Murfreesboro, TN

Posted January 30, 2015
My way or the highway mindset. I think it's wrong for a teacher to ostracize a kindergartener period. I believe the children see how that child is being treated, and get the idea that that is a kid that's bad (in their mind). I don't think it takes more than a day or two of the bullying behavior for their wake-up call. It wasn't an acting-out problem, but a work completion issue. Perhaps there's an underlying medical reason, but making one feel ashamed for weeks is certainly not the answer.

Posted November 23, 2014
I absolutely love ESE! The staff, teachers, and principal work each and everyday for the benefit of the students. I personally volunteer weekly at Siegel in my son's classroom and each week I am increasingly overwhelmed by the learning. ESE has several special need classrooms as well as a deaf ed. classroom. As I walk down the hall I see such kindness from student to student. In a time when public education is at it's lowest, ESE is a place that truly cares about kids. I would strongly encourage visiting and seeing for yourself.

Posted October 13, 2014
I have read some of the negative comments regarding Siegel Elementary - I 100% disagree. I have two boys in this school - I have nothing but the highest regard for the principle and the teachers we have been blessed with so far. One of my boys even needed some special arrangements for his learning style and my wife and I meet with his teacher and the principle and a few others too. I LOVE this school and in my opinion the principle does a wonderful job! These are just my experiences.

Posted April 03, 2014
My daughter has been here since 2nd grade. I would recommend this school to anyone

Erma Siegel Elementary School 4

Posted March 23, 2014
I love this school so much. They are great teachers and I am glad that I my son goes here.

Posted January 09, 2014
Incredibly disappointed! I heard good stories about Siegel, but I guess the new principal turned all of that around a few years ago. I wanted to tour the school before enrolling my child and was told I couldn't. I showed up at the school and requested information and was sent away, even though I had proof that they were our zoned elementary and I wasn't some crazy person off of the street. The office staff was incredibly rude. Teachers seemed cold towards the students. Before you enroll your child here, please, please spend a day observing in the class and do your homework. There are affordable private schools in the area that will treat your child properly.
4 people found this helpful

Posted July 29, 2013
I'm going to submit a review, now that the principle can no longer do anything to us. This school is horrid. The principle is abusive to students and her power. She allows teachers and even herself to bully and intimidate students and their parents. I had staff members personally come to my home after I pulled my children out with more sickening bullying stories than I was even aware of. She has my boys so scared that when I picked my kids up from school they would be crying and were too scared to tell me why. When I contacted the board and she found out about it, she gave my oldest son in school suspension. Then used a disability my son has with his hands (makes it painful to write for long periods of time) and made him copy an encyclopedia all day. She even went as far as to laugh about it to get staff. I'm wondering if parents are aware of what is really going on with some of the children?

Posted May 29, 2013
Report it I have been blessed to have my children at Erma Siegel for the past 4 years - this is my daughter's last year there and, fortunately, she is headed to a terrific middle school. But my kids were so fortunate to have been able to attend this school - excellent programs and teachers. Dedicated, kind, and helpful staff. The principal is excellent. I have nothing but the highest praise for ESE.

Erma Siegel Elementary School 2

Posted May 28, 2013
We've been at ESE thru the 3rd grade, and we won't be back for 4th. He's been in speech since Kindergarten. I've met w/ the Principal and Asst. in IEP meetings. The principal is cold and indifferent to a child and their family. We really have never had any problems with my child, but the principal and teachers behave as if we are a burden to them. When I'm in the school as a volunteer, and I pass the principal and try to greet her, she just looks down her nose at me. I volunteer weekly, and have witnessed her speak hatefully to students who weren't walking like soldiers in the hall, I have witnessed a 2nd grade teacher very close to a child's face, showing gritted teeth and putting her finger very close to the child's face and yelling at her, I have witnessed a child crying in the principal's office as she got in his face and screamed at him. Where is the kindness and compassion that children need to learn? Certainly not here. And lastly, my child is a minority, and we've always been treated as if we're not good enough for this school. By the way, my child makes excellent grades, and I volunteer regularly, so what's the problem? I guess I'm not part of the 82%.

Posted May 28, 2013
Very upset with the way Erma Siegel Elementary School lets their teachers bully the children. I thought being a bully was not tolerated, but obviously if you are a teacher it is ok. Very hard year for some sweet 1st graders by the way their teacher treated them. I am speaking of one teacher that I have witnessed and also the affect it has had on this 1st grader. NOT GOOD!! If do not like children ....find another occupation!!

Erma Siegel Elementary School
135 West Thompson Lane, Murfreesboro, TN  37129
Last modified Erma Siegel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Erma Siegel Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top