Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

my children were bullied by a couple of students (at different times) and these children were dealt with.

Effective school leaders: Agree

always addressed our concerns when brought to their attention.

Develops character: Strongly agree

the school can only do so much and I appreciate their efforts to teach our children to be great students and better citizens.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

most of my kids teachers have been effective and resourceful.

Amount of homework: Neutral

Sometimes too much homework, sometimes not enough. I hate common core.

my oldest came from Bellwood Pre-K, started Black Fox in Kindergarten and is now in his 6th grade year. Time has flown by! In the years that we have been at BF, we have had an overall good experience, minimal issues and what was brought to their attention was ALWAYS addressed. MOST of the staff is welcoming, we had a bad apple teacher one year but she is just one person. My daughter also came from Bellwood Pre-K, she is now in 2nd grade. They love their school and Im proud to be a BF mom. I have one more child, waiting so eagerly to start school. I hope she gets to go to BF too! The teachers are personable and care about the success of their students. My 2 in school shared the same Kindergarten teacher. Maybe we will keep that tradition too. When our school had a bomb threat either last year or the year before, my daughter's teacher was TOP notch and told them they were going on an adventure as they left the school, to make sure the kids did not know what bad thing was happening and to keep the kids from being scared.

My child is in kindergarten and has had a wonderful year. Her teacher was outstanding! We have been very happy with Blackfox!

My son is in 2nd grade and we love this school. Some of the 2 star reviews here reflect things that are beyond the control of the actual school itself. Kindergarten hasn't been half day in over 20 years. That's not Black Fox Elementary policy, it's TN state policy. The kids do move from room to room to do their "Special Areas." I remember my elementary school was small so the music, art, etc teachers had to come to our room. At Black Fox each special subject has it's own room. The fact that Black Fox has two music teachers and two art teachers is awesome! They're very parent friendly and make an effort to know you and your child. If we move to a different school zone in the future, I will gladly pay any fees to keep my sons in this school.

I actually attended this school. Blackfox is what I call "home." I'm now starting High School. But however blackfox is always my school. Teachers are oh so thoughtful and caring. When I needed help someone was always there. Its a safe school. Nothing to worry about. The education/learning wise. It's really good I actually learned so much stuff there. They teach you great things. So many tricks and shortcuts to getting the right answer.I still carry many of those methods today. If you want your child in a safe and fun environment Blackfox is that place.

Just dont feel involved like I did at his pre-school Bellwood but he is learning so much. so that counts.

Last modified Black Fox Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.