Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I love this school. The front office staff are ALWAYS super friendly and helpful. The administration is friendly and present. The teachers we have had are fantastic. The school is clean and modern looking. We LOVE JPE!

Having 2 sons that attended JPE over an 8 year period and both with learning differences, our family's experience has been and continues to be positive. In most schools, there are educators and staff that have challenges interacting with parents and students. As a parent, I gave respect, demanded the same for my sons and received it in return from some of the most challenging personalities on staff. At JPE, I've consistently had advocates (Angels) willing to petition for my children's well being and care for both in my absence. My interactions with Mrs. Barton have greatly improved and I give her credit as one of many JPE team members that tailored successful educational plans for my sons! Both boys are excelling, knowledgable and confident thanks to the John Pittard Elementary staff.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The majority of the teachers are effective, though there are 2 teachers, new and tenured that have difficulty stepping out of their teaching boxes and needed my infuence or accountability. The others are phenominal!

Amount of homework: Agree

The amount is manageable and allows my child to have time in the afternoon. The amounts vary per semester.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I've not had an experience that encourages dishonesty and questionable action s of integrity. There are challenges at times, but noneven that influence negative behavior or decreased trust.

This is an excellent school. I've lived and had my son in schools around the country. They are great at welcoming everyone and incorporating all kids into the class rooms. I love the teachers

This school isn't that bad it's just ran by an unprofessional Principle who don't have any respect for parents. Ms. Barton needs to be fired.

This school is very nasty and dirty, look at the doors as you enter the school they haven't been cleaned for months. When I take my kids to school at 8 am these doors are filthy their not being cleaned and my son is constantly getting sick. I'm calling the Health Dept.

My son attended kindergarten and half year of first grade. The kindergarten year was awful, mostly due to an inexperienced closed minded teacher and a principal that does not respect parents. I had to file a complain with the department of education, because they were threatening with retaining my child if I did not do as they say, even though my son was academically on target for his grade. I got a call from the Murfreesboro city school district, I was told that the teacher and principal didn't follow the school district retention policy and that they could not retain a child based on social skills. First grade experience was different. This time he got a great teacher with 20 years of experience and who truly enjoys teaching and thankfully we didn't have to deal with the principal. Another reason I give this school such a low rating is because the ladies at the front office are rude to parents and as other reviewer said, you want to appear upper middle class, other wise the school staff wont show any respect for you.

Overall, it's a good school if you're child does not special attention. It took several years to get my child tested for gifted and as high as he tested, there's no excuse. In that time he became bored and disengaged in his education. The only other con is the staff can be extremely unwelcoming and judgmental. The likely reason my son fell through the cracks is their judgement of where excellence can come from. The parents are treated like criminals unless you are a teachers pet. They know me by first name but were still not allowed to help in class and any offers are rebuffed. Several parents have complained that were excluded from our children's education and it hurts knowing favorite parents are invited to read and work with the kids but, despite my education background, I have seemingly been blackballed. My advice for a great education experience at Pittard is to try to appear as upper middle class, elitist as possible because its a good school but there is a huge problem with stereotyping and parents knowing what is going on

Last modified John Pittard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.