Murfreesboro, TN

Mitchell Neilson Primary School 4

Posted September 27, 2013
I've had children in MNE and MNP for 23 years (no typo). MNE had strong leadership at times and poor leadership at times. The current principle is awesome and engaged. She's in her second year over both schools. The former principal (MNE) was a nice person, obviously loved children, but simply an incompetent administrator in my opinion. Prior, the schools had been award winners and often recognized. The present principal is fun, goal driven and has high expectations. The building are dated, but well maintained and clean. Lunches well prepared and actually taste good. The statements about parents being "not welcome" were true under the old principal, but this was never the case previously and not the case since the current principle has lead. Parent participation is much higher than just 2 years ago and there is a marked difference and both administrative and teaching personnel. Submitted by a parent

Mitchell Neilson Primary School 4

Posted February 11, 2013
I would say the same as the parent below, I came from an extremely weathly school and this was a shock but after having my child enrolled I can truly say don't judge by the outside, look at the teacher inside. Its quality, even in the location its at!!! Both my children are happy. The teachers are top quality! That is MNP not the other building! I cant say yet.

Mitchell Neilson Primary School 0

Posted January 30, 2010
as a concerned parent my child and i feel that the school could do much much better in teacher quality and and could take out uniforms because it is very hard and diffucult throught out the week

Mitchell Neilson Primary School 0

Posted November 01, 2009
My son is in Kindergarten at MNP and while I had some reservations initially, he absolutely loves it. My child is quiet and shy and we've had no bullying problems. They have a very strict no bullying policy and on top of that, the kids are all great. This isn't the school that all the wealthy families have their kids in, but I am convinced that MNP is near the top for character.

Mitchell Neilson Primary School 3

Posted August 29, 2009

Mitchell Neilson Primary School 5

Posted August 13, 2007

Posted April 13, 2007

Posted April 13, 2007

Mitchell Neilson Primary School 5

Posted March 27, 2007
My son loves MNP and so do I. Mrs. Parks is a wonderful principal and a truly vibrant person. The teachers are warm and concerned and compassionate towards the kids. My son is in kindergarten and I wouldn't have him anywhere else! The school really inspires self esteem within the children.

Posted January 21, 2006

Mitchell Neilson Primary School
1303 Jones Bl, Murfreesboro, TN  37129
Last modified Mitchell Neilson Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Mitchell Neilson Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top