Posted May 19, 2014
My child is in kindergarten and has had a wonderful year. Her teacher was outstanding! We have been very happy with Blackfox!

Posted August 16, 2013
My son is in 2nd grade and we love this school. Some of the 2 star reviews here reflect things that are beyond the control of the actual school itself. Kindergarten hasn't been half day in over 20 years. That's not Black Fox Elementary policy, it's TN state policy. The kids do move from room to room to do their "Special Areas." I remember my elementary school was small so the music, art, etc teachers had to come to our room. At Black Fox each special subject has it's own room. The fact that Black Fox has two music teachers and two art teachers is awesome! They're very parent friendly and make an effort to know you and your child. If we move to a different school zone in the future, I will gladly pay any fees to keep my sons in this school.

Posted July 16, 2013
I actually attended this school. Blackfox is what I call "home." I'm now starting High School. But however blackfox is always my school. Teachers are oh so thoughtful and caring. When I needed help someone was always there. Its a safe school. Nothing to worry about. The education/learning wise. It's really good I actually learned so much stuff there. They teach you great things. So many tricks and shortcuts to getting the right answer.I still carry many of those methods today. If you want your child in a safe and fun environment Blackfox is that place.

Black Fox Elementary School 3

Posted October 25, 2010
Just dont feel involved like I did at his pre-school Bellwood but he is learning so much. so that counts.

Posted July 27, 2009
I love this school! The teachers and staff care deeply about all of the kids. I only wish their school webpage was updated a little more. In the past the page was up to date and very informative, but lately the page is very bland. We still love the school!!!!

Black Fox Elementary School 1

Posted January 20, 2009

Black Fox Elementary School 0

Posted January 13, 2009
My daughters both went to blackfox (wwaivered in, over Buchanon) They are now @ Buchanon and I sorely miss the enviroment and atmosphere they had at BlackFox. I became friends with most of the Blackfox teachers and still keep in contact with them. I have a son ready to start Kindergarten this year.. I will once again be driving each day and paying if neccessary for him to go to BlackFox VS. Buchanon. It is well worth the extra effort from me; for the extra effort the faculty at Blackfox puts forth. The 2 years my daughters have been at Buchanon, have been drastically different.

Posted September 02, 2008
I love this school! The principal, teachers, and staff are wonderful and truly care about the students. You don't hear much about Black Fox but it is absolutely a diamond in the rough.

Posted July 24, 2008
My son has gone to Black Fox since Kindergarten, he is starting 5th grade this fall. Between his 3rd and 4th grade year, we moved into a different school zone, I followed the procedures to have him waivered into this great school. Last year, I drove across town just so he could stay in this school. This is one of the most parent friendly schools I have seen. The always welcome parents to stop by. The teachers are the best. They care not only for each student's academics, but the child's well being also. My child was in 1st grade the year of one of the previous reviews and the Kindergerten through 3rd Grade had no more than 20 students per teacher, so I do not understand why they thought there were 36 students in one class. Also every city school had the full day Kindergarten program not just Black Fox.

Posted March 16, 2008
I too have nothing but great things to say about this school. I have had 3 sons to go to this school and just recently had to pull my youngest two from this school because we moved. Let me tell you that I have cried and cried about losing the wonderful teachers that we lost. These teachers go above and beyond to help your child succeed. My kids are both special needs (adhd, and odd) but they have not been treated differently, they have been treated with the utmost respect and I love the teachers they have had. I will miss this school dearly.

Black Fox Elementary School
1753 South Rutherford Bl, Murfreesboro, TN  37130
Last modified Black Fox Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Black Fox Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top