Bad
Good

As a former student, I recognize the dedication my old teachers and administrators put in to helping me meet my goals. Even several years after graduation, the faculty has never ceased to make themselves available if I never need help. For example, my old chemistry teacher would tutor me when I was struggling in my college chemistry class. They taught me how to succeed, not just academically, but in the real world. Not many students can say that they had an amazing high school experience, but I did. Not just because of my friends, but because of everyone at MJHS who put in the time to help me get to where I want to be. Every school has things they can improve on, but my time here was just about as perfect as any high school experience could be. Bear Pride, Mt. Juliet High.

everything at this school is magnificent..

MJHS had 18 AP Scholars last year. How many other high schools in Middle Tennessee can make that claim? Our advanced and honors courses are first-class. A student who is willing to put in the effort can get an education that allows him/her to compete at any university in the nation.

As a parent of a graduate of this school, and another child who will graduate this year, I have great admiration for the overall performance of the faculty and staff. That is not to say there aren't opportunities to be seized to make things better. My elder child is a freshman enrolled in a mechanical engineering program, and has been well prepared for the math courses in college. My younger child has attained a 29 on ACT exams, and has had tremendous opportunities for leadership roles at school. If there were one concern, it must be the consistency of enforcement of the rules. Where there is inconsistency, there is a degradation of respect towards authority, and an impact on morale. The guidance office is not as proactive or attuned to 'guidance issues' as I would hope them to be. The strong focus on football--perhaps just a 'southern thing.'

Last modified Mt. Juliet High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.