Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Horrible principle and staff. We had a terrible experience please don't put your children to trauma by sending them to this school. Several of the parents I go to church with are as displeased as I am. They just didn't go online to post a review. So as far as the reviews and complaints been old, they are not. This office is always full, shouldn't you wonder why? The principle makes the counselor do the dirty work and the teachers take their frustration out on the children.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

We reported bullying three times and they didn't do anything, instead the teacher manipulated my son into agreeing with her.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Not at all, my son never received any help.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The principle doesn't do anything and when something gets out of hand he makes his counselor do all the dirty work and deal with the parents

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They allow bullying and don't care about the children

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

This year we had a teacher that was very mean to our son.

Excellent principal and staff. The bad reviews are from years ago but one of the complaints is true here, Siegel, and probably every school but Discovery- behavior problems from 1-2 students in a given class drain the teachers & make learning tough for the other kids. Teachers have their hands tied & aren't even allowed legally to suggest to parents that they see a doc for potential medication. The system is rigged so teachers have to focus on slow or problem kids that realistically are never going to amount to much. That's a Mboro/State problem & no reflection on staff at Northfield.

My son transferred from John Pittard to Northfield. I would rate Northfield 10 out of 10. I love their teachers, principal and ESP staff. The school is more like a small family than a school. My son got so much help from his 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Miller who went above and beyond to get him on track and partnering with me to ensure that he got everything he needs. Dr. Lloyd the principal is always out greeting parents in the morning, EVERY Morning and the kids love him. I have seen my son run up to him and hug him some mornings. I am so sad to leave Northfield due to the rezoning but I feel they are the best school my son has ever attended.

My sons transferred to this school last fall, & overall we've had a great experience. They both had excellent teachers & are excited to return in the fall. The principal is welcoming & seems to have a great rapport with the staff. My only complaint is the communication, as there were times I was unaware of events in the school. However, this may be a result of my son "forgetting" to get notes in his bag/folder.

My son absolutely loves this school. The faculty and staff are very friendly and truly care about the students. They are strict on rulesof entering the building, which assures me of my child's safety while he is at school.

Last modified Northfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.