Murfreesboro, TN

Posted October 24, 2013
I have a son currrently @ CLA and we are having the absolute worst experience. He is currently in 3rd grade. When he was in 1st grade we were manipulated into holding him back. Although I didn't want this the current principal convienced me this was best. I have since seen many studies of African American boys being miseducated in the school systems to an epicademic proportions. Currently my son's teacher show's zero lack of concern. She doesn't compliment him when he does well & puts his failures in BIG BOLD RED! My wife and I asked the principal for help. We had a conference with the teacher - she smiled & said " he's doing fine don't worry". The behavior continued! Finally my wife became fed up and asked the teacher to stop this as we view this as a ploy to intimidate. During the parent teacher conference we could sense this teacher has no interest in truly helping our son. We have requested a meeting with the teacher and principal. We have made calls and even emails and have receieved no response. We are now looking to move our child to another school. This school is going in the wrong direction! She allows him 2 sit in class & not try. All I ask for is collaboration with us!

Posted September 12, 2013
The principle is arrogant and worthless. Most of these teachers are very lazy and will only teach to the the tcap test. NOTHING more. My daughters have been bullied here and the staff say its not their problem and try to brush the parents complaints under the rug. I have had to go to the school board for many issues, because the principle can never be reached or he won't respond to phone calls or email. Beware of this school!

Posted March 27, 2013
I'm a parent of a 3rd and 4th grader at Cason lane Academy. My kids have attended this school since Kindergarten. It is a great school with helpful and caring teachers. The after-school program is also a great benefit for working parents. My kids enjoy the after-school activities and have not only learned skills they may not have been exposed to otherwise, but also have the opportunity to get help with homework.

Cason Lane Academy 3

Posted June 25, 2011
Hello My Name Is Autumn Booker, I Went Here When I Was Either In The Second Or Third Grade, My Teacher Was Ms.McGee She Was A Very Nice Teacher, I Am Now Going Into The 10th Grade At Maplewood Comp High School In Nashville TN The Quality Of Maplewood Is Very Bad Im Lucky I Passed This Yr But When I Was Going To This School I Learned ALOT More, These Nashville Schools Have No Control Of There Class Rooms Up Here And Its Terrible Because If I Was A Teacher Trying To Teach These Bad Kids I Dont No What I Would Do, But This School Help Me ALOT My Grades Went Up And I Just Felt Good About My Grades So If I Lived In The Area Of This School Again, This Would Be The School I Would Want To Go To If I Had The Chance :) !

Posted November 03, 2010
BEWARE...Cason Lane has changed. This use to be a very family friendly school where teachers really cared about the students and their academic success. The teachers now nolonger welcome parental involvement and trying to get them to respond is asking alot. If you are looking for a school where you want to be apart of your childs education and communicate openly with teachers then TRY ANOTHER SCHOOL.

Posted February 04, 2010
I have 3 children, all of which are or have attended Cason Lane Elementary. The faculty and staff have ALWAYS treated me and my children with respect. My children developed a higher self esteem from their encouragement and accomplishments. It is not only the teachers who are great and care about each and every child... and sees them as a person, not just a student , but also the Principal, Assistant Principal, office staff and even the cafeteria staff. Elementary school begins a child's development on their way to growing up and being an adult in a tough society. Cason Lane has the right people and the right tools to help make your child a success.

Posted September 03, 2009

Posted July 16, 2009

Posted January 24, 2009
Two Of my children started attending CLD in December (since our move). I have found this school to have a great standard and they are always watching out for the best in all the kids. Great school to be a part of.

Posted February 20, 2008
this school has the best policies and rules.

Cason Lane Academy
1330 Cason La, Murfreesboro, TN  37128
Last modified Cason Lane Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cason Lane Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top