Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

John Pittard Elementary School 5

Posted February 22, 2016
Having 2 sons that attended JPE over an 8 year period and both with learning differences, our family's experience has been and continues to be positive. In most schools, there are educators and staff that have challenges interacting with parents and students. As a parent, I gave respect, demanded the same for my sons and received it in return from some of the most challenging personalities on staff. At JPE, I've consistently had advocates (Angels) willing to petition for my children's well being and care for both in my absence. My interactions with Mrs. Barton have greatly improved and I give her credit as one of many JPE team members that tailored successful educational plans for my sons! Both boys are excelling, knowledgable and confident thanks to the John Pittard Elementary staff.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted February 22, 2016
The majority of the teachers are effective, though there are 2 teachers, new and tenured that have difficulty stepping out of their teaching boxes and needed my infuence or accountability. The others are phenominal!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 22, 2016
The amount is manageable and allows my child to have time in the afternoon. The amounts vary per semester.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted February 22, 2016
In grades 3 to 6, teachers encourage determination and stamina that last beyond elementary school. My older son leaped from Cs and a few Bs in the 3rd grade to all As in the 7th grade. Now that's a turnaround based on JPE encouraged stamina!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted February 22, 2016
My child has autism and his teachers/staff encourages inclusion by his peers. My son feels loved and supported by his classmates. When issues arise, usually they are addressed by the staff.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 22, 2016
I've not had an experience that encourages dishonesty and questionable action s of integrity. There are challenges at times, but noneven that influence negative behavior or decreased trust.

John Pittard Elementary School 5

Posted July 30, 2015
This is an excellent school. I've lived and had my son in schools around the country. They are great at welcoming everyone and incorporating all kids into the class rooms. I love the teachers

John Pittard Elementary School 1

Posted November 25, 2014
This school isn't that bad it's just ran by an unprofessional Principle who don't have any respect for parents. Ms. Barton needs to be fired.

John Pittard Elementary School 1

Posted November 06, 2014
This school is very nasty and dirty, look at the doors as you enter the school they haven't been cleaned for months. When I take my kids to school at 8 am these doors are filthy their not being cleaned and my son is constantly getting sick. I'm calling the Health Dept.

John Pittard Elementary School 2

Posted August 18, 2014
My son attended kindergarten and half year of first grade. The kindergarten year was awful, mostly due to an inexperienced closed minded teacher and a principal that does not respect parents. I had to file a complain with the department of education, because they were threatening with retaining my child if I did not do as they say, even though my son was academically on target for his grade. I got a call from the Murfreesboro city school district, I was told that the teacher and principal didn't follow the school district retention policy and that they could not retain a child based on social skills. First grade experience was different. This time he got a great teacher with 20 years of experience and who truly enjoys teaching and thankfully we didn't have to deal with the principal. Another reason I give this school such a low rating is because the ladies at the front office are rude to parents and as other reviewer said, you want to appear upper middle class, other wise the school staff wont show any respect for you.

745 Dejarnette Lane, Murfreesboro, TN  37130
Last modified John Pittard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.