Murfreesboro, TN

Posted May 28, 2014
My son transferred from John Pittard to Northfield. I would rate Northfield 10 out of 10. I love their teachers, principal and ESP staff. The school is more like a small family than a school. My son got so much help from his 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Miller who went above and beyond to get him on track and partnering with me to ensure that he got everything he needs. Dr. Lloyd the principal is always out greeting parents in the morning, EVERY Morning and the kids love him. I have seen my son run up to him and hug him some mornings. I am so sad to leave Northfield due to the rezoning but I feel they are the best school my son has ever attended.

Northfield Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2014
My sons transferred to this school last fall, & overall we've had a great experience. They both had excellent teachers & are excited to return in the fall. The principal is welcoming & seems to have a great rapport with the staff. My only complaint is the communication, as there were times I was unaware of events in the school. However, this may be a result of my son "forgetting" to get notes in his bag/folder.

Posted October 10, 2013
My son absolutely loves this school. The faculty and staff are very friendly and truly care about the students. They are strict on rulesof entering the building, which assures me of my child's safety while he is at school.

Posted August 17, 2013
I have had children in Northfield Elementary school for 4 years. The school population diverse, a snap shot of "real life." My young children have quickly learned how not everyone is alike and that differences are okay! The teachers are kind and hardworking. The principal is accessible and is often seen in the halls or working the car rider line. I feel safe with my children at this school and know that they are in wonderful hands when they are away from home.

Posted January 31, 2012
These people do not care about children. When trying to enroll my children in this school, I had to keep my children home for a few days instead of letting them attend because the school informed me that they cannot enroll children without physicals from the doctor's office. I was told that they couldn't admit them while waiting on the paperwork to be faxed because (and I'm quoting school officials), "we need those papers, what if there's something wrong with your kids? We could be sued, if they get hurt. We can't let them attend without having seen a physician's physical. It's school board policy." That doesn't sound like a place "where kids come first". That sounds like all they care about is a lawsuit. I have a 30 year mortgage within walking distance of the school, and I dread the next several years of sending my children to this place.

Posted January 06, 2012
I have nothing but great things to say about this school. Starting with the leadership of the principal, then the teachers, and the after school program as well. Northfield has shined with great promise. I would suggest that parents allow their children to take part in the ESP program for their children to help nurture the child even further in their learning experience.

Northfield Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Great teachers, and a good learning enviroment! kids love the scholl

Posted August 29, 2009
Unfortunately, our experience was not very good. A multitude of behavior problems in our class made learning difficult and our teacher frustrated. The curriculum levels were geared towards children at the bottom. There are no gifted identified at this school; those identified and many high achievers have moved to Discovery School. We know many families who have become frustrated with this school & moved to Erma Siegel zone or choose private, home school, magnet, or county over Northfield.

Posted August 29, 2009

Posted August 12, 2009
My son is in 2nd grade and loves this school. The teachers and principal consider each child when deciding what class and teacher will work best for the child. Our experience at this school has been great!!! My son loves going to school and is excited to learn. I can't speak highly enough of them.

Northfield Elementary School
550 West Northfield Bl, Murfreesboro, TN  37129
Last modified Northfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northfield Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top