe that this school's staff mean well but the final product is just not good. Many here think that because they are paying for a "private" education, it is better but this is not the case. I was disappointed in the teacher and administration's credentials. My child summed it up when he said "This is a school with good intentions but it is 15-20 years behind as far as the curriculum, standards and the facility go." He also wanted to play sports for a "real" school and so we chose public.

Posted May 23, 2014
The Administration here is atrocious. Some people like it and think it is very attentive but don't be fooled. They do not care about anything other than trying to improve their academic rating, even at the expense of the kids.

Posted February 27, 2014
Excellent godly teachers, curriculum, and facilities. If you want your kids to excel academically and spiritually than this is the place.

Posted November 09, 2013
I have 2 children at MJCA and am very happy. My oldest went to DCA and hated it. She loves this school and it is more affordable. They just added on a new children's wing and I would not change a thing.

Posted September 04, 2013
I hate to be negative so I will start with a positive...the office staff is very friendly. Otherwise I have to say the teachers lack credentials, high turnover, outdated technology and REALLY bad athletics are what made us move to another private school. I will just say you need to tour Friendship and DCA and then go tour MJCA, the differences are HUGE and very obvious. We didn't leave angry, we just realized our children were not getting a good education, it was third rate, at best.

Posted July 22, 2013
This school tries hard but simply does not meet the standards if other private and public schools in the area. We were there for two years but were not hAppy with the mindless gossip and drama and mediocre staff and curriculum . If you want your precious child to be coddled and not see the real world this is the place for you.

Posted June 26, 2013
We have 3 children attending this wonderful school and could not be more pleased with the school setting and the dedicated teachers. The teachers go beyond to ensure your child is getting what they need. I am so happy that those I asked when searching for a school for my children all referred us to MJCA because it feels like a perfect fit!

Posted June 20, 2013
My son attended their pre-k program and had a great experience, especially compared to the daycares in the area. The teachers were actual teachers, degree and all! Communication between teachers and parents seemed strong. The rooms were always clean and organized. My son never complained about going to school. Overall, I would say they have the strongest Pre-K program in Mt. Juliet. We opted for public school for elementary so I don't know much about the other grades. Personally, we felt the public schools in Mt. Juliet were strong enough and didn't merit the large financial investment of private school. If you're looking for a strong Pre-K program then this is definitely where you want to be! I toured and/or tried just about all of them in the area and was incredibly disappointed at what is offered. I'm very glad we found MJCA. We had a great experience and are grateful for the time my son had there.

Posted April 16, 2013
We had children in MJCA for 7 years. I assumed MJCA had improved, however, last week a parent told me about things which led me to believe nothing much has changed. They fired their Bible teacher and replaced her with coaches teaching the Bible. So much for the Bible being important. The school has more sports per capita than other schools. The profanity of the football staff is inexcusable, but tolerated by the administration and parents. Just for fun, google TSSAA for score history. There was always mindless gossip and drama among the moms who loitered after the day started. Moms, please go home! It's all economics. With such a thin profit margin, if people threaten to withdraw their kids, they win, and the teacher that may be doing a good job has to go. At contract time no reason is given, the contract is just not renewed. Goal: appease parents to stay employed. The Christian element was strong in the elementary school, but lacking in secondary, or at least not enough to justify the cost. We didn't leave in anger, we just didn't see benefits of staying. We disliked the messy classrooms and unstable atmosphere. "Modest tuition" means "We don't pay our teachers well."

Mount Juliet Christian Academy 4

Posted November 09, 2012
My son is in the 12th grade at MJCA and have read all the posts. This is his first year. My son has been in a few private schools in Nashville and Colorado. In his 7th and 8th grade he was in a private school Evergreen, CO. with a teacher-student ration of 4-1 and significantly more expensive than MJCA. 9th through 11th we attended a school in Brentwood which was a lot less expensive than 7th and 8th grade. But still 4x times the cost of MJCA. We are very happy at MJCA. We are getting the same education that I received when I was in public school in Nashville graduating in 1975. It is a hidden tax in allowing our children to have educators that care, to be semi-crime free, and not to have the overhead of the public school system. It was not by price, but be choice, that we enter MJCA in his senior year. For the nay-sayers with the lower scores in rating the school. If you are a parent then be a parent. It is not up to MJCA to install values in our children or be responsible for poor performance. This is our responsibility. If you are the students then get real. MJCA provides you a great opportunity. Take advantage of this and study your butts off.

Mount Juliet Christian Academy