Bad
Good

I have had one child attend EPE from Kindergarten all the way through 5th grade. And my 2nd is now a 1st grader. The teachers have been wonderful (we did have one bad year but that teacher has moved on and it was several years ago). We love EPE!

EPE has an amazing staff committed to teaching our kids to learn and grow. I am so glad that we chose to send my daughter to school there! From the moment you walk through the door, you are made to feel like family. I can't imagine sending my daughter anywhere else.

My granddaughter is enjoying her time at Elzie D. Patton Elementary School. All of her teachers are her favorites and she has not had a teacher that she didn't feel bad when the year was over. She likes all of them and the principal, too. She is quite a socializer and a lot of teachers speak to her when we are out in public. She is in a reading class with kids that read on the same higher grade level and she is thriving. She is encouraged at school as well as at home to do her best. Every year she worries that the next year will be hard because this year wasn't and she knows she has so much to learn. She thought multiplication was going to be more memorizing than she could handle, but she got through it fine. The teachers are patient and many of her teachers have been about her Mom's age (young) and she connects with them. I hope she will finish elementary school at Elzie D. Patton.

My son is getting ready to start 2nd grade in the fall. We have had a great experience at EPES. The teachers are great & I feel like my son has learned so much. I would recommend this school to others.

This school year has been a nightmare we have addressed issues with principal and teaching staff nothing has been resolved our children will not be attending EPES next school year.

Excellent school!! Teachers and Administration are very supportive and my child loves going to school. Great Leadership school!

Elzie Patton is a Great School for your kids! Great Teachers and Great Students! My kids go to this school and have a great education because of it. I would recommend this school to anyone looking in this area.

The teachers our kids have are very unorganized. The focus too much on leadership and less on academics. The worse part is if you are in the school zone then our kids are forced to go this school or else choose a private school. Leaders are born not made and how is it right to force these leaderhsip skills on kids who are interested in being leaders. The teachers are not innnovative in their teaching skills. They lack the ability to keep the kids focussed in class. Teachers are shielded a lot. The staff is unfriendly.

To the parent who switched their daughter out of EPE to Lakeview after three weeks: I am trying to do the same thing and would like to ask you a few questions. How can I get in contact with you?

My daughter's kindergarten teacher was wonderful. She was very caring, dedicated, and organized. The office staff is very helpful and efficient.

Last modified Elzie D. Patton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.