No rating

Mt Juliet Montessori Academy

Private | PK-6 | 85 students

We're best known for excellence in providing nurturing,whole-child education.

Student diversity

Living in Mount Juliet

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $181,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $730.

Posted May 15, 2014

Both of my boys learn on different levels and are allowed to grow to the highest level in areas they are strong in, and pushed to achieve a higher level of learning in areas they are not. Debi Miller, their Lead Teacher, is amazing at classroom management to keep all children working and learning, in a peaceful environment.

Posted November 4, 2013

My daughter started Mt. Juliet Montessori Academy this year as a n elementary student. This has so far been the best educational experience we have ever had. The staff is amazing and her teacher is the kind you dream about having for your child. This is also our first experience with a montessori style education and I cannot believe this method and style of teaching is not more prominent in the education experience for children. an example of the work they do is called a field study which allows the children to pick a subject they are interested in and learn all they can and then present what they have learned to the class including visual aids, real time experience, interviews, and whatever they used as references. This may sound like a lot for young children and yet it was amazing to see how intelligent and creative they were! I highly recommend this school and especially my child's teacher Ms. Lauren Frangos.

Posted August 2, 2012

My child has been tested as highly gifted, she had started a MJM at 2 1/2 because she was already so advance in her verbal and cognitive skills I could not wait for preK to start. She thrived and was so advanced in her reading when she started public school they could not keep up with her needs. I returned to MJM after 1 year and half trying to make public school work. She just finished 1st grade with a 5th grade reading and most likely 4th grade math. But all of this is because of the Montessori method that allows a child to be in a class room with other grades, allows individual growth and confidence building tasks. MJM has done that with great compassion and respect for the children. They work hard to give each child a chance to excel past their "Grade" or expectation, in a very nurturing environment. I recommend this school highly, and plan to keep my child in as log as I can.

Posted February 20, 2012

This school is amazing. My child has developmental delays and I cannot imagine them getting a better education and care anywhere else! The teachers are very caring and were actually actively involved in helping me to seek out an official diagnosis and treatment plan for my child. As far as the actual school, the Montessori education structure is very cool. My child is in an open class with students of other ages and is able to really learn in a way that is concrete and natural. I love this school and cannot recommend it enough to anyone who asks me about it!

Posted January 19, 2012

A good school only if your child has no concerns socially or developmentally. My child has some concerns that are new to the school. I am frustuated by the lack of motivation and communication between the school and me. All my communications which are informational about my childs concern get no reply from the teachers. I have to always be the one to ask them did you get my email. Can we talk. My childs doctor too sent an email to the school authorities and no response from anyone. I am disappointed by the lack of interest shown. It is very disheartening. I expected more from a school that touts its montessori values.

Posted April 23, 2009

My kids have really taken off and enjoyed education since starting at MJMA. The teachers always spend a considerable amount of time with each student ensuring each one's success. I can't imagine having my children anywhere else!

Special education / special needs

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Autism
  • Significant developmental delay
  • Specific learning disabilities
  • Speech and language impairments
  • Differentiated learning programs

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Creative writing
  • Drama

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • English as a second language.
  • Spanish

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:00 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Director: Debra Miller
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • www.MJMAcademy.com
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • Infant
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Every child learns at their own pace.
  • Gifted / high performing
  • Significant developmental delay
  • Specific learning disabilities
  • Speech and language impairments
Foreign languages taught
  • English as a second language.
  • Spanish

• Acceleration
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Mentoring
  • Other programs as needed.
  • Art room
  • Computer lab
  • Learning lab
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations

Arts & music

Performing arts
  • Creative writing
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom