Posted November 06, 2014
This school is very nasty and dirty, look at the doors as you enter the school they haven't been cleaned for months. When I take my kids to school at 8 am these doors are filthy their not being cleaned and my son is constantly getting sick. I'm calling the Health Dept.

John Pittard Elementary School 2

Posted August 18, 2014
My son attended kindergarten and half year of first grade. The kindergarten year was awful, mostly due to an inexperienced closed minded teacher and a principal that does not respect parents. I had to file a complain with the department of education, because they were threatening with retaining my child if I did not do as they say, even though my son was academically on target for his grade. I got a call from the Murfreesboro city school district, I was told that the teacher and principal didn't follow the school district retention policy and that they could not retain a child based on social skills. First grade experience was different. This time he got a great teacher with 20 years of experience and who truly enjoys teaching and thankfully we didn't have to deal with the principal. Another reason I give this school such a low rating is because the ladies at the front office are rude to parents and as other reviewer said, you want to appear upper middle class, other wise the school staff wont show any respect for you.

John Pittard Elementary School 3

Posted May 12, 2014
Overall, it's a good school if you're child does not special attention. It took several years to get my child tested for gifted and as high as he tested, there's no excuse. In that time he became bored and disengaged in his education. The only other con is the staff can be extremely unwelcoming and judgmental. The likely reason my son fell through the cracks is their judgement of where excellence can come from. The parents are treated like criminals unless you are a teachers pet. They know me by first name but were still not allowed to help in class and any offers are rebuffed. Several parents have complained that were excluded from our children's education and it hurts knowing favorite parents are invited to read and work with the kids but, despite my education background, I have seemingly been blackballed. My advice for a great education experience at Pittard is to try to appear as upper middle class, elitist as possible because its a good school but there is a huge problem with stereotyping and parents knowing what is going on

Posted August 03, 2013
John Pittard is a great school with a wonderful faculty and staff! My son is going to be a 2nd grader returning for his 3rd year at Pittard and he absolutely loves it and can't wait to see his friends again and to make new ones! My daughter is going into kindergarten this year and is very excited! She can't wait to go to her brothers school...she wants to make friends and learn new and exciting things! I can't wait for the 2013-2014 school year to start! I love seeing so many friendly faces every time I enter the doors at JPE, it is welcoming and cozy there! Thanks to everyone at John Pittard Elementary!

Posted June 30, 2013
This school is to busy labeling and drugging children, rather than providing quality education. My experience with this school is negative. I m glad my children don t have to go to that school anymore.

Posted August 07, 2012
The school is now called John Pittard and is a wonderful place! It's a big school but with very small class sizes. My daughter loves it here!

Posted June 23, 2010
My grandson loves this school and so do I. The curriculum is challenging and well rounded. The ESP program is wonderful. There is always something fun to do. The staff is caring and very helpful.

John Pittard Elementary School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
Two grandchildren went to this school. They felt comfortable in their surroundings, safe in their neighborhood and building. The whole school atmosphere was like one big family, led by an excellent person.

Posted September 22, 2009

Posted June 10, 2009
John Pittard is an excellent school with wonderful families, teachers, and administration. My child has attended the new school since it opened two years ago. JPE offers a quality, 5 STAR public education with a private school feel. There are plenty of opportunities for families to be a part of their child's education-parental involvement is welcomed and encouraged. We love being a part of the Pittard family.

John Pittard Elementary School
745 Dejarnett La, Murfreesboro, TN  37130
Last modified John Pittard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Pittard Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top