Bad
Good

Posted August 09, 2013
Mitchell Neilson Elementary is a great place to learn new things. My experience there was great, and the teachers were very good at getting to know the students. I surely do miss my years back at Mitchell Neilson Elementary. Now it is time for my younger siblings to enjoy all of what Mitchell Neilson Elementary has to offer.

Posted October 15, 2009
My daughter attended this school from 3rd to 6th grade. The principal, Mr. Lyles makes it a point to remember every childs name. My daughter is now in 11th grade. While registering my son for 3rd grade, Mr. Lyles asked my son if he had an older sister, named Hannah. When a principal takes the time to know every child's name in his school, tells me he is interested in every child's progress. I'm confused as to why one would feel they treat black students differently, being that Mr. Lyles is black.

Mitchell Neilson 4

Posted November 10, 2008
I really like mitchell neilson and my 3rd grader loves the school teacher and what the school has to offer.

Posted May 04, 2005
I am not sure what the other person meant by 'black parents' being treated differently since the principle AND vice principle are both black. Anyway, our son started attending this school this year and we love it! His teacher is a God-send. She has a genuine concern for her class. They have a wonderful music program with an awesome teacher. The ticket program is a great idea and really works! Our son has flourished at this school because of the guidance of the teachers and other staff. We are very happy with this school and plan to allow all of our children to attend here when they are old enough.

Mitchell Neilson 1

Posted January 24, 2005
We do not like this school. We throught that it would be student and parent centered. The parents are not welcomed. The principal seems to have no intrest in parental involvement. Teacher look down on you if you do not have what they think you should hve. We are very dicouraged with this school. Our child will not attend next year and our other children will never attend.

Mitchell Neilson 1

Posted January 21, 2005
this school does not care about the parent. I feel that the principal is not fair to all parents. I am of the white race and i have seen blacks get treated less than they deserve. I feel that this school is going down hill. the ticket program has made my child hate going to school. She has never been in trouble for anything and this school has torn down her self esteem. I will not allow my child and others children to attend next year

Posted December 16, 2004
This school is small, well-disciplined and lead by a wonderful principal, Mr. Lyles. The faculty are dedicated and caring. My child gets a wonderful, small-school experience. Food is terrific, too. It cares for every child as if he or she were the only child. I love this atmosphere of learning. And, the office staff always has a kind word and a quick hello for me.

Mitchell Neilson
711 West Clark Boulevard, Murfreesboro, TN  37129
Last modified Mitchell Neilson is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.