Munford, TN

Posted January 24, 2014
Munford Elementary is a great school because of its teachers. Mrs. Barbara Keen rocks in first grade. She is a awesome teacher and cares about her students.

Munford Elementary School 4

Posted January 16, 2014
My child is in 5th grade with 3 teachers. One teacher does not challenge the students at all. Her work is about 2 grade levels below. One just gives worksheet after worksheet....nothing creative is done in class. The last is a real winner. She doesn't assign homework or send home graded papers, except about once a month. She teaches, records grade, and moves on. My second child's teacher is much better. She differentiates and gives the students a chance to make a better/passing grade by re-doing work.

Munford Elementary School 1

Posted January 16, 2014
We will see what Mrs. V does about the bulling! Maybe there can be a resolution to all this madness!

Posted January 14, 2014
THis is in reference to the last post........ As a parent of this school, I think it is a great place. I have two kids that are in Munford schools and do not have any complaints. My question is...have you talked to the teacher? have discussed this problem with her or the administration? Kids are kids and adults / teachers are working hard to make a difference and help 20 to 28 kids learn the basics they need. As a volunteer, I see how kids manipulate things and other are down right bullies. It is not tolerated at this school. It all comes down to communication. I suggest volunteering and you will see that I have seen....compassion and caring teachers who are working hard to help my kids learn what they need to prepare for future grades. I hope you can get to the bottom of the problem and assure you that Mrs. V will find a solution to the problem.

Posted January 14, 2014
I am a parent of a student who was lucky enough to have Lexi Parrish as a teacher. She is an EXCELLENT teacher!!!!! I applaud her way of teaching the kids and allowing them to have fun and learn at the same time. She thinks outside of the box and that is what my child needed. To expand his thinking and learn. Her personal attention and time with each student was priceless. MES has a zero tolerance for bullying. If the child came home with bruises, I feel the parent should have gone to the school and discussed this with administration. I applaude Mrs. Parrish and hope she continues to teach for years to come!!!!

Munford Elementary School 4

Posted February 24, 2013
Munford Elementary has been a wonderful experience for my family. I have twin Kindergarteners in separate classes. Julie Ligon and Amanda Murphy are EXCELLENT teachers. I have no complaints. The feedback and interaction I have had with the teachers and front office have been professional and courteous.

Posted February 23, 2013
We couldn't be happier with the education and care our three children have received. Our children range from disabled to gifted and their special needs have been met through their dedicated staff of teachers, aides and an engaged administration. It's nice to be a part of a school that hasn't let the fear of showing affection affect its daily routine. Kids feel loved and encouraged which boosts their confidence. School functions overflow with parent attendance and school pride is evident everywhere.

Posted June 02, 2012
If a child was worn out shoes that are falling apart or if they have head lice, I can understand the administration calling and asking as you put it"Is there anything we can do?" that sounds more like a school that cares about its families and kids not a school that is judging you or writing you off. All of us need help sometimes!! I had to go on food stamps for a year and it was the hardest thing for me to do. ....but it was only because i was prideful. Sometimes...you just need help and it is nice to see they take the time to notice that my child needs help and then find solutions to get us through it.

Posted October 28, 2011
Munford Elementary is a fantastic school. Everyone from the administration to the teachers cares about students and their success. MES is an effective, nurturing school with academic excellence.

Munford Elementary School 3

Posted September 13, 2011
I agree with what another parent said on here and this school is rather intrusive. If your childs clothes are not perfect or they dare to sweat you will get a phone call asking if everything is all right and if you need help. They do seem think they know how to be a better parent to your child then you. That said most of the teachers are great and as a whole I think it's a good school.

Munford Elementary School
1200 McLaughlin Dr, Munford, TN  38058
Last modified Munford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Munford Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top