Bad
Good

We love Discovery School! My daughter has attended the last two years. We have had wonderful teachers, the staff is fabulous and Dr Clark has been an amazing principle. I feel that not only is my daughter receiving a quality education but a well rounded education. I love that my daughter comes home from school happy and feeling loved and nurtured by everyone at her school.

I just can't say enough positive things about this school! My child and myself love her teacher and all of the staff. It is becoming a second family for us. My daughter is learning so much in every aspect... math, reading, science. I just can't say enough and I am hoping my younger will attend the school as well!!! I have high standards and I am just really happy.

My son who is intelligently gifted went to this school. His teachers were Ms. Jones(not there anymore) and Ms. Burt who are awesome teachers who actually care. Only bad thing is some students can't get in because of no seats left because of teacher 'politics' and the staff having their kids there no matter what test scores their kids make.

I'm honestly undecided about how "great" Discovery School is. I want to love it, but for the most part I've been underwhelmed. Many of the "enrichments" are only superficial -- 30 minutes of foreign language instruction each week doesn't accomplish anything. The children would probably benefit more from an extra 30 minutes on the playground. Many of the lessons and activities seem designed more to impress the parents than to benefit the children. The school doesn't have a progressive or creative curiculum; it's the standard state curiculum drilled harder and faster. I haven't yet decided if this is good or bad. There is little to no free playtime even in kindergarten. Technology is not employed in an instructive way; there is virtually no ethnic or class diversity; there are few extracurriculars; field trips are infrequent and uninspired. The teachers are only average but totally adequate (it doesn't take an Anne Sullivan to teach the 3 R's to gifted kids). There's an awful lot of preening and self-congratulation. Overall, the school is good but has plenty of room for improvement. The school's greatest asset is the children themselves, who are undeniably amazing.

My daughter has attended Discovery School since Kindergarten, she is now in the middle half of 6th grade. The environment at this school is one that nurtures, challenges and builds self esteem. The teachers are the best! They engage the kids to make learning and achieving fun. I could not be happier with Discovery or the performance of my child. She loves this school, her teachers and her friends there. Discovery is the only elementary school that completes with middle and high school robotics teams. We always come away with some first place trophies and this year we came in 4th overall. I am very blessed that she has been able to attend here and so is she.

I have never been to a school like Discovery School. I went there for 4 years and loved every minute of it. The teachers there really care for every student and your classmates are extremely fun and nice. The education there is beyond "honors" and the teachers are very creative with their assignments. Students from 4th grade and up receive an apple laptop, which makes the learning so much fun! You can also use these for projects (making powerpoints, movies, songs, etc) Everyone at Discovery was my family, and i miss them like crazy now! If your looking from a homey atmosphere and nicest staff ever... Discovery Schools the place to be :)

My Child attended her for two years. We have since moved to MA to attend the "best schools in the country." What a joke. Our child was way ahead upon getting here. We miss the accessability of the teachers and the environment that not only encouraged learning but made it cool. Excellent school!

My daughter has been in the Discovery School at Reeves Rogers since Kindergarten and I am completely satisfied with the performance of the teachers, students, parents and faculty. This is overall a very impressive and well rounded educational facility, thriving among all other public schools in the district.

My grandchildren attend this school and I can't believe what a top notch school this is....the teachers go above and beyond for the students. These intelligent students enjoy going to school.

Wonderful, awesome, fun, creative, great learning enviroment etc..... Private school education paid for with your tax dollars.

Last modified The Discovery School @ Bellwood is a Public school that serves grades K-6, 8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.