Mt Juliet, TN
Students enrolled: 1,901

Mt. Juliet High School 5

Posted January 31, 2009
everything at this school is magnificent..

Posted December 31, 2008
MJHS had 18 AP Scholars last year. How many other high schools in Middle Tennessee can make that claim? Our advanced and honors courses are first-class. A student who is willing to put in the effort can get an education that allows him/her to compete at any university in the nation.

Posted April 22, 2008
As a parent of a graduate of this school, and another child who will graduate this year, I have great admiration for the overall performance of the faculty and staff. That is not to say there aren't opportunities to be seized to make things better. My elder child is a freshman enrolled in a mechanical engineering program, and has been well prepared for the math courses in college. My younger child has attained a 29 on ACT exams, and has had tremendous opportunities for leadership roles at school. If there were one concern, it must be the consistency of enforcement of the rules. Where there is inconsistency, there is a degradation of respect towards authority, and an impact on morale. The guidance office is not as proactive or attuned to 'guidance issues' as I would hope them to be. The strong focus on football--perhaps just a 'southern thing.'

Mt. Juliet High School 3

Posted February 19, 2005
I dont think the teachers are as qualified as the school leads you to believe. Especially in the AP/Honors area. I dont put much trust in the administration even with a new principal.

Mt. Juliet High School 4

Posted February 19, 2005
As a parent of a current student and two past graduates, I know MJHS is a school that offers a wide variety of classes. Some are not so tough and others are quite challenging. Numerous dual enrollment classes (with a local community college), numerous Advanced Placement classes and numerous Honors classes are offered as well as regular study classes. A very strong technology curriculum is offered as well as a good variety of vocational classes. A wide assortment of extra curricular activities, sports, and clubs are available to the students. The faculty is greatly varied in age, years of teaching, and personalities. The classes are scheduled on block scheduling, which has worked beautifully in most cases. The facility, itself, is maintained and the students feel secure in their safety. Not being pleaed with EVERY aspect of MJHS, I am still glad my children receive(d) their public education there.

Mt. Juliet High School 4

Posted February 10, 2005
I graduated from MJHS in 1979 and have two children that will have graduated in the spring. Like any school, public or private, parents must be active in their child's education. We have had nothing but positive experiences. My son had to transfer to another school for one year and hated it. Prior to the transfer, he mouthed about school like most kids do. We moved back into the district and he was so grateful to be back and appreciative of what he'd always had in the MJ schools. Mr. Brown is making some very positive changes in the school and in the sense of community felt by the students. The honors classes are college level and helped my daughter breeze through college. Like everything else in this life, you get out of it what you put into it.

Mt. Juliet High School 3

Posted January 30, 2005
Opertunities are available at this school,but don't expect the administration to help you. You must actively motivate your child to explore these opertunities or they will miss out. Life is not fair at Mt. Juliet and parents must constantly explain this to their children.

Mt. Juliet High School 1

Posted January 21, 2005
Worst school I have ever dealt with. They are far more concerned with wether or not your child is wearing a belt than they are if they are getting a good education.

Mt. Juliet High School 5

Posted August 05, 2004
Have two children who have graduated from MJHS and each of them are well adjusted going to college (they are going to different colleges)and both are doing excellent. Teachers and Staff MJHS are caring and involved. If there are problems MJHS Teachers and Staff are willing to listen and help. I reccommend the school highly. The block scheduling is working better than I would have ever expected. I would score the school and its employees the highest possible rating.

Mt. Juliet High School 1

Posted April 23, 2004
I was called to pick up my son at school. When I got to the school I was told that my son had gone home but they could not tell who he had gone home with. My family spent a frantic afternoon looking for my son in a rain storm. My son came home on the school bus. He was at the school the whole time. I have absolutely no trust in the adminstration of this school. This school lies to parents. It is very hard for a parent to be involve with a school that lies.

1875 Golden Bear Gateway, Mt Juliet, TN  37122
Last modified Mt. Juliet High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mt. Juliet High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top