Mount Juliet, TN
Students enrolled: 1,383
After care: No

Mt. Juliet Middle School 2

Posted March 12, 2015
Past 2 yrs my child has failed Science because the teachers don't give homework. 6th grade teacher told me she doesn't think kids learn from reading through the book to find answers. Well that's how you learn. I have talked to the 7th grade science teacher about it and she said they do homework in class. Just none of it is graded (which she never told me). I emailed her explaining the situation with no response. Some children need homework because they don't do well in pressured test situations but these 2 young teachers who want a life outside of school and not grading homework, just don't care in my books. My child is passing every class with average or above average grades due to homework and test's scores. Find teacher's who are actually willing to do their jobs right and willing to help the children anyway they can. Instead of sending notes home they are failing due to your incompetent teaching. I think you should let kids pick a few friends at the end of each yr to be in there group the next year, so they have a friend to continue to grow up with. You should also offer language classes as extra classes for those who want to learn languages early.

Posted October 27, 2014
My son is an 8th Grader and has had a GREAT experience in this middle school. Great Teachers and Amin.

Posted July 30, 2014
My children have both had amazing experiences at the Middle School. My son just finished 8th grade and I feel he is VERY prepared for high school. My daughter is entering 7th grade and hasn't had any of the issues I so worried about. Love the teachers and staff!

Posted February 19, 2014
Since my child has gotten there, he has had problems with the teachers. He has always been quiet and shy, but he has been feeling intimidated and I'm starting to feel that way too. I have sent emails and tried to get a call back, months back. Concerns about them not letting him use the bathroom to bigger issues. I need to take him out because he is so uncomfortable.

Posted October 28, 2013
This school is challenging if you get the correct teachers. Some teachers, like Mr. Rezny, are PLAIN RUDE AND HARSH. Great LA teachers and great science teachers!!

Mt. Juliet Middle School 4

Posted July 14, 2013
This will be my last year at MJMS. Overall, the school is great but could use a few touch-ups. Most of the bathroom stalls there are horrible and are broken. We get plenty of money from Cookie dough and it could be used to fix that. I love the teachers there and I have had great experiences with them, however I thought it was completely crazy how they take away a teacher IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCHOOL YEAR. I wont go into detail about that. However some of the teachers and staff there are just plain rude. Not only rude to students but rude to parents. It seems as if this school is striving to be the best in the state, and that isnt going to happen unless they make some changes around there. The school int as focused or strict on grades until TCAP comes around, which is pretty sad. There is lots of chaos with the kids most of the time in classrooms. Some of those 'kids' do not make the best grades but end up passing to the next grade level. I hope that if you consider sending your child here you will think twice about it first. And if you DO send them here, make sure you know whats going on in their school life and what type of grades theyre making. Have a great school year

Posted May 26, 2013
Well, I haven't been yet, but I hear that it is a great school! I am really looking forward to seeing and going there! I just hope my boyfriend is in the same classes as me :) lol!

Posted March 05, 2013
Well the school was great when my A+ child went just a few years ago, but now that I have a child that is special needs they are horrible. I can stand the school and I really am losing all faith in the special ed dept at wilson county !!! If your child has special needs GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Posted November 17, 2012
I am a current student at tis school and I must say it has been amazing expirence! The school staff is amazing!

Posted August 17, 2012
Having my child attend this school has been the worst experience of my familys life. Their sports department is chaos, unprofessional and allows bullying. They do not announce tryouts and refused to allow my child the opportunity to try out for the sport team.

Mt. Juliet Middle School
3565 North Mount Juliet Road, Mount Juliet, TN  37122
Last modified Mt. Juliet Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mt. Juliet Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top