Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Bullying at this school is a major problem

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

The school ineffectively support students with learning differences.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Leadership of this school is ineffective. Do not recommend.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The adults don't have character so the students don't either.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I would never send any child to this school ever!

Amount of homework: Neutral

No comment on this topic as it doesn't relate to my post.

My child started school at MJCA in the 5th grade. He had a very healthy self-image and a positive view of everything in general, until he was the recipient of over-the-top bullying that goes on at MJCA. He was determined to overcome and navigate through until he was beaten up by a gang of his classmates at a high school football game. This is not something our family had ever encountered as we have been involved in private education in Middle Tennessee for many years, inclusive of my older children. This was our first inception into MJCA. When the administration was addressed with the grievances, the reply was that our son was considered an outsider by the students since he didn't begin with his class in kindergarten. In fact, the administration did nothing to the bullies, at which time the bullies bragged to my son that they got off scott-free. We asked our son to let us move him to another school and he didn't want to be a quitter and let ones run him off. To this day, several years after removing our child after 2.5 years of egregious treatment of that horrible school, it seems my child has not recovered and has a terrible self-image. He exhibits someone that has been emotionally abused. He actually began believing the things that the students said to him and others who were considered the outsiders. MJCA needs to advertise that if you do not enroll in kindergarten that you are not welcome there. We regret not making our son leave though he had determination to make it work and, yet, that is a good character quality but it was ever so detrimental to his well-being. I hope other prospective parents will please heed this message and protect your children in their most vulnerable time in their life.

I have multiple children at MJCA, and have experienced elementary school all the way through, and some of secondary school there. I am really writing a review in hopes that the administration reads these reviews from time to time and prayerfully considers the validity of them. Overall, our elementatry experience was great, but there are a few teachers in the upper elementary grades that are absolutely not private school material. Parents are afraid to speak up to the administration, for the most part, and when they do, their concerns are dismissed. That said, this is true in any school environment. One simply hopes for a bit more when they are spending money for their children to attend a school. On the flipside, there are also many teachers who are the cream of the crop, and they are the ones who set the tone for our experience thus far. The school also has been growing their fine arts program, and has excellent music and art teachers. As far as academics, all I know is that in the realm of standardized testing, my children test very high, and because those tests are not based on internal comparisons, I can only assume that they are learning well at MJCA. I, personally, appreciate the approach to homework, and feel thta some parents view a lot of homework as a benchmark of a school's worthiness, but I appreciate that at MJCA in the elementary and early middle level, ample time is given to complete work in class for those who wish to do so. I do feel that strong leadership is very lacking, and this is particularly evident at the secondary level. The Christian influence at the secondary level is fairly nominal, and it is here where I think MJCA is greatly failing. I don't anticipate that our children will remain at MJCA through the entirety of their secondary years, and this would be the primary reason.

I do believe that this school's staff mean well but the final product is just not good. Many here think that because they are paying for a "private" education, it is better but this is not the case. I was disappointed in the teacher and administration's credentials. My child summed it up when he said "This is a school with good intentions but it is 15-20 years behind as far as the curriculum, standards and the facility go." He also wanted to play sports for a "real" school and so we chose public.

The Administration here is atrocious. Some people like it and think it is very attentive but don't be fooled. They do not care about anything other than trying to improve their academic rating, even at the expense of the kids.

Last modified Mount Juliet Christian Academy is a Private school