Rutland Elementary School

Public | PK-6 | 738 students

Posted August 6, 2014

We came from a low-performing school in another county in Tennessee. This school is one of the top reasons we moved to Mount Juliet, and we were blown away from day one. The parent/teacher contact is fantastic, parent involvement is obviously high, and best of all... My child is thriving and happy to be there every day.

Posted June 3, 2014

We were new to the area and my son who was not so fond of school LOVED Rutland he's never done so well in school. The teachers go above and beyond. I think it's a great school no complaints from me.

Posted August 5, 2013

As a parent and teacher at Rutland, I would say, hands down, this school is top notch! I have taught in other schools and districts and this school far exceeds any i have been a part of! The staff at Rutland doesn't just come to school to work. Rutland is a part of us! We are a family and share a common goal and that is to ensure success for every child. I can not think of a better place for my own child to grow and learn! Some people are never happy and judge harshly without truly knowing the truth. You cannot find a more competent, hard working, and dedicated group of people! Each child is treated as an individual and loved no matter what their background, religion, race, economics, or academic ability. The staff at Rutland has a passion for children and learning! We are constantly seeking better ways to serve the Mt. Juliet community. There is NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND at Rutland Elementary! Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 27, 2013

Rutland Elementary Is a very Right wing Religious facility. We are asked on more than one occasion if we were Christians and we treated badly when we stated we are Buddhist. We are not from the south and was alarmed that all the english teachers have very thick southern accents and do not speak correct english or even comprehend how the rest of the world works. It is a very closed minded and religious and republican based school. If you are a free thinker or have have above average intelligence do not let your child go here...they do not set a good example for the children. If you want a child with a Low I.Q and taught to have no thought of his own and have religion forced down their throat then pick this school. I thought there was such a thing as separation between Church and State...Apparently Tennessee is too busy misinterpreting the Bible to have heard about that Law.

Posted April 22, 2012

Organised , dedicated teachers,focusing on child development. Involving them in projects and other activities.satisfied. Organised , dedicated teachers,focusing on child development. Involving them in projects and other activities.satisfied.Organised , dedicated teachers,focusing on child development. Involving them in projects and other activities.satisfied Organised , dedicated teachers,focusing on child development. Involving them in projects and other activities.satisfied

Posted November 14, 2010

My son started Kindergarten at Rutland Elementary this year. I have no previous school experience to base my opinion of this school on, but from what I have experienced with the teachers and principals at Rutland, I couldn't ask for more. During his 2 week fall break, he would cry some nights because he wasn't going to school the next day and he missed his teacher and his friends so much. His teacher is great. She has personally worked with my son through some behavioral issues he was having at the beginning of the year. She kept in constant contact with me through email during this adjustment period. If he has a rough day, she gives me a little note of explanation of what happened, so we can talk about it at home and work out what went wrong at school. Love this school!

Posted June 22, 2010

This is a wonderful school! The teachers, principal and parents all work together to help ensure each child had the best education possible. This school rivals the best private schools in the area.

Posted May 13, 2010

I have my son studying here and we moved to US from India in 2009 and he got quickly adopted to the culture the school. He is always having a great opinion about the school and his teachers. And we parents also feel that this was a great decision to put him in Rutland.

Posted September 14, 2009

I have a grandchild at this school and have been to visit the school and think it is a great school 5 stars

Posted September 9, 2009

I had the privilege of working at Rutland for 3 1/2 years as a teachers' assistant and it broke my heart to leave this school. From the moment I stepped through the door, I felt welcome. Rutland has a huge family environment whose #1 concern is the children. We all worked very closely to help each child succeed beyond anything they could possibly imagine. Also, I had the honor of learning more from everyone at this school...especially from the children, which made my time at Rutland a life changing experience for me. If you have a chance to have your child at Rutland, you can guarantee that they will be enveloped with love and support. I truly miss this school!

Posted July 21, 2009

This is a great school to teach in. I have been at another Wilson County School and taught there for many years. I tranfered to RES so that I didn't have such a long commute time each day to school and I am so happy that I did! The parents are great and the teaching personnel, teacher assistants, front office staff and Principals are the absolute best!! If your child has an opportunity to attend this school versus a 'private school', you should choose Rutland !!

Posted May 5, 2009

This is a Great School! My child has been going here for over a year now and he loves it! It is so great when your child looks forward to going to school everyday. He is finishing up kindergarten and I am so impressed with how much he has learned in so little time. His teacher has been wonderful! I find the environment at Rutland to be loving and encouraging, making every child feel important. The only drawback for me is the classes are too large from the growth of Mt. Juliet but hopefully this will soon change.

Posted March 15, 2009

My children have gone to Lakeview in Wilson co and I would say that Rutland is far better my child was about to be in the 3rd grade again but he went to Rutland and now has a's and b's!!!! I love my kids school!!!

Posted March 11, 2009

I was not impressed. They wanted me to medicate my child more than to work with my child. He is attending a new school, and is so much happier. They actually work with us, and are more involved. This is a great school for normal kids, but if your child needs special attention, then you may want to move somewhere else.

Posted October 7, 2008

I have no idea where this website is getting its information, but there is obviously a disconnect. the site rates this school a 7, but the parents give it a 10. Believe the parents. I absolutely could not be happier with this school. They are extremely organized and communicate beautifully to parents. The only drawback is in the school district and the fact that the county has to be pushed into even decent levels of funding.

Posted April 18, 2008

I have had the opportunity to have taught in a private school, a public city school, and at Rutland Elementary, which is a county school. All I can say is --that this place is the real deal. The community, parents and staff are by far the best I have ever worked with in my 28 years of teaching. If, your looking for a true, caring, and nurturing school that stress academics and student success than this is the place. A very happy Teacher

Posted April 18, 2008

This school is simply amazing! EVERY student is treated like they are the most important person in the world! There is wonderful communication and always something planned for family fun! the teachers and staff are the best youwill find!

Posted December 12, 2007

Took my failing davidson county child to straight A's in less than 1 month! The school and staff are wonderful !

Posted May 5, 2007

Rutland Elementary is one giant family. Every staff member goes above and beyond their work day to ensure every student is challenged, loved, listened to, and respected. When you walk through the school doors, you are enveloped in loving arms. There is no other place for my children!

Posted May 5, 2007

I have taught at this school for five years. I have four children that also attend Rutland. There is no other place that I would rather work. I have placed my children in the very best of hands. Rutland's faculty is compassionate, patient, loving, and above all, dedicated to each student and their family. Family is number one. Rutland is a family. I am so happy to have found this site so I may give back just a little to this amazing school.

Math

The state average for Math was 59% in 2013.

Reading/Language Arts

The state average for Reading/Language Arts was 49% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 84% in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Tennessee used the Tennessee Comprehensive Assessment Program (TCAP) Achievement Test to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading/language arts, math, science and social studies. The TCAP is a standards-based test that measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Tennessee. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Math

The state average for Math was 49% in 2013.

Reading/Language Arts

The state average for Reading/Language Arts was 48% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 56% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 88% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 57% in 2013.

Reading/Language Arts

The state average for Reading/Language Arts was 55% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 63% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 87% in 2013.

Writing

Math

The state average for Math was 45% in 2013.

Reading/Language Arts

The state average for Reading/Language Arts was 57% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 62% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 87% in 2013.

All Students83%

White94%
Economically disadvantaged88%
Students with disabilities76%

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 65% in 2013.

English I

The state average for English I was 68% in 2013.

Algebra I

English I

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 8% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 31%N/A55%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1995 South Rutland Rd